Can we actually talk about the games?

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Can we actually talk about the games?

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Why are some people acting as if you have to shut up if your team lost? Ive noticed this so much, as soon as someone makes any comment about a team that lost its automatically labled as an excuse. How simple minded are some of you? Its called having a discussion and a lot of the time the points people bring up make sense. Not always but sometimes. Can we go back to actually talking about football instead of acting like kids? Some of you just want to get on here and go back and forth with people my lord. You fans who want the losing team to not say a single word if you lose are toxic. Ruining so many conversations cause you want to be funny and try to burn someone. This happens after so many games instead of people stating observations, what ifs, etc.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Re: Can we actually talk about the games?

We are here to conversate and speculate about local football games. Fans can say well if this and that without it turning into a petty arguement.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:32 pm We are here to conversate and speculate about local football games. Fans can say well if this and that without it turning into a petty arguement.
I agree. I think last night burg could of been 14 points better than Waverly but Waverly held when they had too. I also said ironton isn’t 34points better than burg after the game and got blasted. Waverly could of had done some things differently to help them but I felt like burg could have as well.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

wobycat wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:56 pm
SciotoCfootball wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:32 pm We are here to conversate and speculate about local football games. Fans can say well if this and that without it turning into a petty arguement.
I agree. I think last night burg could of been 14 points better than Waverly but Waverly held when they had too. I also said ironton isn’t 34points better than burg after the game and got blasted. Waverly could of had done some things differently to help them but I felt like burg could have as well.

And I disagree with you, I felt a few things could’ve went differently it’s a totally different game. And that is my opinion on yours. Yet I will give kudos for what the burg did and Waverly did not they won the game after it was all said and done

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
SciotoCfootball
Varsity

I dont think Ironton is 34 points better than Burg either, pretty obvious the gap is no where near that big. Dont understand why everyone is so quick to bicker. There's some good convos on here but man there's also some baggage that just makes you want to sit your phone down. A handful of people who post just need to dial it back a notch, obviously theres still going to be some back and forth and thats completely fine.. as long as it doesnt reach that point where its just becomes petty.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

I think a lot of it is probably kids. I hope anyway.

LBD0263
Riding the Bench

Post by LBD0263 »

I think we are well beyond the mid way point of the season. From watching a lot of great football games. The argument could be we have several teams who could win on any given night against anyone. It’s great to watch and for southeastern Ohio football. A lot of programs have really made improvements this year. Should set up a great run for several teams come playoff time.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

It’s been a good season so far.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

I agree that everyone should be able to give opinions without comments getting out of hand. I believe the gap between Ironton and Burg is now possibly larger than 34 points. After watching the waverly/burg game last night, I believe if Ironton played Burg again that Ironton may win by 40 plus. That was some bad football.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:59 pm
I agree that everyone should be able to give opinions without comments getting out of hand. I believe the gap between Ironton and Burg is now possibly larger than 34 points. After watching the waverly/burg game last night, I believe if Ironton played Burg again that Ironton may win by 40 plus. That was some bad football.
If that’s the case, then the best in this area is awful because that’s the best around here. Burg sits at 5th in the region with a 5-3 record You’re assessment of ironton being vastly superior is definitely skewed and maybe an opinion from a disdain of Wheelersburg football. Either way, it’s way off. I can perceive that opinion due to your prediction of this game before it was played.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

wobycat wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:25 pm

If that’s the case, then the best in this area is awful because that’s the best around here. Burg sits at 5th in the region with a 5-3 record You’re assessment of ironton being vastly superior is definitely skewed and maybe an opinion from a disdain of Wheelersburg football. Either way, it’s way off. I can perceive that opinion due to your prediction of this game before it was played.

:lol:

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

It’s the egos speaking. Better is not the same as won. You are feeding into the topic of the post. It’s stopped being discussions and more of”I’m from (insert here) so my team is better.

So while you try to side with Portsmouth to feel validated, I’ll let you know that Waverly played much better against Portsmouth and won by one and was lucky to escape that game. They didn’t come alive vs burg until way later in the game.

But like I’ve said. If they keep playing like this, this will be who they become. Jackson was worried about the same thing after the burg game.

Now are you going to keep your yes man attitude or are you going to contradict yourself?

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

Portsmouth weathered a whole half of Waverly offense giving them everything. Burg got 6 minutes.

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

wobycat wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:25 pm

I feel the soc is down this year, and I don't feel anyone in the soc is the best around here this year. I think the best in the area this year are Ironton, and Jackson, and I don't think Jackson had a particularly good game vs burg.

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

I think Portsmouth and Fairland are pretty good also. I don't think burg could beat either one of them this year.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:03 pm I think Portsmouth and Fairland are pretty good also. I don't think burg could beat either one of them this year.
And if Burg did beat them it would be because “they didn’t play well”….it’s just unfortunate two of the best teams in the area just didn’t have a particularly good game against the Burg.

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

522Pirate wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:22 pm
Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:03 pm I think Portsmouth and Fairland are pretty good also. I don't think burg could beat either one of them this year.
And if Burg did beat them it would be because “they didn’t play well”….it’s just unfortunate two of the best teams in the area just didn’t have a particularly good game against the Burg.
Burg got the win and bottom line, that's what counts. Congrats on the win.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I would take those 40 points and Burg in a heartbeat. If they matchup again be sure to look me up!

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

Burg might beat Portsmouth if they meet in the playoffs. It might be due to an off night by Portsmouth but must likely it will be due to kickoff coverage which played a huge part in our 2 losses so far this year.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

portsmouth_98 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:40 am Burg might beat Portsmouth if they meet in the playoffs. It might be due to an off night by Portsmouth but must likely it will be due to kickoff coverage which played a huge part in our 2 losses so far this year.
Really need to fix that kickoff problem. The kid from Deer Park had some returns as well. Its actually accounted for a good chunk of the points they have gave up this year. Take those away and look at some of the scores of the games so far. Ironton has the players to capitalize on that which concerns me.

Return to “Football”