Ironton 214 points vs OVC 27 points, 5 - 0 thru 5 weeks of OVC play. Irontons biggest ? as we near the post season: 

TigerMania
JV Team

Re: Is the Ironton/OVC relationship deteriorating? Coal Grove jv team pulls an okie doke, 2 years in a row

Post by TigerMania »

TigerBob wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:47 pm If Ironton leaves the OVC, it will not be because of Ironton’s choice.
If that’s true? Why do you say that?

frankie
Varsity

Re: Is the Ironton/OVC relationship deteriorating? Coal Grove jv team pulls an okie doke, 2 years in a row

Post by frankie »

Bird Dog wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:20 pm
Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:17 pm
wobycat wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:57 pm

Burg wins quite a few championships in other soc sports. I promise you they don’t want out. The soc is a very good league in all sports
Huh?

I was using examples of teams dominating one sport. I didn't imply Burg doesn't win other titles or want out.
He has a complex about making every topic about how great they are.
bird dog you nailed him.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

No drama, teams using covid excuse for low numbers and avoiding losses. Ovc is more than just football. Ironton is not a powerhouse in baseball or basketball.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Ironton would be up 30 by half in most leagues in SEO. That’s the good thing with having non league games. You can play powerhouse Moeller

Taylormade
Freshman Team

Re: Is the Ironton/OVC relationship deteriorating? Coal Grove jr high team pulls an okie doke, 2 years in a row

Post by Taylormade »

wobycat wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:55 pm
BuckNuts24 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:25 pm
mattash wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:23 pm I don't know if Coal Grove, South point, Gallia, Peake have the JV numbers to risk playing an Ironton JV.
Best argument for Ironton to leave.
OVC is unable to meet Irontons needs.
Where do they go? Lol. You think the ovc is going to let ironton just out of football? Ironton only dominates football and as done so with transfers. They haven’t proven anything. Let’s have a season with ironton kids only. Seems arrogant to make a statement wanting out otherwise
Great point Woby...when will the Burg be competing with just Burg kids? I'm not just talking football either.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

TigerMania wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:06 pm
TigerBob wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:47 pm If Ironton leaves the OVC, it will not be because of Ironton’s choice.
Because I have a brain.

It makes zero sense. Would cause expenses to rise and revenues to decline in all sports except football. Probable less participation, no recognition for all-league, tougher scheduling, and all the other obvious issues.

Do I think Ironton would seek out an alternate arrangement for football, where they either aren’t in the league or only play partial schedule? Sure. Would other schools entertain that? Doubtful.

Taylormade
Freshman Team

Post by Taylormade »

BuckNuts24 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:44 pm
Probably but I see some "boosters" and parents on social media saying Ironton wants out and actually tried to leave last year?
I'm pretty positive they never tried to leave. There is one school in particular that is wanting Ironton out. The same one who wouldnt play a JV game yet tried to get RH to play instead. He also canceled a game due to covid in their school only to play a game the next day against someone else.

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

TigerBob wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:59 pm
TigerMania wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:06 pm
Because I have a brain.

It makes zero sense. Would cause expenses to rise and revenues to decline in all sports except football. Probable less participation, no recognition for all-league, tougher scheduling, and all the other obvious issues.

Do I think Ironton would seek out an alternate arrangement for football, where they either aren’t in the league or only play partial schedule? Sure. Would other schools entertain that? Doubtful.
Wow! I thought the same stuff. I must have a brain too. Just hope the people that make the real decision on this understand how this could really affect all the kids.

Taylormade
Freshman Team

Post by Taylormade »

TigerMania wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:05 pm
Probably but I see some "boosters" and parents on social media saying Ironton wants out and actually tried to leave last year?
It wouldn’t surprise me at all them doing this. Curious to who it is? Are you talking about people with the Tiger Clan?
The Tiger Clan boosters raise money for extras,as in food on away games,tshirts,bats,and shoes if needed for all athletes both boys and girls and cheerleaders. They have nothing to do with schedules or conferences or hiring coaches for that matter.

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

Taylormade wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:13 pm

It wouldn’t surprise me at all them doing this. Curious to who it is? Are you talking about people with the Tiger Clan?
The Tiger Clan boosters raise money for extras,as in food on away games,tshirts,bats,and shoes if needed for all athletes both boys and girls and cheerleaders. They have nothing to do with schedules or conferences or hiring coaches for that matter.
That’s what I thought too. Just curious to what that other person meant by booster people saying stuff on social media?

OVCFAN83
Waterboy

Post by OVCFAN83 »

Just curious, what is the roster size of Ironton vs roster size of coal grove? Grove may not have had enough kids to risk getting hurt against a good Ironton JV squad.

pistol
Freshman Team

Post by pistol »

CG is the smallest school in the OVC. A lot of their underclassmen, mainly sophomores and freshmen, start on the varsity. So numbers are probably an issue.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Every time I see this guy spew his incoherent nonsense this is all I can see in my head.... I feel like if everyone responds with this picture every time he posts then maybe, JUST MAYBE, he'll disappear forever.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
frankie
Varsity

Re: Ironton 214 points vs OVC 27 points, 5 - 0 thru 5 weeks of OVC play. Irontons biggest ? as we near the post season: 

Post by frankie »

bbjunky81 my exact thoughts. He has many other posting id's. Too bad they won't get rid of him for good.

frankie
Varsity

Re: Ironton 214 points vs OVC 27 points, 5 - 0 thru 5 weeks of OVC play. Irontons biggest ? as we near the post season: 

Post by frankie »

frankie wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:02 pm bbjunky81 my exact thoughts. This troll has many other posting id's. Too bad they won't get rid of him for good.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:41 am Every time I see this guy spew his incoherent nonsense this is all I can see in my head.... I feel like if everyone responds with this picture every time he posts then maybe, JUST MAYBE, he'll disappear forever.

It is the dumbest thing. Just pot stirring nonsense.

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

BuckNuts24 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:19 pm
Taylormade wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:13 pm

Fundraising = influence. Even if its limited in its capacity yea?
What’s wrong with him saying this that you guys got so upset about it? Is there something wrong with the Tiger clan? Inform me I’m clueless?

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Finkle is Einhorn. Einhorn is Finkle.

cptcbus
Waterboy

Post by cptcbus »

There is a facebook group called red state vs blue state. Some of these posts and comments seem very familiar. Interesting.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Oh cool a new username for our guy!

Return to “Football”