Region 27 Playoffs

formerfcfan
SEOP

Re: Region 27 Playoffs

Post by formerfcfan »

SugarGroove wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:39 pm rsims has been on the Berne Union chain gang for 30+ years!! Seen the ups......and the downs of this program.
Respect.

Superman
JV Team

Post by Superman »

rsims wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:38 pm
ShooterMcgavin wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:10 pm
rsims wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:29 am

Keep thinking BU is no good..Trimble Fans don't remember they were in a battle last year with them at Half. Then BU gave up a kick return and next possession Fumble inside there own 10. Maybe Because our QB had a Broken Hand and couldn't handoff ball very well. I don't Know. The next possession we fumble inside the 20. Game over.. But until then closer game than fans can remember.. Then you guys call it a blow out.. The next week with NC you get beat by just about the same score and you call a tight game. :roll:
Trimble wanted to see how good they are but when the AD called last week to see if they wanted play and even offered to come to them Berne AD said no thanks
Don't want to show our hand to early. There still some football left.. we might run into trimble in the playoffs. At lease that what i like to see ;)
No you wouldn't

rsims
Waterboy

Post by rsims »

Mr. Hoff wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:16 pm Lots of other regions have already started these threads. Is it just so clear cut that NC is the best that no one has bothered to start this? Can anyone pull off the upsets or is it just paint in this region? I think the top 4-5 have to be NC, Shadyside, Trimble, Berne Union, and East Knox. Can anyone below those top 5 pull off an upset?
I think you have it.. Can anyone stop them? From what I'm hearing this is one of there better team. I know there coaching staff is Top Notch and make adjustments during the games with plenty of playoffs experience. Also have heard there RB is legit. Lets just hope one of these teams from the South can get it done.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

rsims wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:28 am
Mr. Hoff wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:16 pm Lots of other regions have already started these threads. Is it just so clear cut that NC is the best that no one has bothered to start this? Can anyone pull off the upsets or is it just paint in this region? I think the top 4-5 have to be NC, Shadyside, Trimble, Berne Union, and East Knox. Can anyone below those top 5 pull off an upset?
I think you have it.. Can anyone stop them? From what I'm hearing this is one of there better team. I know there coaching staff is Top Notch and make adjustments during the games with plenty of playoffs experience. Also have heard there RB is legit. Lets just hope one of these teams from the South can get it done.
They tackle really well, especially in the open space, and the 'D' flies to the ball. Saw them vs Ready and Johnstown. Both games were shutouts (they threw a pick-six on the first play of the game vs Ready.) Really good defensive unit with an offense that can get their points.

SugarGroove
Waterboy

Post by SugarGroove »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:38 am
They tackle really well, especially in the open space, and the 'D' flies to the ball. Saw them vs Ready and Johnstown. Both games were shutouts (they threw a pick-six on the first play of the game vs Ready.) Really good defensive unit with an offense that can get their points.
Trimble can beat them. Trimble can beat anybody. Best football team around. No reason to play the games. How much you wanna bet their quarterback can throw it over them mountains. If coach puts him in.....they'll take state. No doubt in my mind.

The Scotty A Show
Waterboy

Post by The Scotty A Show »

SugarGroove wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:20 am

Trimble can beat them. Trimble can beat anybody. Best football team around. No reason to play the games. How much you wanna bet their quarterback can throw it over them mountains. If coach puts him in.....they'll take state. No doubt in my mind.
Yes Trimble will beat the brakes off of NC. But before that I hope they get to work on their passing game against Burnt Onion. Them G-town boys will put a hurting on them bottle rockets. Uncle Phil will have some trick plays ready but he won't have to pull them out until they play the MAC so no need to prepare for that. If I were to give the teams in R27 any advice it would be to just use the Covid excuse and bow out of the game if you get paired with the 'Tomcats.

Trimble Tomcats 2023 TVC Ohio Champions
PowerLifitingNut
Riding the Bench

Post by PowerLifitingNut »

Superman wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:07 pm Berne Union is not really that good.

It will be interesting to see if Trimble can give NC a game. They were locked in a tight one last year but NC scored twice in the 4th to put Trimble away. The Tomcats returned everyone. Did NC lose anything to graduation or did they bring in any new recruits?
Keep thinking BU is no good..Trimble Fans don't remember they were in a battle last year with them at Half. Then BU gave up a kick return and next possession Fumble inside there own 10. Maybe Because our QB had a Broken Hand and couldn't handoff ball very well. I don't Know. The next possession we fumble inside the 20. Game over.. But until then closer game than fans can remember.. Then you guys call it a blow out.. The next week with NC you get beat by just about the same score and you call a tight game. :roll:
Trimble wanted to see how good they are but when the AD called last week to see if they wanted play and even offered to come to them Berne AD said no thanks
Yea, everyone is scared to play the wee cats. Except VC. VC really wanted to play them, but Phil said no. :mrgreen:

Arnie
Waterboy

Post by Arnie »

PowerLifitingNut wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:01 pm

Yea, everyone is scared to play the wee cats. Except VC. VC really wanted to play them, but Phil said no. :mrgreen:
I would love to see a Trimble v. Danville matchup in round 1. That might be a wakeup call for some of the key board warriors on here who think everyone is afraid of them. I guarantee you Danville isn't afraid of anyone in this region.

OvGuy
Freshman Team

Post by OvGuy »

I’ve seen most of the region play this year and it is NC in a runaway with I believe Shadyside at the 2 provided they can figure out their discipline issues. They should be healthy going into the later weeks of the playoffs which will be a big difference for the. As a River guy that pains me to say. But Depending on how it all shakes out I think those are the teams who meet in the final. I see everyone else a good step behind them.

As for River though the passing attack has been LETHAL at times. Another Isaly under center means anything can happen for them. Here’s hoping for another deep run!

Superman
JV Team

Post by Superman »

You're really upset about that boat race last year in the playoffs aren't you? Uncle Phil really hurt your feelings

Glousterite
Freshman Team

Post by Glousterite »

Superman wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:31 pm
You're really upset about that boat race last year in the playoffs aren't you? Uncle Phil really hurt your feelings
Don’t feed into these clowns. Lol. They can’t handle the fact that Trimble is one of the best small school programs in SEO.
I’m convinced most of these “keyboard warriors” they refer to are trolls that give most Tomcat fans a bad name. The ones that make excuses for games lost, ref blaming, etc.

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
Glousterite
Freshman Team

Post by Glousterite »

Arnie wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:05 pm
PowerLifitingNut wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:01 pm

I would love to see a Trimble v. Danville matchup in round 1. That might be a wakeup call for some of the key board warriors on here who think everyone is afraid of them. I guarantee you Danville isn't afraid of anyone in this region.
And I guarantee you there’s nobody in this region the Cats are scared of. That’s why they play the game, right? To find out who the better team is.

Arnie
Waterboy

Post by Arnie »

Glousterite wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:56 am

Don’t feed into these clowns. Lol. They can’t handle the fact that Trimble is one of the best small school programs in SEO.
I’m convinced most of these “keyboard warriors” they refer to are trolls that give most Tomcat fans a bad name. The ones that make excuses for games lost, ref blaming, etc.
Pretty much all of the Trimble posters are keyboard warriors LOL.

Glousterite
Freshman Team

Post by Glousterite »

Arnie wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:42 am
Obviously you ain’t met them in person then. Maybe my definition and your definition of “keyboard warrior” is different. A lot of the “Trimble” posters I see seem more like trolls trying to get a rise out of people. Good if I’m right, and shame on them if I ain’t. I’ve lived in Glouster my whole life and the ones posting with excuses, crying about calls, blaming refs and making excuses don’t sound like Glouster people to me. Can’t speak for everyone, but majority of us take an L on the chin and hope the boys improve week too week. That’s all we can ask for.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Yeah. In general Trimble folks are good people in-person, at the games and online. Good winners and good losers, when it happens.

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

Glousterite wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:27 pm
Arnie wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:42 am

Obviously you ain’t met them in person then. Maybe my definition and your definition of “keyboard warrior” is different. A lot of the “Trimble” posters I see seem more like trolls trying to get a rise out of people. Good if I’m right, and shame on them if I ain’t. I’ve lived in Glouster my whole life and the ones posting with excuses, crying about calls, blaming refs and making excuses don’t sound like Glouster people to me. Can’t speak for everyone, but majority of us take an L on the chin and hope the boys improve week too week. That’s all we can ask for.
Granted Trimble doesn't lose often, except for this year, but I have to disagree with your statement. I don't know about in person but many on here were making excuses last year when they lost to NC, and this year when they lost to JM. The FF game was a little different, because that was an outright asswhippen, so it would be silly to make an excuse. Also the excuses for canceling the VC game got old too when people pointed out they had at least 20 players who could have played. And I'm not buying that all those posters are trolls either. But I get it, it has to be tough to brag up the team game in and game out, year in and year out, and then get dealt a loss. As I said not being used to losing plays into it too I'm sure.

The Scotty A Show
Waterboy

Post by The Scotty A Show »

The Scotty A Show wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:52 am
Yes Trimble will beat the brakes off of NC. But before that I hope they get to work on their passing game against Burnt Onion. Them G-town boys will put a hurting on them bottle rockets. Uncle Phil will have some trick plays ready but he won't have to pull them out until they play the MAC so no need to prepare for that. If I were to give the teams in R27 any advice it would be to just use the Covid excuse and bow out of the game if you get paired with the 'Tomcats.
Yes, I said it. And I stand by my statement.

Scotty A, signing off...

Trimble Tomcats 2023 TVC Ohio Champions
TheBaller
Waterboy

Post by TheBaller »

I think River is a team you cant sleep on, seemed to have turned things around and have gained some players back from injury. They almost beat Shadyside in week 6. Possible cinderella team come November.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

TheBaller wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:09 am I think River is a team you cant sleep on, seemed to have turned things around and have gained some players back from injury. They almost beat Shadyside in week 6. Possible cinderella team come November.
They'll lap Caldwell and at least be an 8-seed.

Can they lap Frontier in the standings, even if they beat Frontier?

Buckeye2021
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye2021 »

formerfcfan wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:23 am
TheBaller wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:09 am I think River is a team you cant sleep on, seemed to have turned things around and have gained some players back from injury. They almost beat Shadyside in week 6. Possible cinderella team come November.
They'll lap Caldwell and at least be an 8-seed.

Can they lap Frontier in the standings, even if they beat Frontier?
I think frontier loses next 2 games

Return to “Football”