Minford at Waverly

bucknuts09
Freshman Team

Re: Minford at Waverly

Post by bucknuts09 »

If Waverly plays conservative like they did against Burg and not hardly running any pass plays past the first down marker the first 3 quarters they get beat again, but I see them regrouping and winning by a couple scores. I sure hope they get the punt team figured out as well, really limit yourselves when u have 4 offensive lineman on punt!

LBD0263
Riding the Bench

Post by LBD0263 »

Waverly bounces back with a big win….

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

smurray wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:35 pm Waverly DEFENSE played their hearts out tonight, limiting the Pirates to 1 offensive TD.
A punt return for a TD made it 13-0 after two Pirate FG’s.
Tiger offense finally woke up in the 4th and answered with two TD’s to go up 14-13 but then a busted coverage TD pass (Pirates only offensive TD) ended up being the winner.
Waverly had it 4th and 2 at the Pirate 30 and failed to convert.

Waverly will have their hands full and they better come out to play 4 quarters instead of a half or one quarter.

Minford may be favored with the way the played the Pirates.
Burgs punt return for a td made the score 10 to 0 after that then Burg kicked another field made it 13 to 0 and on Burg passing td it wasn't busted coverage waverlys safeties were playing up close to the line of scrimmage all night Burg just made a good play call and caught Waverly sneaking up to stop the run which they did all night with their safeties. Great play call by Burg and imo they should have ran that play more ! But great game !

Burg grad 85
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

greygoose wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:11 am
vladimir wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:51 pm
smurray wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:35 pm Waverly DEFENSE played their hearts out tonight, limiting the Pirates to 1 offensive TD.
Tiger offense finally woke up in the 4th and answered with two TD’s to go up 14-13 but then a busted coverage TD pass (Pirates only offensive TD) ended up being the winner.

Waverly will have their hands full and they better come out to play 4 quarters instead of a half or one quarter.

Did you watch this game? W'burg left 17-points on the field in the 1st half. If 4th-quarter Waverly shows up, this will be a game; however, I'm taking Minford by 10 on the road b/c of the burg hangover.
No dog in the first but I was able to watch the Burg and Waverly game, where did Burg leave 17 points on the field at in the 1st half?? They missed a field goal, can't count that, they went for it on 4th and 2 and got stopped, can't count that, where's the 17 at??
Yeah Ok whatever you say. I guess you'd like it worded as Burg's offence sputtered in the red-zone and didn't get the job done. Burg had a time of possession in the first half of 20-minutes to Waverly's 4-minutes. This game could have easily been 42-14, and if W'burg would have run #2 more in the 1st half there's no doubt in my mind it would have been.

That was a total clown car show by Waverly's coaching staff in Wheelersburg last night.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

scott1297 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:27 am

Burgs punt return for a td made the score 10 to 0 after that then Burg kicked another field made it 13 to 0 and on Burg passing td it wasn't busted coverage waverlys safeties were playing up close to the line of scrimmage all night Burg just made a good play call and caught Waverly sneaking up to stop the run which they did all night with their safeties. Great play call by Burg and imo they should have ran that play more ! But great game !
That is correct, punt return made it 10-0, my bad.
Busted coverage: player goes out for a pass and no one covers him, to me that’s busted coverage. Yes, it was a very smart play call at the right time. Waverly’s safeties sneaking up all night doesnt change the fact someone blew their coverage - that’s why I called it busted coverage.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

vladimir wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:43 am
vladimir wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:51 pm

Did you watch this game? W'burg left 17-points on the field in the 1st half. If 4th-quarter Waverly shows up, this will be a game; however, I'm taking Minford by 10 on the road b/c of the burg hangover.
No dog in the first but I was able to watch the Burg and Waverly game, where did Burg leave 17 points on the field at in the 1st half?? They missed a field goal, can't count that, they went for it on 4th and 2 and got stopped, can't count that, where's the 17 at??
Yeah Ok whatever you say. I guess you'd like it worded as Burg's offence sputtered in the red-zone and didn't get the job done. Burg had a time of possession in the first half of 20-minutes to Waverly's 4-minutes. This game could have easily been 42-14, and if W'burg would have run #2 more in the 1st half there's no doubt in my mind it would have been.

That was a total clown car show by Waverly's coaching staff in Wheelersburg last night.
It's not what I said, you're the one saying they left 17 points on the field in the 1st half and I was wondering where at?? I explained exactly how it went down but you're saying 17 and you need to come up with those points you just can't pull it out of thin air. Burg announcers during the game had Waverly with little over 5 minutes of first half TOP to burgs 18 plus minutes, however that still doesn't show me where the 17 points were at. Maybe I need to do a run down again, missed FG can't count that as he got to kick it, Burg goes for it on 4th down and Waverly stops them can't count that, you simply can't count points where plays were made. Again where's the 17?? Burg had such a great game plan for the 1st half and executed it to the tune of 18 plus minutes in TOP in the 1st half however it ended up being that same game plan that allowed Waverly to bend but not break and kept the game to 3-0 at half. By your calculations it should've been 20-0 since Burg left the 17 on the field, your words not mine and I'm just curious if I missed something during the same game we watched.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

greygoose wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:57 am

It's not what I said, you're the one saying they left 17 points on the field in the 1st half and I was wondering where at?? I explained exactly how it went down but you're saying 17 and you need to come up with those points you just can't pull it out of thin air. Burg announcers during the game had Waverly with little over 5 minutes of first half TOP to burgs 18 plus minutes, however that still doesn't show me where the 17 points were at. Maybe I need to do a run down again, missed FG can't count that as he got to kick it, Burg goes for it on 4th down and Waverly stops them can't count that, you simply can't count points where plays were made. Again where's the 17?? Burg had such a great game plan for the 1st half and executed it to the tune of 18 plus minutes in TOP in the 1st half however it ended up being that same game plan that allowed Waverly to bend but not break and kept the game to 3-0 at half. By your calculations it should've been 20-0 since Burg left the 17 on the field, your words not mine and I'm just curious if I missed something during the same game we watched.
Exactly missed opportunities in the red zone = points left on the field. SMH! Burg gives the ball to #2 straight up the gut its a 42-14 game. LMAO!! You're a special one aren't ya? Also, Waverly didn't "make the play" to stop burg, the Pirates botched the job and were their own worst enemy in those situations.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

vladimir wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:21 pm

Exactly missed opportunities in the red zone = points left on the field. SMH! Burg gives the ball to #2 straight up the gut its a 42-14 game. LMAO!! You're a special one aren't ya? Also, Waverly didn't "make the play" to stop burg, the Pirates botched the job and were their own worst enemy in those situations.
OH my, you still haven't showed me where the 17 points are. Missed opportunities, but he did get to kick the ball correct? So there's 3 that could've been, they did go for it on 4th down and didn't get it correct? We can't count that as anything because in this make believe world you've got they fumbled 2 plays later and Waverly picked it up and ran it back for a defensive TD, since we have no idea what would've happened if he converted. See where I'm going with this? You do understand Burg RAN a play correct?? I see 3 points they left on the table because one of the best kickers in the area simply missed. Where's the other 14? It doesn't matter if you feel they should've given it to the big man or little man they ran a play they didn't execute said play well enough and Waverly stopped them. I mean for all of that if Waverly hands off to 22 on 4th and 2 Waverly probably goes down punches it in then gets the 2 point conversion and wins the game if we're playing that game.

So if Waverly stops the play it isn't because they made a good play it's because Burg botched the job? So by that does that mean Waverly only having the ball for 5 minutes in the 1st half simply because they botched it and not because the Pirates played really good defense?? The 4th down stop by burg with 2 minutes left wasn't because Burg made a good play it's because Waverly botched the play. I mean if we're going to take away all credit for a team standing up and making a play then I guess we have to go there then with it. Strange strange way of looking at a game, but I think you've explained it perfectly, SMH.

Orange tiger25
Waterboy

Post by Orange tiger25 »

Minford will beat Waverly if Waverly plays like they did against burg

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

greygoose wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:06 pm
vladimir wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:21 pm

OH my, you still haven't showed me where the 17 points are. Missed opportunities, but he did get to kick the ball correct? So there's 3 that could've been, they did go for it on 4th down and didn't get it correct? We can't count that as anything because in this make believe world you've got they fumbled 2 plays later and Waverly picked it up and ran it back for a defensive TD, since we have no idea what would've happened if he converted. See where I'm going with this? You do understand Burg RAN a play correct?? I see 3 points they left on the table because one of the best kickers in the area simply missed. Where's the other 14? It doesn't matter if you feel they should've given it to the big man or little man they ran a play they didn't execute said play well enough and Waverly stopped them. I mean for all of that if Waverly hands off to 22 on 4th and 2 Waverly probably goes down punches it in then gets the 2 point conversion and wins the game if we're playing that game.

So if Waverly stops the play it isn't because they made a good play it's because Burg botched the job? So by that does that mean Waverly only having the ball for 5 minutes in the 1st half simply because they botched it and not because the Pirates played really good defense?? The 4th down stop by burg with 2 minutes left wasn't because Burg made a good play it's because Waverly botched the play. I mean if we're going to take away all credit for a team standing up and making a play then I guess we have to go there then with it. Strange strange way of looking at a game, but I think you've explained it perfectly, SMH.
It’s useless arguing this garbage. Waverly should have given them the 17 points on the honor system.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Orange tiger25 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:15 pm Minford will beat Waverly if Waverly plays like they did against burg
Agree

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

smurray wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:36 pm
Orange tiger25 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:15 pm Minford will beat Waverly if Waverly plays like they did against burg
Agree
Waverly will not win if minford plays like burg.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Waverly wins it I believe, by a couple scores.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Orange tiger25
Waterboy

Post by Orange tiger25 »

Waverly better have a better offense attack than they did against burg run the ball and short routes

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Just some clarification on the “post Wheelersburg syndrome”
When Waverly has lost to Wheelersburg the following week they have followed up with
2019 39-22
2018 43-13
2017 49-7
2016 35-0
I do not expect last week to factor much as many are thinking it will we will move on and regroup

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverlys goal of winning the league is all but gone (Pirate fans chanting SOC, SOC, SOC after the game last night) so the Tigers are playing for a top 4 spot in region 16 and 2 home playoff games.
Waverly sits at #4 and CANNOT afford a loss to Minford if they want a top 4 spot.

Wheelersburg is a good team but they were definitely beatable last night.
The Tiger defense has improved week to week but the offense seems to be digressing. There has to be more in the playbook than what we saw last night, different pass routes for 2 of the best receivers in the area, different packages, different ways to get the ball into the hands of #6 - 2 receptions for 9 yards is JUST AWEFUL - some wildcat, etc etc.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Minford wins.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Gut check time for Waverly's coaches and players. Do they play to win or play not to lose? If the latter, the Mighty Minford Falcons can leave Raidiger field with the win.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Omega wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:49 pm Gut check time for Waverly's coaches and players. Do they play to win or play not to lose? If the latter, the Mighty Minford Falcons can leave Raidiger field with the win.
Waverly defense stepped up against Wheelersburg. The offense (players) could have ran all night long the plays they ran the first three quarters and the results would have been the same - THEY NEVER WOULD HAVE WORKED. Nothing the players could do about that. You have to set the players up for success, not failure. It’s been very evident the past few weeks, superior talent doesn’t necessarily lead to wins. You can’t just “do what you do” and expect to beat good teams because you have better athletes. It nearly cost the Portsmouth game, West and Valley hung around way too long and it absolutely cost the Wheelersburg game and the league championship. Waverly better do something about the offense this week or the Falcons will be heading back to Muletown having given the Tigers their 2nd loss in a row and making their playoff schedule much much tougher.
Don’t think for a minute Minford doesn’t know what Waverly does and they saw what Wheelersburg did to defend it.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

If Minfords defense plays like Burgs defense played they will

Burg grad 85

Return to “Football”