West at BURG

art_vandelay
SE

Re: West at BURG

Post by art_vandelay »

Seems like West capable of playing with anyone around here if they take care of the ball. Burg struggled against run in second half of Waverly game, so will be interesting to see how this plays out. Burg did a good job last week mixing in more throws with the running game and should keep that up in getting ready for playoffs. I'll say Burg wins 24-13 which may set up a rematch the following week.*

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

You sure can beat the rest but you can't beat WEST! The West Side is the Best Side! I think West has a good shot this week of going home with a win. They just have to play good football for 4 quarters with no turnovers. On the other hand, I have watched the Burg improve every week. It's like Coach Woodward is a mad scientist and he does experiments every week and at the end of the season he finds the right formula and it works. Should be a great ballgame for the Gold Football.
On a side note, I remember some of the 80s West Side teams with Chris Gibson as coach beat the Burg once or twice. I remember one was a 7 to 0 affair out on the Side. I could be wrong.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

The Nature Boy wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:00 pm You sure can beat the rest but you can't beat WEST! The West Side is the Best Side! I think West has a good shot this week of going home with a win. They just have to play good football for 4 quarters with no turnovers. On the other hand, I have watched the Burg improve every week. It's like Coach Woodward is a mad scientist and he does experiments every week and at the end of the season he finds the right formula and it works. Should be a great ballgame for the Gold Football.
On a side note, I remember some of the 80s West Side teams with Chris Gibson as coach beat the Burg once or twice. I remember one was a 7 to 0 affair out on the Side. I could be wrong.
Coach Gibson never beat Burg. They played Burg to 7-0 in 1995 or 1996. The Burg didn’t lose a conference game from 91-99. We were pretty even with Burg during the 1980’s when Dick Tipton’s was the Head Coach.

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

Thanks for the clarification. I haven't lived on the Side for many years or Scioto County for that matter. I try to keep up online and YouTube. It should be a good ballgame.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

The Nature Boy wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:53 pm Thanks for the clarification. I haven't lived on the Side for many years or Scioto County for that matter. I try to keep up online and YouTube. It should be a good ballgame.
Hope so! I anticipate Burg winning by a few scores, but I long for days when the game was a toss up every year. We have some great games in history of the Rivalry. We have been the only Scioto County school to consistently beat the Burg.

TurdFerguson
Waterboy

Post by TurdFerguson »

SiderBlood wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:02 pm
TurdFerguson wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:32 pm
SiderBlood wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:59 am

I use fourseasons.com that uses a calculated spreadsheet. Unless the scores are entered wrong, then those stats are correct. It is not West Side math if the computer is doing it for you. You are welcome to prove me wrong. But your opinion of an average doesn't hold much value unfortunately.
Ehh you are probably right never have been super good at math. Just after the countless number of beatings over the last decade I figured the stats would be more lopsided then that. I’m sure this Friday will help get those averages closer in my favor!
No doubt it’s been lopsided for a decade. Burg is the favorite on Friday. I could be wrong, but I don’t anticipate it being a blowout.
I’d say Burg is the favorite but wouldn’t be surprised with a close game. As a fan I’d personally love to see a close game but I do believe burg runs away…. But don’t count the Siders out. There is a reason they play on Friday’s! Hoping for a good game

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Good start when you 2 of your officials are from Burg. I am by no means saying they will blow the game or make biased call. If I was a hometown guy, I personally wouldn't want to ref a game where people can say that.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Burg hot out of the gate. Took the momentum before it started.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

SiderBlood wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:35 pm Good start when you 2 of your officials are from Burg. I am by no means saying they will blow the game or make biased call. If I was a hometown guy, I personally wouldn't want to ref a game where people can say that.
Pretty sure penalties have favored west heavily so far....

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

packers80 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:52 pm
SiderBlood wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:35 pm Good start when you 2 of your officials are from Burg. I am by no means saying they will blow the game or make biased call. If I was a hometown guy, I personally wouldn't want to ref a game where people can say that.
I said this before the game. And a missed PF right in front of Mr Bailey and a missed pass interference right in front of Mr Decamp. Doesn't change the score. Burg couldn't have been hotter at 14-0. We can't move the ball. Have played better defense besides the busted play in the backfield.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

HOW IN THE HELL DO YOU NOT RUN A RUNNER THAT IS AVERAGING AROUND 12 YARDS A CARRY??!

GIVE DERRICK LATTIMORE THE F$&@ING BALL!!!!!

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:02 pm HOW IN THE HELL DO YOU NOT RUN A RUNNER THAT IS AVERAGING AROUND 12 YARDS A CARRY??!

Kid is fast

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

SiderBlood wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:56 pm
packers80 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:52 pm
I said this before the game. And a missed PF right in front of Mr Bailey and a missed pass interference right in front of Mr Decamp. Doesn't change the score. Burg couldn't have been hotter at 14-0. We can't move the ball. Have played better defense besides the busted play in the backfield.
Right

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

SiderBlood wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:04 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:02 pm HOW IN THE HELL DO YOU NOT RUN A RUNNER THAT IS AVERAGING AROUND 12 YARDS A CARRY??!

Kid is fast

Eric, number 18 is the faster of the Lattimore twins but Derrick, number 2 is a beast running the ball. It’s ridiculous how little he touches the ball.

Also don’t understand the two QB’s. Jones has done fine since the Minford game.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Go Burg! And 3 of the officials are from Burg Sheperd Decamp and Bailey but I dont see it making a difference very good officiating so far and Burg has been penalized way more than West but now people will be complaining about the missed calls but imo it wouldn't make a difference west is having trouble moving the ball but I do like west qb he throws a nice ball. Pretty sure that Burg is the most physical team West has played this year.

Burg grad 85
BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI
Freshman Team

Post by BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI »

scott1297 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:15 pm Go Burg! And 3 of the officials are from Burg Sheperd Decamp and Bailey but I dont see it making a difference...
WTF??? So Wburg has their alumni officiate their league games???

Boy, these guys will find any Ace up their sleeve if they needed it. SMH! :lol:

Givin' it to ya straight 100%, Your BIG DADDY FROM CINCINNATI!
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:51 pm
scott1297 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:15 pm Go Burg! And 3 of the officials are from Burg Sheperd Decamp and Bailey but I dont see it making a difference...
WTF??? So Wburg has their alumni officiate their league games???

Boy, these guys will find any Ace up their sleeve if they needed it. SMH! :lol:

Shut the F$&k up you troll!! They sure as hell didn’t need them tonight and someone who follows Ironton wants to say anything about officiating is a joke.

How many TD’s did Moeller have called back so Ironton could say “we played with Moeller!!

You’re nothing but a run your mouth troll!!

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

scott1297 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:15 pm Go Burg! And 3 of the officials are from Burg Sheperd Decamp and Bailey but I dont see it making a difference very good officiating so far and Burg has been penalized way more than West but now people will be complaining about the missed calls but imo it wouldn't make a difference west is having trouble moving the ball but I do like west qb he throws a nice ball. Pretty sure that Burg is the most physical team West has played this year.
It didn't affect the score of the game. Just don't understand why alumni would even want to take the game. Burgs defense swarms to the ball.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Wheelersburg 38
West 0

Good thing we had those “home town boys”. Sounds like we needed them. smh

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
packers80
SE