Best Jr. High Teams

Muskie740
Waterboy

Re: Best Jr. High Teams

Post by Muskie740 »

Shenandoah is good and their QB maybe the best player I saw at Jr high this year. Marietta had great offensive and defensive lines. Warren had a good QB and some good pieces. Overall, from the teams I saw ( Noble and Washington counties in Ohio and Wood in WV.) 1) Shenandoah 2) Fort Frye 3) Marietta 4) Blennerhassett Middle School 5) Warren. Marietta did beat Fort Frye at Fort Frye so I could accept an argument of switching the two. But fort Frye had double digit bad snaps in that game and made a change at center after that and there wasn't a bad snap with the first unit the rest of the year

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

greygoose wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:17 pm
BigBlueNation wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:50 pm Northwest 8th and Burg 8th play tomorrow night. Have to go watch this one.
Where's this one at and what time
7th grade starts starts at 6:00 8th to follow.

Manwithplan
All State

Post by Manwithplan »

Just like the high school team, South Points middle school team is a train wreck.

1993jumper
Waterboy

Post by 1993jumper »

Jackson 8th grade is pretty good despite losing 2 games to Ironton and Burg, they have some pretty big linemen. They also have big backs and recievers.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

1993jumper wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:47 am Jackson 8th grade is pretty good despite losing 2 games to Ironton and Burg, they have some pretty big linemen. They also have big backs and recievers.
Seen the Jackson team play, that team is HUGE up front and by the time they hit HS Jackson might average 300lbs across the line. Backs weren't bad but they were lacking at the QB and WR positions. Burg put a pretty good beating on them but they were able to move the ball and Ironton game they had 4/5 turnovers.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BigBlueNation wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:20 am
greygoose wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:17 pm
BigBlueNation wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:50 pm Northwest 8th and Burg 8th play tomorrow night. Have to go watch this one.
Where's this one at and what time
7th grade starts starts at 6:00 8th to follow.
Thank ya, probably take this one in. I know they're in KY but honestly best Junior High team I've seen in this area, Raceland. Talent across the board, size and speed well coached, beat Minford 52-6 I believe was the final. Heard in a scrimmage with Burg they went back and forth score for score.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Burgs 8th is definitely legit. Very impressive on offense #12 is the real deal.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BigBlueNation wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:06 pm Burgs 8th is definitely legit. Very impressive on offense #12 is the real deal.
What was the final? I left at 21-6 at half youngest was getting cold. Northwest no answer for the burg offense guys running open, to much speed across the board.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

greygoose wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:44 pm
BigBlueNation wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:06 pm Burgs 8th is definitely legit. Very impressive on offense #12 is the real deal.
What was the final? I left at 21-6 at half youngest was getting cold. Northwest no answer for the burg offense guys running open, to much speed across the board.
34-14.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Muskie740 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:54 pm Shenandoah is good and their QB maybe the best player I saw at Jr high this year. Marietta had great offensive and defensive lines. Warren had a good QB and some good pieces. Overall, from the teams I saw ( Noble and Washington counties in Ohio and Wood in WV.) 1) Shenandoah 2) Fort Frye 3) Marietta 4) Blennerhassett Middle School 5) Warren. Marietta did beat Fort Frye at Fort Frye so I could accept an argument of switching the two. But fort Frye had double digit bad snaps in that game and made a change at center after that and there wasn't a bad snap with the first unit the rest of the year
Is there 2 Marietta Teams? I know they beat one Marietta team and lost a scrimmage.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Went and watched and Wheelersburg is the real deal. They have 3-4 kids that will contribute VERY early. #2 and #12 are next up in a long line of Burg great ones.

Northwest has some pieces. As has been said on other threads (and maybe this one) the Mohawks are running a much different offense than the high school team. Makes zero sense. But whatever makes you happy I guess.

One last thing I will say about last night......30+ years of going to games. Junior High, High School, college, NFL games....literally hundreds of games all over the place. All those games and last night was the most embarrassing PA I have ever heard. I get it...You want to entertain. You want to make the kids feel big time. Some of the antics were just an embarrassment. The two worst were calling out a penalty before the ref threw the flag and then saying "if the Pirates didn't like 2nd and 10, they are really gonna hate 2nd and 15". So cheesy and awful. It did get quiet once it was 28-6, but goodness, just announce the game and stop talking to the fans. End rant.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Crab's Brother wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:51 am Went and watched and Wheelersburg is the real deal. They have 3-4 kids that will contribute VERY early. #2 and #12 are next up in a long line of Burg great ones.

Northwest has some pieces. As has been said on other threads (and maybe this one) the Mohawks are running a much different offense than the high school team. Makes zero sense. But whatever makes you happy I guess.

One last thing I will say about last night......30+ years of going to games. Junior High, High School, college, NFL games....literally hundreds of games all over the place. All those games and last night was the most embarrassing PA I have ever heard. I get it...You want to entertain. You want to make the kids feel big time. Some of the antics were just an embarrassment. The two worst were calling out a penalty before the ref threw the flag and then saying "if the Pirates didn't like 2nd and 10, they are really gonna hate 2nd and 15". So cheesy and awful. It did get quiet once it was 28-6, but goodness, just announce the game and stop talking to the fans. End rant.
Yeah I went too. First time seeing burgs Junior high. Northwest was huge and had some nice players. Burgs QB just takes them to another level. As a Junior high kid making next level throws, hard for any Junior high team to beat that.

The PA annoying announcer did compliments both teams but like crab said, very cheesy in spots

Taylormade
Freshman Team

Post by Taylormade »

Where is the Burg Qb from/live asking for a friend lol

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

wobycat wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:59 am
Crab's Brother wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:51 am Went and watched and Wheelersburg is the real deal. They have 3-4 kids that will contribute VERY early. #2 and #12 are next up in a long line of Burg great ones.

Yeah I went too. First time seeing burgs Junior high. Northwest was huge and had some nice players. Burgs QB just takes them to another level. As a Junior high kid making next level throws, hard for any Junior high team to beat that.

The PA annoying announcer did compliments both teams but like crab said, very cheesy in spots
It was very annoying. I know there was several complaints about it.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Totally agree really can't stand listening to the guy, worst part I heard was during the 7th grade game the guy was doing it very low but was booing the officials, over the PA, on a holding call and was encouraging the fans to as well. I seen a game they won at and he was very rude and obnoxious, so he's doing it every game and Northwest is allowing it.
Last edited by greygoose on Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Taylormade wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:04 am Where is the Burg Qb from/live asking for a friend lol
Dad works at school. Get your pocket book out. Lol

Taylormade
Freshman Team

Post by Taylormade »

Doesnt answer the question lol

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Taylormade wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:12 am Doesnt answer the question lol
Grow up.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Taylormade wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:12 am Doesnt answer the question lol
Lol. I figured you were being tongue and cheek.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

BigBlueNation wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:08 am
wobycat wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:59 am

It was very annoying. I know there was several complaints about it.
As there should be. He is a joke.

Return to “Football”