Region 27 Playoffs

Personal Foul
Riding the Bench

Re: Region 27 Playoffs

Post by Personal Foul »

Paladine wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:45 am
Glousterite wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:47 am
Personal Foul wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:50 pm

Hah. Waterford may make it further in the playoffs but that would be because the way the seeding worked out. Don’t fool yourself Waterford wants nothing to do with Trimble. I actually caught that game in person and it was quite obvious the green team feared the red helmets of the kitties. Waterford’s only score was set up on a busted kickoff return. Didn’t sniff the endzone after that and they got smacked all night long and the real cats were rusty off 10 days of nothing.

I do think they can give shadyside a game and maybe pull the upset week 12. They can also play with Berne Union if Berne Union gets passed River week 12. The 3 teams Waterford couldn’t compete with are Nwark, east knocks, and the real Cats and luckily for them they’re all on the other side of the bracket. Christmas came early for the lil cats of the tvc
Haven’t seen a more true post yet. When you can’t win the TVC Hocking and end up on the right side of the bracket, luck definitely played in your favor. The real Cats have a tough road. I think we can beat FC, but when and if we see East Knox, that’ll be a tall task.
Yeah, they "got lucky." That's how teams win according to those in SEO.
It doesn’t take a smart person to see waterford on the same side of the bracket as 2) Berne Union who got routed by Trimble last year and has played nobody this year, and 3) Shadyside missing starting QB and RB who won by 1 point to the 10 seed, is a lucky draw. Whether they capitalize Or not that is up to them. I would rather my route be Shadyside/Berne Union then East Knox/ Nwark cathlic. If Waterford can score 20 on Shadyside they can win

NotFunnyAtAll
Waterboy

Post by NotFunnyAtAll »

Personal Foul wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:50 pm

Hah. Waterford may make it further in the playoffs but that would be because the way the seeding worked out. Don’t fool yourself Waterford wants nothing to do with Trimble. I actually caught that game in person and it was quite obvious the green team feared the red helmets of the kitties. Waterford’s only score was set up on a busted kickoff return. Didn’t sniff the endzone after that and they got smacked all night long and the real cats were rusty off 10 days of nothing.

I do think they can give shadyside a game and maybe pull the upset week 12. They can also play with Berne Union if Berne Union gets passed River week 12. The 3 teams Waterford couldn’t compete with are Nwark, east knocks, and the real Cats and luckily for them they’re all on the other side of the bracket. Christmas came early for the lil cats of the tvc
Haven’t seen a more true post yet. When you can’t win the TVC Hocking and end up on the right side of the bracket, luck definitely played in your favor. The real Cats have a tough road. I think we can beat FC, but when and if we see East Knox, that’ll be a tall task.
We’ll we will play NC when they beat Trimble and we beat all the teams in from of us. Be ready for waterford playoff football.

Paladine
Waterboy

Post by Paladine »

NotFunnyAtAll wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:07 pm

We’ll we will play NC when they beat Trimble and we beat all the teams in from of us. Be ready for waterford playoff football.
At least you give your team a chance. Others in your league have already written themselves off based on who they have to play. I'd rather go in thinking we can win than saying we have no chance but "boy that other team sure got lucky."

Muffler
Riding the Bench

Post by Muffler »

Paladine wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:25 pm

At least you give your team a chance. Others in your league have already written themselves off based on who they have to play. I'd rather go in thinking we can win than saying we have no chance but "boy that other team sure got lucky."
Trimble fans really be acting like they have never been lucky with their seeding….

Paladine
Waterboy

Post by Paladine »

Muffler wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:39 pm
Paladine wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:25 pm
Trimble fans really be acting like they have never been lucky with their seeding….
I think they are more envious than anything else, and they have already resigned themselves to the fact they can't beat NC and probably East Knox too truth be known. They wanted the "easy route" to get to a regional final instead of earning it by beating good teams I guess. That attitude seems rampant in SEO.

Roy Mcavoy
Freshman Team

Post by Roy Mcavoy »

A bunch of Trimble haters on this thread. I guess when you have have won 3 regional championships in 8 years you'll have that

Greatest 12 in US Open History
Glousterite
Freshman Team

Post by Glousterite »

Roy Mcavoy wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:45 pm A bunch of Trimble haters on this thread. I guess when you have have won 3 regional championships in 8 years you'll have that
Facts. They are just mad that haven’t been there. We all know who the real Cats are.

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
Mr. Hoff
Riding the Bench

Post by Mr. Hoff »

Chalk in round 1. Round 2 should have some interesting games.
1. Newark Catholic vs 8. Caldwell
4. East Knox vs 5. Trimble
3. Shadyside vs 6. Waterford
2. Berne Union vs 7. River

rsims
Waterboy

Post by rsims »

I'm Surprised we are not hearing from the world beaters yet

Superman
JV Team

Post by Superman »

After seeing what NY did to Centerburg, it lowers my opinion of Northmor which makes think that maybe East Knox isn't that good. I know the transitive property doesn't apply in High School football but the results mean something.

Tow Head
Freshman Team

Post by Tow Head »

Mr. Hoff wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:34 pm Chalk in round 1. Round 2 should have some interesting games.
1. Newark Catholic vs 8. Caldwell
4. East Knox vs 5. Trimble
3. Shadyside vs 6. Waterford
2. Berne Union vs 7. River
Not really. The one good game will be Slim Shady v. H2-0'ferd.

1. NC beats the brakes off of 8.Caldwell
5. The Cats hang one by 2 to 3 scores on 4. EK
3. Shady loses a close one to 6. H2-0
7. River by 3 to 4 scores over 2. Burnt Onion

MACMan
Waterboy

Post by MACMan »

Ohsaa finally got smart and made it so whoever wins this region gets to face the MAC in the semis instead of dodging them until the finals. Good call Ohsaa.

TheBaller
Waterboy

Post by TheBaller »

Who is the front runner in this region now? With just Shadyside, River, East Knox, and Newark Catholic? Should be an interesting week of games in this region.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

TheBaller wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:39 am Who is the front runner in this region now? With just Shadyside, River, East Knox, and Newark Catholic? Should be an interesting week of games in this region.
Either East Knox or Newark Catholic will win the region and get the privilege of getting killed by ML or LCC in the title game

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

MACMan wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:35 pm Ohsaa finally got smart and made it so whoever wins this region gets to face the MAC in the semis instead of dodging them until the finals. Good call Ohsaa.
State semi’s should be Marion Local vs Lima Central Catholic and Newark Catholic vs JFK

Greenwave38
Waterboy

Post by Greenwave38 »

MACMan wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:35 pm Ohsaa finally got smart and made it so whoever wins this region gets to face the MAC in the semis instead of dodging them until the finals. Good call Ohsaa.
No they didn’t the final 4 is not set yet. They decide it after the regional finals .

MACMan
Waterboy

Post by MACMan »

Greenwave38 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:17 pm
No they didn’t the final 4 is not set yet. They decide it after the regional finals .
You might want to alert the OHSAA about this then. Because they have the state semi games listed as the G59 winner which is the region 27 championship playing the the G60 winner which is region 28. So, whoever wins 27 is going to play ML in the semis in all likelihood.

Tigerfan
Riding the Bench

Post by Tigerfan »

MACMan wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:19 am
Greenwave38 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:17 pm
You might want to alert the OHSAA about this then. Because they have the state semi games listed as the G59 winner which is the region 27 championship playing the the G60 winner which is region 28. So, whoever wins 27 is going to play ML in the semis in all likelihood.
It is like that every year. Rebracketing happens every year to avoid travel expenses.

Paladine
Waterboy

Post by Paladine »

As long as teams north of I-70 are in this region it will be tough for the SEO teams to win it. Every now and then they may get one but it's just not an even playing field. Also, NC expects to win it and more every year so it's ho hum to them which is different than the teams that make excuses about "bracket draws, recruiting, bad calls," and other teams "getting lucky."

greyghost
Waterboy

Post by greyghost »

I thought I read on here last year and earlier this year how Trimble had "the whole team back" from last year and that they couldn't wait to match up with NC again. Probably good for them that they didn't get that match up and they must have lost more good players than they gave credit to from last years team. Probably a couple of dads of this years players who were making those claims would be my guess.

Return to “Football”