Week 9 Ironton vs Gallia

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Re: Week 9 Ironton vs Gallia

Post by RiverRatRay »

Paulcrew wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:30 am Speaking of programs with wheels off the bus… is there an even smaller league that this once proud D4 football program could join, now that they can’t even compete in the OVC? Or is the solution just to wait and hope Ironton and maybe Fairland can be “expelled” for dominating the two revenue sports?
I was looking at all the athletic programs in the OVC and all the schools but one are strong at one sport or another. Even Chesapeake is very good with their wrestling program so they aren't left out of the mix. Coal Grove is the only school that I see that needs to step it up but I may be wrong.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Paulcrew wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:30 am Speaking of programs with wheels off the bus… is there an even smaller league that this once proud D4 football program could join, now that they can’t even compete in the OVC? Or is the solution just to wait and hope Ironton and maybe Fairland can be “expelled” for dominating the two revenue sports?
Well go back and look at how many playoff appearances this team has and their horrible playoff record. They have only beaten ironton 6 times in my lifetime and I am almost 60 years old. And 2 of those times in last 5 years. It is revising history to talk about this school as it had a great tradition. Good yes great no.

It is in the OVC because the TVC would not vote them in. Even though I believe they were closer to getting in then anyone else recently.

They need to be in a league without a lot of travel or they are going to have to cut certain sports. Our athletic program is totally self supported. No money comes from schools general fund to support anything athletic wise.

The OVC is glad to have us almost every away game I go to in basketball or football either one tells us we bring the most fans or second most of anyone on their schedule. Their boosters are glad to take our money.

I think our athletic programs are on solid ground. Go troll somewhere else.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

6 times I'm one of the 6 .didn't no that just like to to kick there a$$.

GalliaTribe
JV Team

Post by GalliaTribe »

Sports fanatic wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:05 pm
GalliaTribe wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:47 pm Very disappointed to hear that the New Tiger bus has broken down on its way to the game. Was really looking forward to seeing it.
They might not have brought the bus, but from the score I saw it looks like they brought a can of whoop a$$.
They did, but we knew it would happen. We don’t go out and buy a fancy bus and plaster it on social media look how great we are with our bus. Or act like we are better than anyone else. I think it is karma that that bus has only made it to coal grove. That bus won’t win them a state title.

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

GalliaTribe wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:52 pm
GalliaTribe wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:47 pm Very disappointed to hear that the New Tiger bus has broken down on its way to the game. Was really looking forward to seeing it.
They might not have brought the bus, but from the score I saw it looks like they brought a can of whoop a$$.
They did, but we knew it would happen. We don’t go out and buy a fancy bus and plaster it on social media look how great we are with our bus. Or act like we are better than anyone else. I think it is karma that that bus has only made it to coal grove. That bus won’t win them a state title.
actually the OVC would just like to see you update the football facility. greyhound bus would be way down the list

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Man I think even Kirtland couldn’t tackle a bus. Provided we can get it to run more than 80 yards at a time.

Jimbob2023
Riding the Bench

Post by Jimbob2023 »

Oh please! If you guys had a decent program, you’d be beating your chests harder than anyone. The people of Gallipolis have always thought they were something special. Heck, even your Shake Shop thinks it’s special. Lol

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

Jimbob2023 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:07 pm

Oh please! If you guys had a decent program, you’d be beating your chests harder than anyone. The people of Gallipolis have always thought they were something special. Heck, even your Shake Shop thinks it’s special. Lol
You sound like one of them lovely Point Pleasant people

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

Gallia Academy has been tough to follow this year. It’s just not there. This game will be bad.

Return to “Football”