Varsity

Re: Week 9…Jackson @ Miami Trace

Post by Ironmen34 »

I see this being a close game with Jackson pulling away in the 4th

3rd String
Freshman Team

Post by 3rd String »

After looking at the schedule each team has played and the common opponents I think Jackson wins 63 - 35. Miami Trace Is getting better is having a good season. I just don't see this being the year. But when playing for a chance at a league championship you never know what can happen.

Jimbob2023
Riding the Bench

Post by Jimbob2023 »

3rd String wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:02 pm After looking at the schedule each team has played and the common opponents I think Jackson wins 63 - 35. Miami Trace Is getting better is having a good season. I just don't see this being the year. But when playing for a chance at a league championship you never know what can happen.
No way MT scores 35. Jackson could penalize themselves, throw interceptions, and fumble all evening. No problem.
42-14

WHS2000grad
Riding the Bench

Post by WHS2000grad »

GO PANTHERS!!!
Waverly needs all the Level 2 points we can get. Looking for a big upset at home.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Jimbob2023 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:11 pm
3rd String wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:02 pm After looking at the schedule each team has played and the common opponents I think Jackson wins 63 - 35. Miami Trace Is getting better is having a good season. I just don't see this being the year. But when playing for a chance at a league championship you never know what can happen.
No way MT scores 35. Jackson could penalize themselves, throw interceptions, and fumble all evening. No problem.
42-14
Man you never know. We’ve lost a couple head scratchers in the FAC.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:08 pm
42-14
Man you never know. We’ve lost a couple head scratchers in the FAC.
Very true. There's been a couple times in recent years you think the ironmen have a walk over and then get stunned. I for one hope, and think they win this week. I think this will be a grind-it-out kinda game with Jtown winning but perhaps just a tad harder than it shows in the box score.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

42-14
Is there anything Team Jackson could do this week that would impress you? Serious question

Jimbob2023
Riding the Bench

Post by Jimbob2023 »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:29 pm
42-14
Is there anything Team Jackson could do this week that would impress you? Serious question
Absolutely. Just win baby! But let’s not pretend MT is going to score 35 points. Would you be willing to put your money on them scoring that many against this D? Serious question…
What in heavens sake does them not scoring 35 have to do with impressing anyone? Do you want them to score that many? I sure don’t.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jimbob2023 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:35 pm

42-14
Absolutely. Just win baby! But let’s not pretend MT is going to score 35 points. Would you be willing to put your money on them scoring that many against this D? Serious question…
What in heavens sake does them not scoring 35 have to do with impressing anyone? Do you want them to score that many? I sure don’t.
Less about the 35 and more about why each week since the tough stretch ended that you make posts that set up Jackson kids for a no win situation. You are saying we can play bad and win at MT 42-14….so if we play good we are what? 40-45 point favorites? Each week has been similar. Yes we should win these FAC games and don’t have to play great to win but that mindset can’t be had or they’ll flirt with the heartbreak they’ve had in this league a few times in the past recent years.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:06 pm

Less about the 35 and more about why each week since the tough stretch ended that you make posts that set up Jackson kids for a no win situation. You are saying we can play bad and win at MT 42-14….so if we play good we are what? 40-45 point favorites? Each week has been similar. Yes we should win these FAC games and don’t have to play great to win but that mindset can’t be had or they’ll flirt with the heartbreak they’ve had in this league a few times in the past recent years.
We need to avoid another game like Hillsboro in 2018 and Chillicothe in 2020.

Jackson is 20-3 in the FAC and a couple of those losses they stubbed their toe. Can’t take any league game for granted . MT has some real nice skilled players .

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:56 pm

Jackson is 20-3 in the FAC and a couple of those losses they stubbed their toe. Can’t take any league game for granted . MT has some real nice skilled players .
That 2018 team was loaded, crazy they lost that game.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:00 pm

2017 - Chillicothe was the favorite coming in , Jackson took a 14-0 lead and lost best offensive weapon to an injury and it slipped away. Maughmer was legit .

2018- Hillsboro was 9-1 and a huge line and huge back . Jackson was driving on the ground in OT and for some reason passed the ball into triple coverage for the easiest pick ever. Lost on a pass play.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:03 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:00 pm

2017 - Chillicothe was the favorite coming in , Jackson took a 14-0 lead and lost best offensive weapon to an injury and it slipped away. Maughmer was legit .

2018- Hillsboro was 9-1 and a huge line and huge back . Jackson was driving on the ground in OT and for some reason passed the ball into triple coverage for the easiest pick ever. Lost on a pass play.
Yeah….losing McCoy sucked the life out of Alumni Stadium and gave Chillicothe hope and belief.

That Hillsboro loss sucked.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Is the LeaBough ( I know that’s misspelled ) kid still there ??

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

countywide35 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:37 pm

Jayden LeBeau….he’s a good one. I think 2 other LeBeau’s on the team but younger. Kid is a gamer. Hopefully he meets Mr Mastin a handful of times

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:44 pm

Jayden LeBeau….he’s a good one. I think 2 other LeBeau’s on the team but younger. Kid is a gamer. Hopefully he meets Mr Mastin a handful of times
Heck of a RB, probably one of the better and more entertaining backs I've seen this year. Game I seen him in kid gave everything he had on each carry it was early in the season so he was wearing out early but he made it interesting with every carry.

TrueFan
JV Team

Post by TrueFan »

I think Jackson wins this game, the difference in the margin of victory will depend on the turnovers and rather J. LeBeau can stay healthy and stay in the game. Unfortunately for Trace, both of those things have been huge problems this year.

Another thing, Trace struggles with pass defense (seems like this has been a problem for years)....and the way Winters throws the ball, it will likely be another long night for the Panther DB's. Trace gives up a lot of big plays and a lot of points because of it.

I think Melvin (QB) and LeBeau will be able to lead Trace on some scoring drives, but with turnovers and big plays, I just don't see them being able to match Jackson enough drive for drive, which leads to Jackson increasing their lead, which then takes MT away from their gameplan.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

TrueFan wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:23 am I think Jackson wins this game, the difference in the margin of victory will depend on the turnovers and rather J. LeBeau can stay healthy and stay in the game. Unfortunately for Trace, both of those things have been huge problems this year.

Another thing, Trace struggles with pass defense (seems like this has been a problem for years)....and the way Winters throws the ball, it will likely be another long night for the Panther DB's. Trace gives up a lot of big plays and a lot of points because of it.

I think Melvin (QB) and LeBeau will be able to lead Trace on some scoring drives, but with turnovers and big plays, I just don't see them being able to match Jackson enough drive for drive, which leads to Jackson increasing their lead, which then takes MT away from their gameplan.
Good post

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:44 pm

If I recall Right….LeBeau met Mr Mastin a year ago and was out for sometime after that intro…..

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Daniel Boone
Waterboy

Post by Daniel Boone »

Jackson big, getting ready for senior night against Chillicothe and the playoffs. I am guessing that the passing game will be on display, getting the timing down. Need that good balance for a long playoff run. This is a tough region

Return to “Football”