Region 27 Playoffs

Pitstop Billy
Freshman Team

Re: Region 27 Playoffs

Post by Pitstop Billy »

Glousterite wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:00 am
Pitstop Billy wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:04 am
Glousterite wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:45 am

Ouch. Must’ve missed that. I didn’t hear about that one. Heard Berne didn’t want to play Trimble either? Kinda backs my “they play a weak schedule” philosophy. Not being tested in regular season is going to haunt them post season.
Yea, it's prolly better to get your brakes beat off by a much better team than to play a weak schedule. Also prolly helps if you dodge a team on your schedule that you don't think you can beat by using the Covid excuse. I guess we'll see which strategy works better to prepare for the playoffs if those two meet up in the post season. :mrgreen:
My goodness dude. Get over yourself. VC is plays nobody. They ain’t even beat anybody with a winning record yet. Trimble didn’t “dodge” anybody. You think if they tried dodging anybody it would’ve been FF.
Bud, I heard it from a person directly involved in the program who said they had at least 20 players who could have played against VC. That's plenty enough to have played the game. But many of the starters couldn't play, so they cancelled. Yes, if both teams are totally healthy they would have been the favorite, but didn't want to chance losing with back ups. Meanwhile, every other school in the county is playing all their games with whoever they have available. Just a different mind set I guess.

Glousterite
Freshman Team

Post by Glousterite »

Pitstop Billy wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:24 am
Pitstop Billy wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:04 am

Yea, it's prolly better to get your brakes beat off by a much better team than to play a weak schedule. Also prolly helps if you dodge a team on your schedule that you don't think you can beat by using the Covid excuse. I guess we'll see which strategy works better to prepare for the playoffs if those two meet up in the post season. :mrgreen:
My goodness dude. Get over yourself. VC is plays nobody. They ain’t even beat anybody with a winning record yet. Trimble didn’t “dodge” anybody. You think if they tried dodging anybody it would’ve been FF.
Bud, I heard it from a person directly involved in the program who said they had at least 20 players who could have played against VC. That's plenty enough to have played the game. But many of the starters couldn't play, so they cancelled. Yes, if both teams are totally healthy they would have been the favorite, but didn't want to chance losing with back ups. Meanwhile, every other school in the county is playing all their games with whoever they have available. Just a different mind set I guess.
Whatever makes you sleep better at night man.

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
Pitstop Billy
Freshman Team

Post by Pitstop Billy »

Glousterite wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:07 pm
Pitstop Billy wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:24 am

Whatever makes you sleep better at night man.
You finally conceding to the truth sure will help. So, thank you. :mrgreen:

Glousterite
Freshman Team

Post by Glousterite »

Maybe I stand corrected? Berne had an impressive win tonight. We will see if NC drops a game next week when they are tested. 1-5 seems set point wise.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Glousterite wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:23 am Maybe I stand corrected? Berne had an impressive win tonight. We will see if NC drops a game next week when they are tested. 1-5 seems set point wise.
WC would probably be a 6-10 range team in our region. Game was 14-7 BU with a score right before half. Punt return TD puts them up 20-7. I guess composure and penalties, which is the well-known problem for BU, was an issue again tonight (at least early on.)

Doubt NC loses to Heath.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Glousterite wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:23 am Maybe I stand corrected? Berne had an impressive win tonight. We will see if NC drops a game next week when they are tested. 1-5 seems set point wise.
Worthington Christian is awful

Glousterite
Freshman Team

Post by Glousterite »

Ff3233 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:38 am
Worthington Christian is awful
Still considered one of the “better” teams on Bernes schedule.

ttomcat 80
JV Team

Post by ttomcat 80 »

BU isn’t as good as there record.They play some pretty bad teams.WC is weak to.Put both together and there opponents don’t have a winning record.NC is the team to beat,then Shadyside and Trimble top 3 teams in that order.The seeding plays a big roll.

:roll: cats :roll:
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Are we gonna get Danville beating Berne in week 11?

Superman
JV Team

Post by Superman »

ttomcat 80 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:34 am BU isn’t as good as there record.They play some pretty bad teams.WC is weak to.Put both together and there opponents don’t have a winning record.NC is the team to beat,then Shadyside and Trimble top 3 teams in that order.The seeding plays a big roll.
I mostly agree. I would advise not sleeping on East Knox. Their only 2 losses are to undefeated D VI teams.

ttomcat 80
JV Team

Post by ttomcat 80 »

Superman wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:37 pm
ttomcat 80 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:34 am BU isn’t as good as there record.They play some pretty bad teams.WC is weak to.Put both together and there opponents don’t have a winning record.NC is the team to beat,then Shadyside and Trimble top 3 teams in that order.The seeding plays a big roll.
I mostly agree. I would advise not sleeping on East Knox. Their only 2 losses are to undefeated D VI teams.
I don’t know,maybe, but still not convinced yet with them it they beat Highland next week probably change my mind

:roll: cats :roll:
Glousterite
Freshman Team

Post by Glousterite »

Are the Cats going to pick up a week 10 game or prepare for post season play?

Glousterite
Freshman Team

Post by Glousterite »

formerfcfan wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:23 pm Are we gonna get Danville beating Berne in week 11?
I’d be on board with you in that assumption.

rsims
Waterboy

Post by rsims »

Superman wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:07 pm Berne Union is not really that good.

It will be interesting to see if Trimble can give NC a game. They were locked in a tight one last year but NC scored twice in the 4th to put Trimble away. The Tomcats returned everyone. Did NC lose anything to graduation or did they bring in any new recruits?
Keep thinking BU is no good..Trimble Fans don't remember they were in a battle last year with them at Half. Then BU gave up a kick return and next possession Fumble inside there own 10. Maybe Because our QB had a Broken Hand and couldn't handoff ball very well. I don't Know. The next possession we fumble inside the 20. Game over.. But until then closer game than fans can remember.. Then you guys call it a blow out.. The next week with NC you get beat by just about the same score and you call a tight game. :roll:

ShooterMcgavin
Freshman Team

Post by ShooterMcgavin »

rsims wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:29 am

It will be interesting to see if Trimble can give NC a game. They were locked in a tight one last year but NC scored twice in the 4th to put Trimble away. The Tomcats returned everyone. Did NC lose anything to graduation or did they bring in any new recruits?
Keep thinking BU is no good..Trimble Fans don't remember they were in a battle last year with them at Half. Then BU gave up a kick return and next possession Fumble inside there own 10. Maybe Because our QB had a Broken Hand and couldn't handoff ball very well. I don't Know. The next possession we fumble inside the 20. Game over.. But until then closer game than fans can remember.. Then you guys call it a blow out.. The next week with NC you get beat by just about the same score and you call a tight game. :roll:
Trimble wanted to see how good they are but when the AD called last week to see if they wanted play and even offered to come to them Berne AD said no thanks

I eat pieces of s;”: like you for breakfast
rsims
Waterboy

Post by rsims »

ShooterMcgavin wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:10 pm
rsims wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:29 am

Trimble wanted to see how good they are but when the AD called last week to see if they wanted play and even offered to come to them Berne AD said no thanks
Don't want to show our hand to early. There still some football left.. we might run into trimble in the playoffs. At lease that what i like to see ;)

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

rsims wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:38 pm

Don't want to show our hand to early. There still some football left.. we might run into trimble in the playoffs. At lease that what i like to see ;)
You aren’t by chance a holdover from the Huddle forums of the late 00’s and early 10’s, are ye? BU had some fun guys on there back in the day!

rsims
Waterboy

Post by rsims »

formerfcfan.. I tried to send you PM.. But yes I'm one of them

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

rsims wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:15 pm formerfcfan.. I tried to send you PM.. But yes I'm one of them
My man! There was a guy named BUKS42 that I was worried about after not having heard from for years.

SugarGroove
Waterboy

Post by SugarGroove »

rsims has been on the Berne Union chain gang for 30+ years!! Seen the ups......and the downs of this program.

Return to “Football”