Best Jr. High Teams

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Best Jr. High Teams

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Not much chatter about Jr High teams on the Jr High thread so thought I'd start one here. What does everyone think? Best teams, records, players?

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Re: Best Jr. High Teams

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

I think Piketon has a good team. Not sure of their record.
ZT has a good one as well.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Northwest 8th grade is good. They have really good skilled kids and the o-line is big and athletic for their size and age. They have a 7th grader that plays up on the 8th grade. He is 6'2 280 and very athletic there's only a couple kids on the team faster than him. Really impressive how athletic he is for his size and age. The kid has truly been blessed and has a bright future.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

I think Ironton 7th is crushing everyone

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burg 8th. Lost to Johnson central by a two point conversion and heard they were big. The QB for burg is really good

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Warren’s 8th grade team is supposedly pretty good. Have a kid named Tanner Pepper who could be a very good player.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Woby: talked to one of the refs from the Burg/Johnson Central game and he said it was as high of a level of a junior high game he’s ever officiated with both teams loaded with talent and big plays being made back and forth. Also, the Burg qb has a chance to be special if he keeps developing like he should.

Big blue: does the big boy play basketball too? Cause I saw a kid for NW few years back in peewee that just moved different (in a good way) for a kid his size.*

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Wheelersburg has a really good 8th grade group of skilled players. They have a good quarterback and some skilled receivers to go with him. Not really a lot of linemen. It’s really a down year for 8th grade football compared to the last few years so it’s kinda hard to tell how good they are but for this level they can certainly score some points. Substantial drop off to everyone else after that

7th grade Ironton has a nice quarterback and a good team around him. West has a really good group also. West and Wheelersburg has a close game with West winning

It’s just difficult to tell 7th because numbers are down across middle school so you have players playing up or just not fielding a 7th grade team at all.

As with a lot in middle school age and early maturity is a huge part of it. Looking back over the last few years several of the so called dominant players are average now or do not play at all. Some of the best players were average in middle school.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

art_vandelay wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:03 am Woby: talked to one of the refs from the Burg/Johnson Central game and he said it was as high of a level of a junior high game he’s ever officiated with both teams loaded with talent and big plays being made back and forth. Also, the Burg qb has a chance to be special if he keeps developing like he should.

Big blue: does the big boy play basketball too? Cause I saw a kid for NW few years back in peewee that just moved different (in a good way) for a kid his size.*
Yes he does play basketball, baseball and does track.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BigBlueNation wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:30 pm Northwest 8th grade is good. They have really good skilled kids and the o-line is big and athletic for their size and age. They have a 7th grader that plays up on the 8th grade. He is 6'2 280 and very athletic there's only a couple kids on the team faster than him. Really impressive how athletic he is for his size and age. The kid has truly been blessed and has a bright future.
The Northwest 8th grade is currently undefeated after beating Waverly this past Wednesday night, they're very talented across the board with a lot of size. With Northwest moving up that is really a group I'm sure they'll need it in their move back to SOCII play in the future. Burg has one of the best 8th grade groups in the area, hands down that is a special group they have coming up. Minford has a couple nice athletes in that 8th grade group but that's about it, up front not much to talk about. I believe Ironton might have one of the better 7th grade teams in the area, Jackson's 8th grade team is loaded with A LOT of big guys but they're lacking in the skilled player department. Lucasville Valley has a nice group of kids coming up believe I heard 22-7th graders on their team which is almost as many as the HS total. Waverly has a couple really nice athletes in that 8th grade group but outside of that pretty hit or miss, but they have a good 7th grade group but a lot of them are having to play up do to the low numbers in the 8th grade level. I actually heard last night that Huntington Huntsmen junior high team was currently undefeated as well, which just kind of floored me honestly. Both Oak Hill and Beaver Eastern are extremely down at the junior high level, while the Notre Dame Titans have a really nice junior high team this year couple real athletes in that group.

How many local teams had games canceled and looking to play at the end?? Heard Waverly had 2 games canceled during the season and looking for a couple at the end, Green and East each had 3 canceled as well and have scheduled or are looking.
Last edited by greygoose on Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

wobycat wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:03 pm Burg 8th. Lost to Johnson central by a two point conversion and heard they were big. The QB for burg is really good
Based on what I have seen, the Burg 8th grade quarterback has a chance to play very early in his varsity career. He is way more advanced (at this stage) than some of the better quarterbacks to come up in the last 15-20 years. That said, the best I have seen at the junior level level never panned out in high school, so things could change.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Crab's Brother wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:08 am
wobycat wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:03 pm Burg 8th. Lost to Johnson central by a two point conversion and heard they were big. The QB for burg is really good
Based on what I have seen, the Burg 8th grade quarterback has a chance to play very early in his varsity career. He is way more advanced (at this stage) than some of the better quarterbacks to come up in the last 15-20 years. That said, the best I have seen at the junior level level never panned out in high school, so things could change.
I haven’t watched him yet but heard he was really good. Just going on what I’ve heard. His dad was pretty good in high school from my understanding.

bigblue52
Freshman Team

Post by bigblue52 »

beg003 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:48 pm Warren’s 8th grade team is supposedly pretty good. Have a kid named Tanner Pepper who could be a very good player.
Little birdie told me the same thing beg. Excited to see what the future holds for these next few classes coming through.

Hound
Waterboy

Post by Hound »

Manchester is undefeated looking for a game

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Northwest has had some really good jr high teams but that is usually because they are bigger than most teams but it rarely transfers over to high school but things seam to be headed in the right direction for them im interested in seeing how things go for valley headed forward since enrollment is so down but it’s encouraging that they have a large 7th grade group

redblue85
Freshman Team

Post by redblue85 »

bigblue52 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:01 am
beg003 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:48 pm Warren’s 8th grade team is supposedly pretty good. Have a kid named Tanner Pepper who could be a very good player.
Little birdie told me the same thing beg. Excited to see what the future holds for these next few classes coming through.
Interesting…seen on facebook someone shared that mariettas 8th grade beat warrens by 40

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

Hound wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:05 pm Manchester is undefeated looking for a game
Waverly is looking for a game for next week.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Northwest 8th and Burg 8th play tomorrow night. Have to go watch this one.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BigBlueNation wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:50 pm Northwest 8th and Burg 8th play tomorrow night. Have to go watch this one.
Where's this one at and what time

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Northwest at 5 or 6 not sure of exact time. I will try to find out.

Return to “Football”