West at BURG

RBH23
S

Re: West at BURG

Post by RBH23 »

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:23 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:01 pm
BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:51 pm

WTF??? So Wburg has their alumni officiate their league games???

Boy, these guys will find any Ace up their sleeve if they needed it. SMH! :lol:

Shut the F$&k up you troll!! They sure as hell didn’t need them tonight and someone who follows Ironton wants to say anything about officiating is a joke.

How many TD’s did Moeller have called back so Ironton could say “we played with Moeller!!

You’re nothing but a run your mouth troll!!
Oh now Yabba, did I strike a nerve, honey?

The reason why the W'burg Alumni refs didn't affect the game is b/c it wasn't needed. Had the game been close, then that is where their invite to the party matters. The AD scheduling them and them accepting the gig creates a conflict of interest, and is BS and you know it.

I agree with SiderBlood, why even put yourself in that position in the first place? Keep playing stupid games, and then you'll eventually start winning stupid prizes.

Next week are ya going to have a home game with Bobby Dever, Dave Pyles, and Chris Bentley on a crew? :lol: :lol:
Actually the refs did impact the game. They kept the score much closer by penalizing the Burg more than three times the yards they penalized West: 3x20 yards versus 6x75 yards.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Not saying it’s the reason this crew worked the game because I have no idea, but there’s a video posted on the OHSAA website three days ago on the referee shortage reaching crisis level…so there may not be much to choose from.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

This is bush league no matter how anyone tries to spin it. I don't think there's a by-law in SOC charter that prohibits alumni from working a home game, but it just looks bad. When the rest of the SOC schools start hiring their alumni during Burg week, remember where the precedent was established.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

vladimir wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:37 pm This is bush league no matter how anyone tries to spin it. I don't think there's a by-law in SOC charter that prohibits alumni from working a home game, but it just looks bad. When the rest of the SOC schools start hiring their alumni during Burg week, remember where the precedent was established.
It is. The Burg refs were biased against the Burg! Definitely looks bad when Burg is penalized for over 3x the yards while West is penalized for the fewest times all year.

Burg needs refs that will call a fairer game!

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

522Pirate wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:07 pm Not saying it’s the reason this crew worked the game because I have no idea, but there’s a video posted on the OHSAA website three days ago on the referee shortage reaching crisis level…so there may not be much to choose from.
This is the first time I have ever heard complaining about home town refs who actually penalized the home town team significantly more than the visiting team. This is crazy!

Want to see true hometown cooking? Just check out the Ironton refs. They penalized Moeller 12x to Ironton’s 3 penalties. Now that’s something to question.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

RBH23 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:55 pm
522Pirate wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:07 pm Not saying it’s the reason this crew worked the game because I have no idea, but there’s a video posted on the OHSAA website three days ago on the referee shortage reaching crisis level…so there may not be much to choose from.
This is the first time I have ever heard complaining about home town refs who actually penalized the home town team significantly more than the visiting team. This is crazy!

Want to see true hometown cooking? Just check out the Ironton refs. They penalized Moeller 12x to Ironton’s 3 penalties. Now that’s something to question.
I'm not concerned about what Ironton may or may not have done----what you're saying is that b/c Ironton does some shady stuff, it OK for you to do it too. It is what it is... There should be a bylaw with the SOCII charter that prohibits this, b/c there's just too many things that can be questioned.

If I was officiating the Minford Burg game this year I would have called, on what I saw as blatant, holding on at least 3-plays on that last game-winning drive. Why?? I would have been looking for it and possibly over-critical. It's b/c I'm biased, and that's why I shouldn't ref that game.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

vladimir wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:06 pm

I'm not concerned about what Ironton may or may not have done----what you're saying is that b/c Ironton does some shady stuff, it OK for you to do it too. It is what it is... There should be a bylaw with the SOCII charter that prohibits this, b/c there's just too many things that can be questioned.

If I was officiating the Minford Burg game this year I would have called, on what I saw as blatant, holding on at least 3-plays on that last game-winning drive. Why?? I would have been looking for it and possibly over-critical. It's b/c I'm biased, and that's why I shouldn't ref that game.
Not what I’m saying at all. I’m pointing out that the numbers do not show the refs were biased, or if they were, it would appear, based on the numbers, that they were biased against the Burg.

Now if the penalties would have been 12 against West and 3 against Burg, then your complaint would make sense. But that is not what happened.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

RBH23 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:12 pm

Not what I’m saying at all. I’m pointing out that the numbers do not show the refs were biased, or if they were, it would appear, based on the numbers, that they were biased against the Burg.

Now if the penalties would have been 12 against West and 3 against Burg, then your complaint would make sense. But that is not what happened.
They didn't need to be biased. If you are dealt a winning hand, there's no need to draw from a stacked deck.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Burg won West lost! End of story! The refs played no part in the outcome of the game period! I get so tired of hearing all the excuses and what ifs? And I would feel the same way even if Burg would have lost!

Burg grad 85
RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

vladimir wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:15 pm
RBH23 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:12 pm

They didn't need to be biased. If you are dealt a winning hand, there's no need to draw from a stacked deck.
So they didn’t need to be biased since Burg kicked the crap out of West on the field? So you are complaining not about what happened but what could have happened? And you have no problem that Burg was penalized far more than West? LOL!!

Just spitballing here, but maybe, just maybe, Burg won because they were the better team. And all of the noise about the refs is excuses for the lopsided loss.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

scott1297 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:25 pm Burg won West lost! End of story! The refs played no part in the outcome of the game period! I get so tired of hearing all the excuses and what ifs? And I would feel the same way even if Burg would have lost!
Absolutely, W'burg was the better team. Next year at West and Waverly, I expect them to have a full alumni crew.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

vladimir wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:29 pm
scott1297 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:25 pm Burg won West lost! End of story! The refs played no part in the outcome of the game period! I get so tired of hearing all the excuses and what ifs? And I would feel the same way even if Burg would have lost!
Absolutely, W'burg was the better team. Next year at West and Waverly, I expect them to have a full alumni crew.
And if they penalized West and Waverly more, then we will be even.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

RBH23 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:33 pm
And if they don't, I bet you'll be the first one on here crying about home cooking from alumni refs. It is what it is---a Bush league move.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

vladimir wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:47 pm
RBH23 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:33 pm

And if they don't, I bet you'll be the first one on here crying about home cooking from alumni refs. It is what it is---a Bush league move.
I don’t cry about refs. It’s a loser move to complain about the refs, especially when the penalty differential was in your favor. That’s very sad. Something I have never seen before.

Maybe the I’ll-advised onside kick or the turnovers were the cause of this lopsided affair. Again, just a guess.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

art_vandelay wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:04 am Really thought West would make this game closer. I still think they have some solid pieces for next 2-3 years, but felt like this season was underwhelming for them. Of course, not having any home games had to contribute to it.

Phenomenal coaching job this year by Woodward and staff. “Down year” equals SOC champs and a home playoff game. Adapted the offense to the talent they had and the defense has been solid since Week 2. Don’t know how far they go in playoffs as the Ridgewood loss made for a tougher road, but regardless, solid season for Burg and serious talent waiting their turn in the pipeline.*
It’s always tough to have a coaching change that late in the game. It’s hard to say how it affected the kids. I feel like West has lost its swagger. There’s a fine line between destroying locker rooms and being uncompetitive with rivals. Hopefully the current staff can get us playing to that line, but not crossing it.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Its in the making as we speak Burg will have a traveling alumni referee crew that does every game

Burg grad 85
SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

sider wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:52 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:04 am Really thought West would make this game closer. I still think they have some solid pieces for next 2-3 years, but felt like this season was underwhelming for them. Of course, not having any home games had to contribute to it.

Phenomenal coaching job this year by Woodward and staff. “Down year” equals SOC champs and a home playoff game. Adapted the offense to the talent they had and the defense has been solid since Week 2. Don’t know how far they go in playoffs as the Ridgewood loss made for a tougher road, but regardless, solid season for Burg and serious talent waiting their turn in the pipeline.*
It’s always tough to have a coaching change that late in the game. It’s hard to say how it affected the kids. I feel like West has lost its swagger. There’s a fine line between destroying locker rooms and being uncompetitive with rivals. Hopefully the current staff can get us playing to that line, but not crossing it.
They do not play with the same toughness you expect to see. I'm not saying go out and get 15 personal fouls either, but it is kind of sad to see. I don't even know if you can coach it honestly. I am big on it, and from the outside people might not get it. But the difference between playing like a "Sider" and a "Senator" are two different things. I miss watching the boys that played like Siders. Their was some chippy plays from Burg. I'm not mad about it, thats part of a rivalry game. And our boys just took it. I am by no way saying throw punches or retaliate. But atleast let it fire you up. We have kids that would rather run backwards, or to the sidelines instead of turning it up and fighting for a yard. I want to get back to our brand.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

SiderBlood wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:14 pm

They do not play with the same toughness you expect to see. I'm not saying go out and get 15 personal fouls either, but it is kind of sad to see. I don't even know if you can coach it honestly. I am big on it, and from the outside people might not get it. But the difference between playing like a "Sider" and a "Senator" are two different things. I miss watching the boys that played like Siders. Their was some chippy plays from Burg. I'm not mad about it, thats part of a rivalry game. And our boys just took it. I am by no way saying throw punches or retaliate. But atleast let it fire you up. We have kids that would rather run backwards, or to the sidelines instead of turning it up and fighting for a yard. I want to get back to our brand.
Would love to see it back to the siders.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

wobycat wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:55 pm
SiderBlood wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:14 pm

Would love to see it back to the siders.
Yup

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

vladimir wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:37 pm This is bush league no matter how anyone tries to spin it. I don't think there's a by-law in SOC charter that prohibits alumni from working a home game, but it just looks bad. When the rest of the SOC schools start hiring their alumni during Burg week, remember where the precedent was established.
The funny thing is this crew has called a couple of West Wheelersburg games at West that were for the SOC title. So is it only bush league when they call a game at Wheelersburg? They must not be that bad if West’s ADs have put them on the game at their place.

Return to “Football”