West at BURG

packers80
SE

West at BURG

Post by packers80 »

West got right against Valley. BURG got a big win over Waverly. Rivalry game here, anything can happen. Thoughts?

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Proud_Pirate63
S

Re: West at BURG

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

I’m sure Burg’s focus will be on Valley and West’s on Oak Hill. Lol

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

But in two weeks, Ed Miller stadium will be rocking for the Burg/West game.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

As much as I'm looking forward to it, I'm gonna make it through the Oak Hill game first.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Gentlemen, I got ahead of myself. Was thinking BURG vs west was next. My apologies.🤡

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

No too long ago this use to be the week 9 game

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Ok gents, I THINK it is burg vs west coming up next Friday. Thoughts, predictions, Halloween bowl, etc., etc.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

West walks in the underdog and Burg at home is TOUGH. That said, I think West is more than capable of giving Burg a game. If they come out swinging and limit mistakes and turnovers who knows. Ive seen flashes, can they bring it all together for one full game?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

West just hasn't made as much of a jump this season than I believe most expected. West will be looking to make the jump more so next year, Burg in this one by 2-3 scores.

Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Burg 35

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

If the west team that played the first half vs waverly shows up they have a shot.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Huge West fan this week….

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:13 pm If the west team that played the first half vs waverly shows up they have a shot.

100% they were playing right there with Waverly for the most part but just couldn’t keep it going

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
TurdFerguson
Waterboy

Post by TurdFerguson »

SiderBlood wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:56 pm As much as I'm looking forward to it, I'm gonna make it through the Oak Hill game first.
West absolutely rolling as they should tonight. Gonna be a challenge at the Ed. Different beast next week.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Rivalry week is here already, hard to believe.

West rolled easily tonight against a down Oaks team. They were clicking on all cylinders as they should, and I will just say when they are clicking they are no joke. Loved watching the younger kids get in there tonight,and their is some talent in the shadows. Freshmen and sophomores laying some wood out there.

As this one goes. It depends on what West team you are gonna get. You gonna get the Minford game or how they went toe to toe with Waverly for all but the last 10 minutes.

The Siders are more balanced overall on offense. Sissel is a beast and have just enough weapons with Irwin slinging it to keep anyone honest. Burg is defensively better, especially the d line from what I have watched of them. If Burg can't get a pass game going at all, that would definitely be to Wests benefit. Traditionally it is hard ro run on them, it's when they open it up is the problems. Special team advantage goes to the home team.

One thing to note. All of Wests losses were to some of the best teams in Southern Ohio. I think we beat Minford if we play again. They have been in the game in all of them. With a chance to beat Fairland and Waverly. They lost it in the clutch moments. Burg has had close games,they have risen in the moment. Can West learn to be a winner when the going gets tough if it goes down to the wire Friday.

It's rivalry week. These teams don't like each other and you are gonna get the best. I hope for another great game in this storied series. Been lopsided in the last 10 years, but man has their been some classics in the past 50 years.

TurdFerguson
Waterboy

Post by TurdFerguson »

There’s been some classics in this rivalry but there won’t be one this Friday. Burg will roll in this one, even with some inexperience. I’ll take the Burg this week 35-13.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Burg owns the series at 44-26-2 against the Siders. West has beat the pirates more time than any other team.

Average score of the game is 21-14 in Burgs favor.

18 games have been decided by 8 points or fewer with 2 ties in this long series.

TurdFerguson
Waterboy

Post by TurdFerguson »

SiderBlood wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:26 pm Burg owns the series at 44-26-2 against the Siders. West has beat the pirates more time than any other team.

Average score of the game is 21-14 in Burgs favor.

18 games have been decided by 8 points or fewer with 2 ties in this long series.
Ehhh I think you may have some “West Side” skewed stats. I’d say the average score is closer to 28-7 in Wheelersburg’s favor. Burg has dominated the last 20 years besides a few “skewed” years.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Well. I'm of course going with the Pirates. I think they are on the cusp of putting it all together. Tough 1, 2 punch at RB. Stout OL. Speed on the outside. With a D that is best in the conference. This may be a slugfest. I'm going to say Burg 27- 17

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

From my observation Minford and west mirror each other quite a bit. Pretty much rely on the legs of their best back and have some pretty good receivers. Both defenses can be good at times but can give up big plays. Burg should be favored but can’t come out lackadaisical like they did minford and think they are that just better. They need to come out being ready to play and prepared.

Return to “Football”