Minford at Waverly

Post by packers80 »

Let's hear it

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Kicker.
All Conference

Re: Minford at Waverly

Post by Kicker. »

Waverly cannot have a hangover from tonight regroup and get ready at a deep post season run

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Waverly could have their hands full in this one. I was impressed with Minford when they played West.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Minford will win this game, and it will not be an upset.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Game of the week by a mile from the schedules ive seen. HUGE game for Minford heading into the playoffs.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

If Minford hadn’t wore down in the 4th qtr against Burg they probably win that game.

This is for sure game of the week around here.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Minford

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Waverly is 34-11-1 all time vs. Minford.

Waverly’s largest margin of victory was in 1962, with an 86-0 win.

Minford’s largest margin of victory was in 2010, with a 48-6 win.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

This game has a big impact on the Trojans hopes of a home playoff game after their loss tonight.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly DEFENSE played their hearts out tonight, limiting the Pirates to 1 offensive TD.
A punt return for a TD made it 13-0 after two Pirate FG’s.
Tiger offense finally woke up in the 4th and answered with two TD’s to go up 14-13 but then a busted coverage TD pass (Pirates only offensive TD) ended up being the winner.
Waverly had it 4th and 2 at the Pirate 30 and failed to convert.

Waverly will have their hands full and they better come out to play 4 quarters instead of a half or one quarter.

Minford may be favored with the way the played the Pirates.

CAT21
Riding the Bench

Post by CAT21 »

I think waverly takes this one, but I’m very impressed with how Minfords season has turned out. They got pummeled by fairland in the preseason but since then evidently they have greatly improved.

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Have to go with my Falcons the way they have been playing together as a team. 14-13.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Minford is tough. They bring the wood and play physical. If they can contain the explosiveness to a level they can play with, I can see this going either way.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

smurray wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:35 pm Waverly DEFENSE played their hearts out tonight, limiting the Pirates to 1 offensive TD.
Tiger offense finally woke up in the 4th and answered with two TD’s to go up 14-13 but then a busted coverage TD pass (Pirates only offensive TD) ended up being the winner.

Waverly will have their hands full and they better come out to play 4 quarters instead of a half or one quarter.

Did you watch this game? W'burg left 17-points on the field in the 1st half. If 4th-quarter Waverly shows up, this will be a game; however, I'm taking Minford by 10 on the road b/c of the burg hangover.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

vladimir wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:51 pm
smurray wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:35 pm Waverly DEFENSE played their hearts out tonight, limiting the Pirates to 1 offensive TD.

Did you watch this game? W'burg left 17-points on the field in the 1st half. If 4th-quarter Waverly shows up, this will be a game; however, I'm taking Minford by 10 on the road b/c of the burg hangover.
Yep, I was there!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

smurray wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:55 pm

Yep, I was there!

You’re even making excuses on here. Like Vlad said Burg left 17 points on the field and more likely 21 in the first half. Burg held Waverly to FOURTEEN points tonight. It wasn’t a busted coverage either. The sad thing is that play was there most of the game because Waverly kept inching Morrison close to the line all night. Lattimore just flat outran the defenders and made the play.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:00 am
smurray wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:55 pm

Yep, I was there!

You’re even making excuses on here. Like Vlad said Burg left 17 points on the field and more likely 21 in the first half. Burg held Waverly to FOURTEEN points tonight. It wasn’t a busted coverage either. The sad thing is that play was there most of the game because Waverly kept inching Morrison close to the line all night. Lattimore just flat outran the defenders and made the play.
Making excuses for what?

Shoedaddy
Freshman Team

Post by Shoedaddy »

Waverly has played Minford after the Burg game for the last several years and always seems to play one of their better games of the year. Crabtree usually gets his kids to rebound after a loss & I see no different Friday. While some teams may struggle after playing Burg, historically Waverly has not.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

No dog in the first but I was able to watch the Burg and Waverly game, where did Burg leave 17 points on the field at in the 1st half?? They missed a field goal, can't count that, they went for it on 4th and 2 and got stopped, can't count that, where's the 17 at??

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

This has the makings of being a dandy game but question for Waverly is going to be do you continue from the 4th quarter play you had against burg or are you reverting back to only playing half a game?? I think the Burg game is a slap to the face for a lot of those seniors and they'll come out much more prepared and focused in this one. Minford coaches have done a great job of milking that team for all it's got one of the better coaching jobs in the area quite frankly. Waverly takes this one by 2 scores gut feeling says the Burg game wakes some players and coaches up in Waverly.

Return to “Football”