Region 27 Playoffs

Mr. Hoff
Riding the Bench

Region 27 Playoffs

Post by Mr. Hoff »

Lots of other regions have already started these threads. Is it just so clear cut that NC is the best that no one has bothered to start this? Can anyone pull off the upsets or is it just paint in this region? I think the top 4-5 have to be NC, Shadyside, Trimble, Berne Union, and East Knox. Can anyone below those top 5 pull off an upset?

Superman
JV Team

Re: Region 27 Playoffs

Post by Superman »

Berne Union is not really that good.

It will be interesting to see if Trimble can give NC a game. They were locked in a tight one last year but NC scored twice in the 4th to put Trimble away. The Tomcats returned everyone. Did NC lose anything to graduation or did they bring in any new recruits?

Glousterite
Freshman Team

Post by Glousterite »

Superman wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:07 pm Berne Union is not really that good.

It will be interesting to see if Trimble can give NC a game. They were locked in a tight one last year but NC scored twice in the 4th to put Trimble away. The Tomcats returned everyone. Did NC lose anything to graduation or did they bring in any new recruits?
Not sure if he is a new recruit or not, but heard this is the first year their running back has played football. Guess his main sport has been hockey. I made it to the NY vs NC game, and the kid is a beast. Very quick and agile, but if he has to, he’ll run you over too. I don’t think Berne stands a chance in my opinion. They play a pretty soft schedule. Best chances of any team giving NC a tough game would Shadyside, East Knox and MAYBE Danville. Kinda threw Danville in there as a sleeper because they did play Northmor pretty tough.

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
ShooterMcgavin
Freshman Team

Post by ShooterMcgavin »

Glousterite wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:38 am

Not sure if he is a new recruit or not, but heard this is the first year their running back has played football. Guess his main sport has been hockey. I made it to the NY vs NC game, and the kid is a beast. Very quick and agile, but if he has to, he’ll run you over too. I don’t think Berne stands a chance in my opinion. They play a pretty soft schedule. Best chances of any team giving NC a tough game would Shadyside, East Knox and MAYBE Danville. Kinda threw Danville in there as a sleeper because they did play Northmor pretty tough.
Shadyside lost there starting QB for the season a couple weeks ago. Could be a reason they didn’t want to play Trimble last week

I eat pieces of s;”: like you for breakfast
Glousterite
Freshman Team

Post by Glousterite »

ShooterMcgavin wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:22 am

Shadyside lost there starting QB for the season a couple weeks ago. Could be a reason they didn’t want to play Trimble last week
Ouch. Must’ve missed that. I didn’t hear about that one. Heard Berne didn’t want to play Trimble either? Kinda backs my “they play a weak schedule” philosophy. Not being tested in regular season is going to haunt them post season.

Pitstop Billy
Freshman Team

Post by Pitstop Billy »

Glousterite wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:45 am

Ouch. Must’ve missed that. I didn’t hear about that one. Heard Berne didn’t want to play Trimble either? Kinda backs my “they play a weak schedule” philosophy. Not being tested in regular season is going to haunt them post season.
Yea, it's prolly better to get your brakes beat off by a much better team than to play a weak schedule. Also prolly helps if you dodge a team on your schedule that you don't think you can beat by using the Covid excuse. I guess we'll see which strategy works better to prepare for the playoffs if those two meet up in the post season. :mrgreen:

SugarGroove
Waterboy

Post by SugarGroove »

Top Eight teams in Region 27 combined opponents records with cancelled games and records in ().

1. Shadyside 17-20 (1 game vs. 4-1)
2. Newark Cath 14-33 (no games canceled)
3. Berne Union 16-22 (no games canceled)
4. East Knox 27-20 (1 game vs. 1-5)
5. Trimble 21-15 (1 game vs 4-2. Replaced 2nd game 1-4 opponent with 0-5 opponent)
6. Waterford 18-18 (1 game vs. 0-5)
7. Frontier 14-15 (2 games vs 1-5 & 6-0)
8. River 28-18 (1 game vs. 1-3)

Lots of "weak" schedules. NC plays bigger schools. Trimble solid program. East Knox tough league. River playing "toughest" schedule vs. opponents records. BU's schedule was 9 from start of season. Lets ALL be reminded that BU, Shadyside, Ports ND & Piketon choose not to play last week.

Pitstop Billy
Freshman Team

Post by Pitstop Billy »

SugarGroove wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:24 am Top Eight teams in Region 27 combined opponents records with cancelled games and records in ().

5. Trimble 21-15 (1 game vs 4-2. Replaced 2nd game 1-4 opponent with 0-5 opponent)

Lots of "weak" schedules. NC plays bigger schools. Trimble solid program. East Knox tough league. River playing "toughest" schedule vs. opponents records. BU's schedule was 9 from start of season. Lets ALL be reminded that BU, Shadyside, Ports ND & Piketon choose not to play last week.
Yes, all good points. So, we'll find out if cancelling a game with a tough opponent and then later playing a team that beats the brakes off of you leads to success in the playoffs, or if playing out your whole schedule with beatable teams is a better plan.

SugarGroove
Waterboy

Post by SugarGroove »

Pitstop Billy wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:33 am
SugarGroove wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:24 am Top Eight teams in Region 27 combined opponents records with cancelled games and records in ().

Yes, all good points. So, we'll find out if cancelling a game with a tough opponent and then later playing a team that beats the brakes off of you leads to success in the playoffs, or if playing out your whole schedule with beatable teams is a better plan.
Who are you referring to?

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

He’s been at NC forever. And yes, he is a dawg. In baseball he’s their starting catcher — way faster than you would think.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

As far as this region goes, it is NC’s to lose. Trimble’s defense could possibly give NC issues scoring. But NC’s defense is top-to-bottom one of the best Region 27/the old Region 23 has seen ever.

Pitstop Billy
Freshman Team

Post by Pitstop Billy »

SugarGroove wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:09 am

Well, hasn't Berne played out their whole schedule? So, they would be the latter.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Pitstop Billy wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:58 pm

Well, hasn't Berne played out their whole schedule? So, they would be the latter.
He walked right into that one. :lol:

Pitstop Billy
Freshman Team

Post by Pitstop Billy »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:01 pm
Pitstop Billy wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:58 pm

He walked right into that one. :lol:
:mrgreen:

Buckeye2021
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye2021 »

I think all but frontier would give bu a rough way to go

SugarGroove
Waterboy

Post by SugarGroove »

Holy poop! You guys are ALL right. Just ran it thru Calpreps and Im gonna tell my son not to even bother going to practice. SEASONS OVER! We dont stand a chance. ALL those southern Ohio teams and their knowledgeable fans say that we cant compete.....ass whoopins being handed out. :shock:

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

SugarGroove wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:30 pm Holy poop! You guys are ALL right. Just ran it thru Calpreps and Im gonna tell my son not to even bother going to practice. SEASONS OVER! We dont stand a chance. ALL those southern Ohio teams and their knowledgeable fans say that we cant compete.....ass whoopins being handed out. :shock:
Cardinal hasn’t earned any respect since 2005. Tough to shake off.

Pitstop Billy
Freshman Team

Post by Pitstop Billy »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:39 pm
SugarGroove wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:30 pm Holy poop! You guys are ALL right. Just ran it thru Calpreps and Im gonna tell my son not to even bother going to practice. SEASONS OVER! We dont stand a chance. ALL those southern Ohio teams and their knowledgeable fans say that we cant compete.....ass whoopins being handed out. :shock:
Cardinal hasn’t earned any respect since 2005. Tough to shake off.
That used to be the TVC Hocking. It was known as the worst football conference in Ohio. It will be down again soon with the dominant teams graduating a lot and their runs coming to a close. It all cycles in those small school leagues.

Glousterite
Freshman Team

Post by Glousterite »

Pitstop Billy wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:04 am
Glousterite wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:45 am
Yea, it's prolly better to get your brakes beat off by a much better team than to play a weak schedule. Also prolly helps if you dodge a team on your schedule that you don't think you can beat by using the Covid excuse. I guess we'll see which strategy works better to prepare for the playoffs if those two meet up in the post season. :mrgreen:
My goodness dude. Get over yourself. VC is plays nobody. They ain’t even beat anybody with a winning record yet. Trimble didn’t “dodge” anybody. You think if they tried dodging anybody it would’ve been FF.

Glousterite
Freshman Team

Post by Glousterite »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:53 am

He’s been at NC forever. And yes, he is a dawg. In baseball he’s their starting catcher — way faster than you would think.
Agreed. Props to him. He’s a beast from what I seen. Solid running back.

Return to “Football”