Week 8 Jackson @ Washington

Ed Ott
Varsity

Re: Week 8 Jackson @ Washington

Post by Ed Ott »

Rumor here in Chillicothe is that Winters is getting QB looks from WVU. The few times I’ve watched he has a big time arm. Another Ironmen playing at WVU would be huge.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Ed Ott wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:05 pm Rumor here in Chillicothe is that Winters is getting QB looks from WVU. The few times I’ve watched he has a big time arm. Another Ironmen playing at WVU would be huge.
Yes he did make a visit to Morgantown. Definitely a huge arm, makes 50 yard passes with ease.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Yeah, arm is very strong. Can go very deep and fit it in some tight windows. Would be great if he can keep developing and improving and give a legit D1 school like West Virginia a run.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:31 pm Yeah, arm is very strong. Can go very deep and fit it in some tight windows. Would be great if he can keep developing and improving and give a legit D1 school like West Virginia a run.
You’ve seen a lot of Jackson teams over the years. Where would you rank the current Jackson quarterback as a passer compared to former Jackson quarterbacks.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:16 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:31 pm Yeah, arm is very strong. Can go very deep and fit it in some tight windows. Would be great if he can keep developing and improving and give a legit D1 school like West Virginia a run.
You’ve seen a lot of Jackson teams over the years. Where would you rank the current Jackson quarterback as a passer compared to former Jackson quarterbacks.
That’s tough…arm strength and zip he’s #1.

Mike Morgan was a great passer back in the day. Big arm, great touch too. Played D2 at Ferris State and made Final 4 a couple times, might have won it all.

Joey Boggs great arm strength and touch as well but he never passed much….but he’s way up there.

Jared Humphreys could pass well

Austin Osborne could throw a good deep ball

Brice Hall showed good touch and throwing ability.

Winters seems very wired for the next level and quick drop backs and footwork have led to some serious missiles but also too many picks….but also still not greatly experienced. A lot of off and on reps. He has the chance now to show what he can do. I think Morgan is the best comparison. Winters a bit more arm, Morgan a bit better touch. Morgan took care of ball better and both legit running threats. Both incredibly strong. Winters better size.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:28 pm

Mike Morgan was a great passer back in the day. Big arm, great touch too. Played D2 at Ferris State and made Final 4 a couple times, might have won it all.

Joey Boggs great arm strength and touch as well but he never passed much….but he’s way up there.

Winters seems very wired for the next level and quick drop backs and footwork have led to some serious missiles but also too many picks….but also still not greatly experienced. A lot of off and on reps. He has the chance now to show what he can do. I think Morgan is the best comparison. Winters a bit more arm, Morgan a bit better touch. Morgan took care of ball better and both legit running threats. Both incredibly strong. Winters better size.
Osborne and Sexton were great running quarterbacks. Sexton was a magician with the midline. Hall was a very solid passer. He’s current quarterback at Otterbein.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:34 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:28 pm

Osborne and Sexton were great running quarterbacks. Sexton was a magician with the midline. Hall was a very solid passer. He’s current quarterback at Otterbein.
Yeah….you said passing so I tried to stick mostly there

Spires in his chances threw some really good passes as well, definitely can’t leave him out

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

This team should win the region. This is the year we have been waiting on. Granville will be the team to beat. Opening up the offense is a must. Winters is the best Jackson QB EVER not even close. Power 5 D1 has the arm and size if I see him at fb again I will throw up.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

allamericanironman wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:00 pm This team should win the region. This is the year we have been waiting on. Granville will be the team to beat. Opening up the offense is a must. Winters is the best Jackson QB EVER not even close. Power 5 D1 has the arm and size if I see him at fb again I will throw up.
Line needs to clean up their fundamentals but I think most are coming back . A good off season in the weight room and they could be real real good .

Buckeye_Football
Waterboy

Post by Buckeye_Football »

Jackson wins big again. 42-14

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

allamericanironman wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:00 pm This team should win the region. This is the year we have been waiting on. Granville will be the team to beat. Opening up the offense is a must. Winters is the best Jackson QB EVER not even close. Power 5 D1 has the arm and size if I see him at fb again I will throw up.
Great player but not greatest Jackson has ever seen. And Jackson has a lot of improvements to make to win the region this year. I hope we can do it.

Jimbob2023
Riding the Bench

Post by Jimbob2023 »

:lol:
Ironmen98 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:51 pm
Jimbob2023 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:43 pm As with all FAC conference games, Jackson huge.
I hope you’re right and I know of agree. They offense is starting to find some rhythm. Defense has been pretty good all year minus WB.
Starting to find rhythm? I’d hope so playing McClain, Washington, Chillicothe…..Hell, I’d have rhythm against this clown conference. I love it!

Jimbob2023
Riding the Bench

Post by Jimbob2023 »

Ed Ott wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:05 pm Rumor here in Chillicothe is that Winters is getting QB looks from WVU. The few times I’ve watched he has a big time arm. Another Ironmen playing at WVU would be huge.
Attending camps at any school (OSU, Alabama, Ohio U, W Va, or any school) is open to anyone who wants to pay a camp fee. Not the same as “taking a visit”. Not being negative, just keeping it in perspective.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jimbob2023 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:40 am :lol:
Jimbob2023 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:43 pm As with all FAC conference games, Jackson huge.
I hope you’re right and I know of agree. They offense is starting to find some rhythm. Defense has been pretty good all year minus WB.
Starting to find rhythm? I’d hope so playing McClain, Washington, Chillicothe…..Hell, I’d have rhythm against this clown conference. I love it!
I’m sure you are aware that Jackson has lost multiple times in this clown conference the last few years.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

My bad . I thought you were a Jackson supporter since you post about Jackson games.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Jimbob2023 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:50 am
Attending camps at any school (OSU, Alabama, Ohio U, W Va, or any school) is open to anyone who wants to pay a camp fee. Not the same as “taking a visit”. Not being negative, just keeping it in perspective.
He was literally invited to come take a visit and watch a game. Not the same as paying to go to a camp. He was asked to come.

Jimbob2023
Riding the Bench

Post by Jimbob2023 »

Ironmen34 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:10 pm
He was literally invited to come take a visit and watch a game. Not the same as paying to go to a camp. He was asked to come.
Of course it’s not the same as paying to attend camp. Granted, it wasn’t football, but my two daughters attended college camps back a few years, and literally every single one invited them to attend a game and visit. Treated them like gold, free meal and game tickets. “Taking a visit” or “official visits” are mostly done during the sr year and paid for by the university. I’m pretty sure college football probably works similar. I’m also pretty sure all D1 schools work the same way. I could be wrong.
Again, not being negative to any individual. Just keeping it in perspective. I hope every kid gets to play exactly where they want in all sports.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Ironmen34 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:10 pm
It’s called throwing shade. Had another poster about 6 years ago do the same thing. Crab in the barrel theory.
Last edited by Ironmen98 on Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jimbob2023
Riding the Bench

Post by Jimbob2023 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:30 pm

My bad . I thought you were a Jackson supporter since you post about Jackson games.
So someone isn’t a Jackson supporter if they admit freely that, other than Jackson, the FAC is extremely weak? If you can’t see that, your delusional. Jackson played some tough non conference games, but yes, the conference is extremely weak. Sorry if that bursts your Ironman bubble.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Jimbob2023 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:53 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:30 pm

So someone isn’t a Jackson supporter if they admit freely that, other than Jackson, the FAC is extremely weak? If you can’t see that, your delusional. Jackson played some tough non conference games, but yes, the conference is extremely weak. Sorry if that bursts your Ironman bubble.
You literally throw shade on every comment. So what if its a weak conference. It’s seo high school football. You sound mad about something.

Return to “Football”