Week 8: Portsmouth (6-1) @ Fairland (5-1)

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Re: Week 8: Portsmouth (6-1) @ Fairland (5-1)

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

greygoose wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:55 am
BuckeyeBlood wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:51 am
greygoose wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:48 am

You're the one with all the complaints about a place everyone knows how it works, you're at a disadvantage. You can help out your fellow OVC team yourself man, only the guy doing all the complaining should feel an obligation to help. You can be bitter all ya want, didn't know they'd play on a wet muddy field?? ya'll not have access to the weather there?? So if Fairland would get beat by Ironton by 3 tds and Trojans would've been 2 scores better on a perfect field so does that mean your prediction is Ironton by 7 come week 10? Bottom line in the end Fairland--15, Trojans--14. It was a close game throughout and could've gone either way and if you look back I'm sure you can find a dozen plays where things shift the game if this or this happens it's how it works.
I’m going to complain about it every single time I go there. I’ll complain every single time I go to Gallia, I’m not sure why that hurts you that I complain. Maybe I should’ve complain more about Waverly? That darn walk around that track is brutal, you should donate to have the away team shuttled to the stands on that side. Make you feel better?
Go ahead and complain about Waverly, makes no different to me, complain about Gallia if that's what makes you feel better about yourself and these outcomes then rock on man. It's Saturday an hr or so before the Buckeyes kickoff and Friday night scores remain the same, 15-14 just goes to show what complaining truly gets ya, nothing.
I bet you sure are fun to watch Ohio State with. I bet you’re one of those fans who called for McCord to start. This is a high school sports forum. The goal is to post, complain, predict, analyze what have you. Makes for good conversation, makes for some fun reading. So yes me complaining won’t change the score, nor should it, but I also won’t stop. I also have a gut feeling you won’t stop responding to me on future threads.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:59 am
BuckeyeBlood wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:51 am

I’m going to complain about it every single time I go there. I’ll complain every single time I go to Gallia, I’m not sure why that hurts you that I complain. Maybe I should’ve complain more about Waverly? That darn walk around that track is brutal, you should donate to have the away team shuttled to the stands on that side. Make you feel better?
Go ahead and complain about Waverly, makes no different to me, complain about Gallia if that's what makes you feel better about yourself and these outcomes then rock on man. It's Saturday an hr or so before the Buckeyes kickoff and Friday night scores remain the same, 15-14 just goes to show what complaining truly gets ya, nothing.
I bet you sure are fun to watch Ohio State with. I bet you’re one of those fans who called for McCord to start. This is a high school sports forum. The goal is to post, complain, predict, analyze what have you. Makes for good conversation, makes for some fun reading. So yes me complaining won’t change the score, nor should it, but I also won’t stop. I also have a gut feeling you won’t stop responding to me on future threads.
Well yeah we're having a good conversation man, noticed you didn't write down whining. So you're predicting Ironton by 7 over Trojans in week 10, man have to have faith in your team. Dang man, also sounds like you need to fix that special teams failed to mention that guess Fairland didn't get any credit. I get it though you pick and choose right? Started with this and now moved on to this because that wasn't working. :lol: :lol:

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

greygoose wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:10 am

Well yeah we're having a good conversation man, noticed you didn't write down whining. So you're predicting Ironton by 7 over Trojans in week 10, man have to have faith in your team. Dang man, also sounds like you need to fix that special teams failed to mention that guess Fairland didn't get any credit. I get it though you pick and choose right? Started with this and now moved on to this because that wasn't working. :lol: :lol:
I’d give them credit but that’s all Portsmouth. You seen their ST against Waverly first hand. Horrible, could say it cost them both games. Ironton beats Portsmouth by 3 TD’s, they would now beat Fairland by 3 TD’s, Portsmouth beats Fairland on turf or dry grass. I haven’t waivered from that nor will I. You keep telling me to move on but you’re obsession with me won’t allow it. Maybe you like me?

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Jmo Portsmouth would beat Fairland on turf field and will beat Ironton!!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:42 am
greygoose wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:10 am

I’d give them credit but that’s all Portsmouth. You seen their ST against Waverly first hand. Horrible, could say it cost them both games. Ironton beats Portsmouth by 3 TD’s, they would now beat Fairland by 3 TD’s, Portsmouth beats Fairland on turf or dry grass. I haven’t waivered from that nor will I. You keep telling me to move on but you’re obsession with me won’t allow it. Maybe you like me?
I love ya man, we're one happy family, wait so now Portsmouth is beating Fairland on turf or dry grass?? Jeez just have them play in a dome why don't you, I'm glad Fairland didn't have to deal with these conditions must've been tough returning the kickoff for a TD. I mean with the stands so awful, announcer terrible, and mud on the field. It's Saturday and it's still 15-14 ;)

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

trojandave wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:53 am Congratulations to the Fairland Dragons on the win.......and to our Trojans for an outstanding effort!! Portsmouth proved NO DOUBT that they will be a very dangerous team come playoff time......2 losses by 1 point to 1 loss teams, both at their place.

The difference in the game came down to the kickoff return for a TD by the Dragons......it was the 4th TD allowed by PHS special teams this season.....that's too many and this time it cost them dearly. From scrimmage play, the Trojans outscored FHS 2 TD's to 1. The Trojan defense played a very good game, holding the Dragons offense in check.

Fairland has a good team.......they run the ball well, and missed on some throws to open receivers, but in the end deserved to win. I applaud Coach Kalb for going for the 2 pt. conversion.......it was the right call as far as I'm concerned.

QB Drew Roe had a tough time getting yards with his feet, yet he still threw 2 TD passes to Daryionne Bryant and a 2 pt. conversion pass. Drew has played well in every game this season......he's one of the main reasons why the Trojans will be a headache for any defensive coordinator in the playoffs.

I'm one who thinks Portsmouth can finish out the regular season with an 8-2 record, and yes, that includes winning at Ironton. I see no reason why the Trojans can't go into the Tank and come away with a W. Total respect for the Fighting Tigers, but the same for our Trojans.

GO TROJANS!!

Special teams needs fixed ! Even when they aren't giving up touchdowns they give up big yards ,cant give good teams short fields.

This isn't an excuse for losing this game talking about all season ,Fairland earned this win and we had our chance to win it at the end and came up short it happens like you posted we lost 2 games by 1 point both down to the wire against 2 very good teams ,Nothing for our kids to hang their head about.

Good luck Fairland in post season ?

Trojans focus on South point this week!

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

So why are some people acting as if you have to shut up if your team lost? Ive noticed this on other post as well, as soon as someone makes any comment about a team that lost its automatically labled as an excuse. How simple minded are some of you? Its called having a discussion and a lot of the time the points people bring up make sense. Can we go back to actually talking about football instead of acting like kids? Some of you just want to get on here and go back and forth with people my lord.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

For those of you looking down on Portsmouth fans, a lot of us think highly of Fairland. They are a very good team and could have very easily won on a dry field as well. Pointing out a few things like watching Roe slip when he moves out of the pocket every snap he ever plays isnt making an excuse its an observation. It was a game that was won by a single point on a horrible field and you think people arent going to discuss things about the game? You fans who want the losing team to not say a single word if you lose are toxic. Ruining so many conversations cause you want to be funny and try to burn someone. This happens after so many games.

RJShifko
Riding the Bench

Post by RJShifko »

Guys it’s pretty simple Portsmouth was something probably like 20-30 throwing the ball Roe and his wide receivers didn’t have many balls that were thrown poorly or dropped. Fairland kept Roe in the pocket and made him throw short of the sticks. The Fairland Dbacks -27 Leep/1 Kitts/3 Martin / 10 Hunt didn’t miss many tackles and kept the play in front of them that made it hard for Portsmouth to go the length of the field. Fairland DLine lived in the backfield and made Row not able to make plays down field. You add that all up and Fairland holds Portsmouth to 14 points.
Go to the other side of the ball and Fairland offensively struggled I would guess the passing game they were maybe 4-18-20 with 2 interceptions and they missed on the half back pass they missed at least 3 deep balls that would have been touchdowns with guys running open and the ball just never got to them. Fairland has to feel great about the way they played on defense and concerned with the offensive execution if they just made the plays you are looking at a much different game. For Portsmouth the mistake was giving the ball to Schmidt on the kickoff that play was huge go down tie the game 8-8 and have momentum Fairland offensively between the penalties and lack of passing game we’re playing behind the sticks all night and Coach Cunningham was obviously getting frustrated with the fact that guys were open for big plays and couldn’t get the ball to them.

It was a great game fun to watch and have to compliment the way both teams handled the adversity the refs were terrible all game both ways throwing flags picking up flags unsure what to call and more but neither team folded the players didn’t let the refs fluster them. I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see Portsmouth play Ironton very close maybe even pull an upset Roe and the WR are great

CAT21
Riding the Bench

Post by CAT21 »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:43 pm For those of you looking down on Portsmouth fans, a lot of us think highly of Fairland. They are a very good team and could have very easily won on a dry field as well. Pointing out a few things like watching Roe slip when he moves out of the pocket every snap he ever plays isnt making an excuse its an observation. It was a game that was won by a single point on a horrible field and you think people arent going to discuss things about the game? You fans who want the losing team to not say a single word if you lose are toxic. Ruining so many conversations cause you want to be funny and try to burn someone. This happens after so many games.
I think these conversations are great to have. I don’t see a problem with speculating how a game could go if they played another time. Portsmouth is a great team and so is fairland. Portsmouth fans have every right to assume it might have went another way had they played on a dry turf field.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

CAT21 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:20 pm
SciotoCfootball wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:43 pm For those of you looking down on Portsmouth fans, a lot of us think highly of Fairland. They are a very good team and could have very easily won on a dry field as well. Pointing out a few things like watching Roe slip when he moves out of the pocket every snap he ever plays isnt making an excuse its an observation. It was a game that was won by a single point on a horrible field and you think people arent going to discuss things about the game? You fans who want the losing team to not say a single word if you lose are toxic. Ruining so many conversations cause you want to be funny and try to burn someone. This happens after so many games.
I think these conversations are great to have. I don’t see a problem with speculating how a game could go if they played another time. Portsmouth is a great team and so is fairland. Portsmouth fans have every right to assume it might have went another way had they played on a dry turf field.
Exactly thats why we're all here is to conversate and speculate. This is the perfect type of game to talk about what ifs and so on if you ask me. So sick of the fans who never add anything to a topic other than bickering and trying to roast someone its become so common. Fans can say well if this and that without it turning into a petty arguement.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

There is one thing I've really been puzzled by. Among the signs hanging on the Home side bleachers and by the concession standa disparaging our players was one that read "Portsmouth doesn't pump their own gas". Is there an innuendo I'm missing there? I guess if taken literally it could be a slight insult in the fact we are lazy or soft? Just kind of puzzled me especially since I can't think of a single full service gas station that has operated within city limits for over 15 years.

CAT21
Riding the Bench

Post by CAT21 »

portsmouth_98 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:11 pm There is one thing I've really been puzzled by. Among the signs hanging on the Home side bleachers and by the concession standa disparaging our players was one that read "Portsmouth doesn't pump their own gas". Is there an innuendo I'm missing there? I guess if taken literally it could be a slight insult in the fact we are lazy or soft? Just kind of puzzled me especially since I can't think of a single full service gas station that has operated within city limits for over 15 years.
I don’t think there was a deeper meaning to it lol. I think it’s just like meant as an insult that really doesn’t make a whole lot of sense. :lol:

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

CAT21 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:13 pm
portsmouth_98 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:11 pm There is one thing I've really been puzzled by. Among the signs hanging on the Home side bleachers and by the concession standa disparaging our players was one that read "Portsmouth doesn't pump their own gas". Is there an innuendo I'm missing there? I guess if taken literally it could be a slight insult in the fact we are lazy or soft? Just kind of puzzled me especially since I can't think of a single full service gas station that has operated within city limits for over 15 years.
I don’t think there was a deeper meaning to it lol. I think it’s just like meant as an insult that really doesn’t make a whole lot of sense. :lol:
Seen on Facebook where Roe thought the signs about him were funny lol personally I think stuff like that is awesome. Silly remarks for fun that add to the game. Only a few times have I seen offensive signs at HS sporting events they're usually innocent.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

I guess I've just reached the point where I'm used to things teenagers say going over my head.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

portsmouth_98 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:38 pm I guess I've just reached the point where I'm used to things teenagers say going over my head.
Looks like they were talking about the gas station on the west side lol should have used that one first game of the season against West.

Fairlandboi69
Waterboy

Post by Fairlandboi69 »

Where can I find stats for this game?

Passing, Rushing, Time of Possession, Penalties, Penalty Yards and more?

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

I seen some highlights of the game on TV lastnight and man it was a muddy mess. Did Fairland get that much rain or did they have the fire trucks there yesterday.

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

WrestlingFootball wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:04 am
Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:38 am I figured portsmouth would win if played on turf, especially on a dry night. But tonight wasn't dry and it wasn't on turf. I wasn't there and didn't watch, but it sounds like the Trojans speed was nullified by a sloppy field ? Is this an accurate assessment ? And my question for dragon fans is: after seeing Ironton and portsmouth, does portsmouth have a good shot at beating Ironton ?
After watching both games. I think Portsmouth is good enough to beat Ironton. The only thing that hurts Portsmouth in that game is a good run game. But if Portsmouth spreads Ironton out and the QB takes off with it could be effective. Will be a great game to watch that's for sure.
I'm looking forward to this game. Been a long time since portsmouth rolled into the tank with a team this talented that believes they can win. Should be a great atmosphere! This Trojan team reminds me a lot of the 2006 Westfall team. Good at spreading the field and utilizing the QB speed. Ironton needs to not take this team lightly.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:41 am
WrestlingFootball wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:04 am
Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:38 am I figured portsmouth would win if played on turf, especially on a dry night. But tonight wasn't dry and it wasn't on turf. I wasn't there and didn't watch, but it sounds like the Trojans speed was nullified by a sloppy field ? Is this an accurate assessment ? And my question for dragon fans is: after seeing Ironton and portsmouth, does portsmouth have a good shot at beating Ironton ?
After watching both games. I think Portsmouth is good enough to beat Ironton. The only thing that hurts Portsmouth in that game is a good run game. But if Portsmouth spreads Ironton out and the QB takes off with it could be effective. Will be a great game to watch that's for sure.
I'm looking forward to this game. Been a long time since portsmouth rolled into the tank with a team this talented that believes they can win. Should be a great atmosphere! This Trojan team reminds me a lot of the 2006 Westfall team. Good at spreading the field and utilizing the QB speed. Ironton needs to not take this team lightly.
I lost to that 2006 west fall team in the playoffs would love to have had Dominic Murphy that game. I do see the similarities in the two teams but westfalls had a slightly better Oline and taller receivers across the field they were all over 6ft at least

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵

Return to “Football”