Coach eddy on the hot seat?

fielddaddy
JV Team

Re: Coach eddy on the hot seat?

Post by fielddaddy »

Logan has the resources to be a very good team getting the right coach and being able to get the kids to believe in the program and wants to play is a big issue.
Ironton went through this a few years ago and got the right coach to lead the program.
I do not know if Logan has the right coach I'm prevy to that information I do wish them a successful turn around it only helps SE Ohio

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

It depends on how you look at it. Their schedule is brutal. The St. Charles loss I’m sure is disappointing. However, take a look at the teams they’ve lost to thus far:

Jackson: 5-2
Teays Valley: 7-0
Sheridan: 6-1
Chillicothe: 3-3
St. Charles: 2-5
A total of 23-11. That’s a strong Strength of Schedule. The teams they have left to play is 12-7 overall, which includes a very good Fort Frye team and Zanesville. They’ve played arguably the toughest schedule in SE Ohio. People overall in today’s society are impatient. Things take time. It takes time to implement strategies and systems. If the kids and community believe in him and his staff, the success will come.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

The Logan job is not the prime job it was during the years in the SEOAL. They play a very tough schedule now as an independent. The game I saw against Jackson, they did not have the players to be successful against the schedule they now play. It is going to take awhile to get it back to what people expect. How long has Coach Eddy been there? He did a very good job at Gallia Academy. The Logan job right now is a thought job!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Logan has been having trouble for some years now and has had a few coaches. I'm hearing there is some talent in the lower grades. I think they should stay with Eddy to see what he does with them. Also something needs to happen to get those players that roam the halls to come out.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Ohiostrut
Waterboy

Post by Ohiostrut »

Head coach needs to stay, some others coaches need to go
Any one on this thread watch the games

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Jason Vorhees wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:46 am It depends on how you look at it. Their schedule is brutal. The St. Charles loss I’m sure is disappointing. However, take a look at the teams they’ve lost to thus far:

A total of 23-11. That’s a strong Strength of Schedule. The teams they have left to play is 12-7 overall, which includes a very good Fort Frye team and Zanesville. They’ve played arguably the toughest schedule in SE Ohio. People overall in today’s society are impatient. Things take time. It takes time to implement strategies and systems. If the kids and community believe in him and his staff, the success will come.
St. Charles' record is very deceiving and they took Watterson to overtime a week earlier. Give them a SE district schedule and they are a 6-1 team.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Jason Vorhees wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:46 am It depends on how you look at it. Their schedule is brutal. The St. Charles loss I’m sure is disappointing. However, take a look at the teams they’ve lost to thus far:

I'll give you that they've played some tough competition but the are they competing against tough competition and that's the problem I guess if I'm looking at just who they played. Let's just take the top 3 teams because once we hit 3-3 eh not really worried about it. So in those games they weren't competitive AT ALL and that's the problem when saying well they played tough competition, yeah but they're a DII school those are teams they play. So much so they were outscored 13-124 in 3 games, let that sink in. Now I don't have a dog in the fight however if I'm looking at the school from the outside in I want to see a team competing and by those numbers that simply isn't the case.

redblue85
Freshman Team

Post by redblue85 »

MTSWNGRVSG wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:57 pm The Logan job is not the prime job it was during the years in the SEOAL. They play a very tough schedule now as an independent. The game I saw against Jackson, they did not have the players to be successful against the schedule they now play. It is going to take awhile to get it back to what people expect. How long has Coach Eddy been there? He did a very good job at Gallia Academy. The Logan job right now is a thought job!
but there a big school with better facilities than anybody else in the area...a lot of peopel would want that job if open

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

There is a firm opinion in coaching circles to the north and west of Logan that it’s not an attractive job, and being a D2 independent doesn’t help matters.

Sidethrower
Waterboy

Post by Sidethrower »

fielddaddy wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:08 am Ironton went through this a few years ago and got the right coach to lead the program.
Yes, hire a new coach and recruit from other schools like crazy....Definitely a winning formula!!!!

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I have no idea what kind of job coach Eddy is doing when he came to gallia academy. the program and the attitude about the school from within the school came first. the on field product actually declined a little at first then in about year 3 the tide began to return. He was fairly successful at getting kids that didnt play football to come out. but that took a couple of years to begin to take effect.

Pitstop Billy
Freshman Team

Post by Pitstop Billy »

Sidethrower wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:16 pm
fielddaddy wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:08 am Ironton went through this a few years ago and got the right coach to lead the program.
Yes, hire a new coach and recruit from other schools like crazy....Definitely a winning formula!!!!
I know a guy just south of Logan who is great at what you mentioned. Give him a call, I'm sure he'd listen. :mrgreen:

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

Are they considering a change in the middle of the season. WOW if so.

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

MarauderMadness wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:55 pm Are they considering a change in the middle of the season. WOW if so.
No way. This is merely a subject of meat for the wolves.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:59 pm There is a firm opinion in coaching circles to the north and west of Logan that it’s not an attractive job, and being a D2 independent doesn’t help matters.
Living up here I can confirm that this is absolutely true.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

svac83 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:22 pm I have no idea what kind of job coach Eddy is doing when he came to gallia academy. the program and the attitude about the school from within the school came first. the on field product actually declined a little at first then in about year 3 the tide began to return. He was fairly successful at getting kids that didnt play football to come out. but that took a couple of years to begin to take effect.
Eddy has not a had a full offseason as head coach to implement the stuff you're talking about. That may just be an excuse, but it' s also complete true that COVID has wrecked almost his entire tenure.

Would it have made a difference? I don't know. But all of that off-season "culture" building has not been able to take place.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Big_Spicy_MeatBall wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:15 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:59 pm There is a firm opinion in coaching circles to the north and west of Logan that it’s not an attractive job, and being a D2 independent doesn’t help matters.
Its because Logan Ohio is NOT an attractive place to be. It's a very toxic community. There are literally tons of stuff about it on tik tok etc.
Every community in Ohio is considered "toxic" on tik tok, etc. LOL.

I grew up in Logan.

I moved because I had opportunity to do a job that I can't do from Logan, OH. But Logan made me who I am.

I love Logan. I loved growing up in Logan. I would go back and raise a family in Logan because it is a great place to raise a family. Like most places - Logan is what you make of it. If you find Logan "toxic" - I would suggest that I knew plenty of "toxic" people but not a "toxic" community. Logan is only as toxic as YOU make it. So consider the source.

I live in Dublin now. I know plenty of "toxic" people here too. But it's a great community because we choose to make it one.

Growing up in Logan I could see with my own eyes that a life in Logan and an education in the Logan-Hocking School district could take you ANYWHERE. I can tell you about athletic, academic, and performing arts students who have become HIGHLY successful in their fields.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

MarauderMadness wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:55 pm Are they considering a change in the middle of the season. WOW if so.
No one is considering that. Clearly there are some disgruntled voices who feel empowered right now.

And that's fine. Criticism of the state of the program is fair.

The football program isn't in good shape. And I don't think anyone would argue that point.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

I’d echo what Locos said. I was born and raised in Logan . Great place to grow up in. After college and teaching and coaching for awhile, I realized I wanted more for my 4 kids and went to the business world where I competed successfully based on my Logan upbringing. I looked for a mirror image of Logan as a place to raise my family and found it.

I can’t remember a time I lived in Logan playing and coaching where we didn’t have good players. What is going on now makes little sense. But they are awful. I’m not sold on the coach and said so when they hired him. My evaluation means little, so they will have to decide what the future is.

Logan, despite having good success over a long period of time, is not looked at favorably by coaches. I knew that when I coached and had no desire to go back as the HC. Especially as an independent it will be tough to get someone top shelf to take the job.

Have gun, will travel
9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Big_Spicy_MeatBall wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:15 pm
Its because Logan Ohio is NOT an attractive place to be. It's a very toxic community. There are literally tons of stuff about it on tik tok etc.
:lol: .... I moved from the Cleveland area years ago to a place just outside of Logan......... Logan might not be perfect but it's miles better than them festering crime ridden poopholes in the city.........

Return to “Football”