Wk 9: Vinton County (5-2) @ Nelsonville-York (5-3)

NY BUCK
All State

Wk 9: Vinton County (5-2) @ Nelsonville-York (5-3)

Post by NY BUCK »

Going to be a big one at Boston Field. This series has been exciting to watch the past few years. Expect this one to be no different.

Glousterite
Freshman Team

Re: Wk 9: Vinton County (5-2) @ Nelsonville-York (5-3)

Post by Glousterite »

Making the trip over the hill for this showdown! Good luck NY! I said from the beginning of the season, NY will take the Ohio.
NY - 28
VC - 22

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
GRFan
Varsity

Post by GRFan »

This is the most important game in the TVC Ohio so far this year.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Championship Friday!!

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

NY lost their starting RB last night. Hopefully the young man is ok and we can get him back soon but it did not look good.

ttomcat 80
JV Team

Post by ttomcat 80 »

Good luck NY from over the hill.Keep both trophies 🏆 this side of 33.

:roll: cats :roll:
Omaha
Riding the Bench

Post by Omaha »

NY BUCK wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:22 am NY lost their starting RB last night. Hopefully the young man is ok and we can get him back soon but it did not look good.
I was told by someone on the coaching staff that it was just a stinger. Same as before so I'm sure he will be fine. He's a Stalder, he won't let something like that stop him from playing.

"Do what you do, and do it well"
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Omaha wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:07 am
NY BUCK wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:22 am NY lost their starting RB last night. Hopefully the young man is ok and we can get him back soon but it did not look good.
I was told by someone on the coaching staff that it was just a stinger. Same as before so I'm sure he will be fine. He's a Stalder, he won't let something like that stop him from playing.
That is good to hear. We couldn’t really tell from the stands. Was hoping it looked worse then it was.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Vikings win.

GRFan
Varsity

Post by GRFan »

I definitely wouldn't underestimate NY, but from Wellston's perspective, it would give the Rockets a chance at sharing the title if VC wins and IF Wellston beats Meigs. It's a long shot but it is nice to be in the conversation after some said Wellston wouldn't win a game.

Omaha
Riding the Bench

Post by Omaha »

NY played Trimble tough. They had a chance to win it but came up short. They lost 2 linebackers and a D-end in that game.
Newark Catholic put 38 on a defense that was banged up. I'm not sure NY could have beat them healthy but it would have been a much closer game.
Week 3, NY had 9 kids quarantined and starters injured. They lost 14-6 playing several JV kids (who stepped in and did a solid job). If NY had been healthy and especially if they didn't have so many starters in quarantine they would have beat LU buy 3 to 4 touchdowns.
Since week 3 the Buckeyes have slowly gotten healthy. Now we can honestly say the schedule has come back to them a bit as well.
Meigs was a tough one. Not because Meigs played well but because NY fumbled 4 times. They had 3 possessions in the first half. Scored once and fumbled twice.
Ball security has gotten a lot better since Meigs.

The Buckeye defense is solid. VC will not be able to run all over NY like they have done to some other schools. Having number 4 back to play corner is huge for the Buckeyes as well. They are playing a freshman at Safety who continues to get better every week on both sides of the ball. Number 7 has done a great job at corner this season as well.

The Buckeye offense is built around the run game this year. The Buckeyes are running the ball, grinding the clock, and letting there defense do its thing.

I foresee a close game Friday night. Most likely a 21-14 type of game.

I say the Buckeye D-line comes up big Friday night and the Buckeyes come out on top.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

I look at this game snd I think of a backroad brawl between a couple ol boys wit chews in……gonna be physical….that said…who does that better comes out on top

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Nelsonville-York is 43-10 all time vs. Vinton County. Vinton County’s wins came in these years (with VC’s record in parentheses):

1969 (4-6)
1983 (5-5)
1986 (6-4)
1990 (8-2)
1991 (10-0)
1995 (6-4)
1996 (7-3)
1999 (6-4)
2015 (3-7)
2018 (4-6)

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

VC down 14 points before they get off the bus. It has to be one of the worst places to play in SEO. That being said Vikes still can win. VC will have success running the ball but have to run right at NY iso doubles quick hitters. Take it right to em early and often. 🇺🇸

Omaha
Riding the Bench

Post by Omaha »

allamericanironman wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:48 pm VC down 14 points before they get off the bus. It has to be one of the worst places to play in SEO. That being said Vikes still can win. VC will have success running the ball but have to run right at NY iso doubles quick hitters. Take it right to em early and often. 🇺🇸
I mean, NY uses the same league Assigner y'all do

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Omaha wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:27 pm
allamericanironman wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:48 pm VC down 14 points before they get off the bus. It has to be one of the worst places to play in SEO. That being said Vikes still can win. VC will have success running the ball but have to run right at NY iso doubles quick hitters. Take it right to em early and often. 🇺🇸
He’s probably referring to a couple years back when VC got screwed at NY by a crew that had a member who was a donor to the school. They also told Coach Bethel to p*** off when he asked for their cards before the game. This is year two of a league wide assigner so I doubt VC gets cheated out at NY this year.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Dundas wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:20 pm
Omaha wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:27 pm
He’s probably referring to a couple years back when VC got screwed at NY by a crew that had a member who was a donor to the school. They also told Coach Bethel to p*** off when he asked for their cards before the game. This is year two of a league wide assigner so I doubt VC gets cheated out at NY this year.
Truth

coachK
JV Team

Post by coachK »

No where is as bad as playing at wellston.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

You know you can pay off refs at away games almost as easy? People never expect it.

The Scotty A Show
Waterboy

Post by The Scotty A Show »

No, you'll be down 14 because Rusty will shock and score two quick ones on you early. Unless you can recover quickly he'll beat the brakes off ya. Anyway NY rolls to yet another TVC championship in this one.

This is Scotty A signing off...

Trimble Tomcats 2023 TVC Ohio Champions

Return to “Football”