Minford at Waverly

WHS2000grad
Riding the Bench

Re: Minford at Waverly

Post by WHS2000grad »

smurray wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:59 pm Waverlys goal of winning the league is all but gone (Pirate fans chanting SOC, SOC, SOC after the game last night) so the Tigers are playing for a top 4 spot in region 16 and 2 home playoff games.
Waverly sits at #4 and CANNOT afford a loss to Minford if they want a top 4 spot.
I don't think it matters smurray. We can't catch McNicholas and Clinton-Massie could quite easily jumps us wth the remaining schedules. If we win I think we slide to #5 seed and travel to Clarksville in Week 12.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

WHS2000grad wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:42 pm
smurray wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:59 pm Waverlys goal of winning the league is all but gone (Pirate fans chanting SOC, SOC, SOC after the game last night) so the Tigers are playing for a top 4 spot in region 16 and 2 home playoff games.
Waverly sits at #4 and CANNOT afford a loss to Minford if they want a top 4 spot.
I don't think it matters smurray. We can't catch McNicholas and Clinton-Massie could quite easily jumps us wth the remaining schedules. If we win I think we slide to #5 seed and travel to Clarksville in Week 12.
Clinton Massie will likely jump us.
If McNicholas loses 1 of their last two games and we win out you don’t think we would jump them?

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

I wasn’t impressed with the passing game of Waverly. Possibly burg corners just matched them better athletically compared to everyone else who Waverly had played. Minford has a few good athletes in the secondary as well.

I believe the difference will be depth, if Minford can get a few score lead going into the 4th I think they win, if it’s tied or within a score, Waverly depth will probably win the game for them. Minford has 35 kids total not sure how many will play. How many will Waverly suit up Friday night ?

Have to credit this Minford team for the way they’re playing. A lot of people wrote them off after the scrimmages and the Piketon game. Kudos to Ruby and the gang.

WHS2000grad
Riding the Bench

Post by WHS2000grad »

smurray wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:53 pm
WHS2000grad wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:42 pm
Clinton Massie will likely jump us.
If McNicholas loses 1 of their last two games and we win out you don’t think we would jump them?
Well I have been crunching numbers and I do not claim to be great with the computer system, but I think I am decent with it.
A Clinton-Massie loss is the easiest way to get us a top 4 seed. There are scenatios that are unlikely but not totally unreasonable that get is a #4 seed with Clinton-Massie winning out.
If McNicholas loses both games we will jump them. If McNicholas wins Week 10 we cannnot jump them, If they win Week 9 and lose Week 10 with a little help we could jump them.
I know nothing about the teams these teams play all I can do is look at records and guess what the outcomes will be and so much depends on those outcomes.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Wheelersburg is a good team but they were definitely beatable last night.
The Tiger defense has improved week to week but the offense seems to be digressing. There has to be more in the playbook than what we saw last night, different pass routes for 2 of the best receivers in the area, different packages, different ways to get the ball into the hands of #6 - 2 receptions for 9 yards is JUST AWEFUL - some wildcat, etc etc.

Am I missing something here??? Burg was supposed to be beatable according to the majority on the actual Burg-Waverly thread. I don't understand where you are coming from. Burg was the underdog if I read stuff correctly.

Like vlad has said, Burg gives the ball to Lattimore inside the ten they more than likely score touchdowns and not have to kick a FG, not make it on 4th down and miss a FG, therefore 21 points possible there. Lot of people in Burg do nor understand the logic of not giving the ball to Derrick in that situation.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:23 am

The Tiger defense has improved week to week but the offense seems to be digressing. There has to be more in the playbook than what we saw last night, different pass routes for 2 of the best receivers in the area, different packages, different ways to get the ball into the hands of #6 - 2 receptions for 9 yards is JUST AWEFUL - some wildcat, etc etc.

Am I missing something here??? Burg was supposed to be beatable according to the majority on the actual Burg-Waverly thread. I don't understand where you are coming from. Burg was the underdog if I read stuff correctly.

Like Vlad has said, Burg gives the ball to Lattimore inside the ten they more than likely score touchdowns and not have to kick a FG, not make it on 4th down and miss a FG, therefore 21 points possible there. Lot of people in Burg do nor understand the logic of not giving the ball to Derrick in that situation.
Exactly, 21-points not 17-points left on the field. I guess some posters will make any excuse of what should have been a 42-14 game. SMH!

Minford will give the Waverly's defensive line a really good dose of Pica coming straight at them. If Waverly loads the box, then Minford has a couple of 6'3+WR's in Conley and Zimmerman that will make them pay big time. Also, Minford's QB has an arm to toss the long ball.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

If burg could pass with ease, I do think that game isn’t close with Waverly at the beginning but I also believe if Waverly would have started out mainly running, they could have forced burgs hand to bring another in the box and waverly may have got going early in the game offensively.

This is an intriguing game. Minfords run defense is ok but not overwhelmingly great. Their offense isn’t dynamic but they move the ball. And Minford QB has D1 size. The Game plan for minford should be exactly the same as burgs. Run the ball play over the top and make Waverly chunk out yards and not make big plays.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

wobycat wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:42 pm If burg could pass with ease, I do think that game isn’t close with Waverly at the beginning but I also believe if Waverly would have started out mainly running, they could have forced burg's hand to bring another in the box and Waverly may have got going early in the game offensively.

This is an intriguing game. Minford's run defense is ok but not overwhelmingly great. Their offense isn’t dynamic but they move the ball. And Minford QB has D1 size. The Game plan for Minford should be exactly the same as burgs. Run the ball play over the top and make Waverly chunk out yards and not make big plays.
Stay on schedule, move the ball between the tackles until they stop it, then hit them deep with play action.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I think Minford has more than a puncher's chance of winning this game.

The all time record between the 2 teams weighs heavily in Waverlys favor. So Minford needs to play exceptional to win this one.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Like vlad has said, Burg gives the ball to Lattimore inside the ten they more than likely score touchdowns and not have to kick a FG, not make it on 4th down and miss a FG, therefore 21 points possible there. Lot of people in Burg do nor understand the logic of not giving the ball to Derrick in that situation.
Someone was telling me he is nursing a injury. I was wondering the same thing why he didn't get many carries.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

BigBlueNation wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:31 pm

Someone was telling me he is nursing a injury. I was wondering the same thing why he didn't get many carries.
He's been hobbled all year, just now getting back into game shape.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

packers80 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:35 pm
BigBlueNation wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:31 pm

He's been hobbled all year, just now getting back into game shape.
Thanks

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Live stream for this game?

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

If waverly gives Minford life they could cause them some trouble But I do not see that happening. Too much Tiger roar

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Will weather affect tonight’s game for Waverly?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

wobycat wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:13 pm Will weather affect tonight’s game for Waverly?
Weather could affect everybody’s game tonight. Severe storm warnings. Expect delays and possible postponements to tomorrow.
We’ll see if the forecasters get it right.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Is there a link for a live stream of this game?

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

I’m pretty sure Waverly has streamed their games on YouTube I believe, could be wrong tho

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

9:42 Morrrison 75 Yd Punt Return TD
7-0

8:52 fumble recovery Crabtree at 33

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »