Week 9 Ironton vs Gallia

SEO95
Riding the Bench

Re: Week 9 Ironton vs Gallia

Post by SEO95 »

Football teaches young men all kinds of lessons for life. Sports in general do.

MR305
Freshman Team

Post by MR305 »

Fan Friday wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:21 pm
GalliaTribe wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:40 am
MR305 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:04 am

Listen, there is no doubt who should win the game. Better coaching, better facilities, better lifting program, 4x as many players, yes Ironton should win, buts stranger things have happened. The Gallia Academy sophomores are 4-1 against the current Ironton sophomores. Gallipolis has 22 players and with 11 of them being sophomores. We have played with kids from our district and that has come up through our youth programs. Its hard/tough to compete right now when you have basically 15 kids that play. Player development has been a major downfall at Gallipolis along with being innovative. No excuses just the truth. Bring your bus, fans, 20 coaches on the sidelines and whatever else you pride yourself on. The sun will come up on Saturday and we will be on to the next week and neither team will win a state championship this year.
Well said Mr. 305. I will want to know is there more to life down there in Ironton other football. Seems not at all. You all have a good program, nice facilities, nice bus and don’t forget your Nike elite, but where does that get you all in life? After high school football is over reality hits not just the kids but you adults that seem to want it more than anything. Why can’t you all just be classy and act like you have been there before. You all have not won a state championship in over 30 years. Congratulations on the last 2 years for being runners up but that is just the prize for the 1st place loser. You all will never beat Kirtland. Good luck this year and act like you all have been there before, but remember football is just a game it does not get you anything in life other than some glory at that time.
It also gets you an education PAID IN FULL from a D1 scholarship so there’s that!
No kidding. I have a couple of sophomores for Gallipolis that have been taking college visits so I appreciate the info I will look into that.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I think there are so many things that dont always add up. Especially when it comes to gallia academy going in the wrong direction. In coach Penrods 5 years here this team is 30-10. 25-5 in last 4 years. In the two places he has been head coach his record is 45-25 for the 3 years at each program before he took over those schools records were 18-32. So obviously the man can coach. Look at this years team you lost a game to the 4th ranked AA team in state of west virginia and a game to coal grove that if you would of had more then 5 practices in the last month you would of handled probably pretty easy. Should the blue devils be happy with that probably not. But lets not talk like this is a program that hasn't been on the uptick.
we have a in county opponent of River valley that got out of a 10 year contract after year 3 because they were mad because we were supposedly recruiting because kids wanted to play for coach Penrod. the 2017, 2018 and 2019 graduating classes all had more kids to come out and play every year because people were excited about the program and wanted to play for coach Penrod.

So i don't buy players don't like coach Penrod or don't want to play for him. This team was also everywhere helping out events involved in the community and if you followed the team facebook page plenty of content and plenty of things that attracted kids. I haven't talked to coach since before COVID hit.

But i think the problems withing the program or with numbers have much more to do without side influences other then football. It is know secret that coach's wife is a breast cancer survivor and i think as a cancer survivor you have a weaker immune system and if you caught covid you would probably be at a higher risk for a bad income. So if a coach decided to not expose himself or players to limit possible exposure to COVID no one could blame him. I am not saying this is what happened but i am saying everything about coach Penrods history and his character. I know he loves football and he loves to coach.

It is troubling that the coach hasn't been to every practice is troubling. But i am not privileged to know why those practices were missed. Or why some activities over summer might not of been scheduled but if the reason was COVID related i think that should be considered.

Listen coach has two young children and a wife. He might of reached a point in his life where he wants to spend more time being a dad and a husband. If that is the case i am sure he will step away from the program or at least the head coaching job at the end of year. Because i know he cares about the players and the team and school and is invested in each of them.

But if it has been COVID related then i think that he should be back as our coach and numbers will be up. Me and my wife just started attending another church that a few of the football players attend. I can tell you there are very mixed feeling about coach penrod. Some kids will tell you if Penrod is not coach next year they might go somewhere else to play. There are some kids that feel the exact opposite because they want to make sure there coach is all in.

This is all just my opinion. I am not really close to this team or coaching staff at all. It is just my view from outside looking in. I had kids in school and understnad how down and miserable this program was before coach came and know how much better 2017 through 2019 was.

Here is to a great game friday night and i hope everyone remains healthy.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Can someone from ironton or some other poster tell me if this thought i have is true. I cant believe i dreamed up this thing in my head but maybe i have. A few years ago was there not a member of the ironton community that made a hype video about the team or a player or both i don't remember. But i do believe he offered his services to any school or player that was interested? Am i crazy or did this happen?

Because i some how have in my head that was when all this great ironton content began to hit the internet. Maybe this is all in my head and never happened. But i believe i am correct i take it this guy is no longer doing this for just anyone because if he was behind it i would think he would be on here every week advertising his work. Someone told me that the business didn't pan out as a business but he took on the ironton content because he was a member of community and maybe part of staff now. Just let me know if i am going crazy or not,

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

svac83 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:16 pm Can someone from ironton or some other poster tell me if this thought i have is true. I cant believe i dreamed up this thing in my head but maybe i have. A few years ago was there not a member of the ironton community that made a hype video about the team or a player or both i don't remember. But i do believe he offered his services to any school or player that was interested? Am i crazy or did this happen?

Because i some how have in my head that was when all this great ironton content began to hit the internet. Maybe this is all in my head and never happened. But i believe i am correct i take it this guy is no longer doing this for just anyone because if he was behind it i would think he would be on here every week advertising his work. Someone told me that the business didn't pan out as a business but he took on the ironton content because he was a member of community and maybe part of staff now. Just let me know if i am going crazy or not,
You are right about this went to school and played with him at ironton pretty sure he lives in Florida now still follows the teams closely though

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

BuckNuts24 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:14 pm
GalliaTribe wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:40 am
MR305 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:04 am

Listen, there is no doubt who should win the game. Better coaching, better facilities, better lifting program, 4x as many players, yes Ironton should win, buts stranger things have happened. The Gallia Academy sophomores are 4-1 against the current Ironton sophomores. Gallipolis has 22 players and with 11 of them being sophomores. We have played with kids from our district and that has come up through our youth programs. Its hard/tough to compete right now when you have basically 15 kids that play. Player development has been a major downfall at Gallipolis along with being innovative. No excuses just the truth. Bring your bus, fans, 20 coaches on the sidelines and whatever else you pride yourself on. The sun will come up on Saturday and we will be on to the next week and neither team will win a state championship this year.
Well said Mr. 305. I will want to know is there more to life down there in Ironton other football. Seems not at all. You all have a good program, nice facilities, nice bus and don’t forget your Nike elite, but where does that get you all in life? After high school football is over reality hits not just the kids but you adults that seem to want it more than anything. Why can’t you all just be classy and act like you have been there before. You all have not won a state championship in over 30 years. Congratulations on the last 2 years for being runners up but that is just the prize for the 1st place loser. You all will never beat Kirtland. Good luck this year and act like you all have been there before, but remember football is just a game it does not get you anything in life other than some glory at that time.
Football is about the only thing Ironton ever got right but if ya anwhere in seo ya cant really judge Ironton. The entire region is in poor shape. Undereducated. Unhealthy. Obese. Old. Poor infrastructure. Low wages. No opportunity. All the young people w ambition depart for greener pastures. Thats not exclusive to Ironton. Seo is like driving through a perpetual cow pasture. Nothing... walmart... nothing... fast food... .. nothing. Ironton isnt any less than anywhere else in seo.
What paradise of a town do you call home?

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Don’t feed the troll

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

BuckNuts24 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:32 pm
Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:21 pm
BuckNuts24 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:14 pm

Football is about the only thing Ironton ever got right but if ya anwhere in seo ya cant really judge Ironton. The entire region is in poor shape. Undereducated. Unhealthy. Obese. Old. Poor infrastructure. Low wages. No opportunity. All the young people w ambition depart for greener pastures. Thats not exclusive to Ironton. Seo is like driving through a perpetual cow pasture. Nothing... walmart... nothing... fast food... .. nothing. Ironton isnt any less than anywhere else in seo.
What paradise of a town do you call home?
Northern va. One of the fastest growing areas in the nation. Also around 80% of workforce has a BA or above. Lots of military fam. Active. Less obesity. Less unemployment. Younger. Higher wages. More opportunity. Any questions?

Oh also, we don't fellowship at walmart cause we have money & options. But hey you have a couple new fast food joints huh? Lol
Imagine being such a loser that you have to go on a prep sports forum and talk about stuff like this. Great you live in an area that has young people with degrees. Absolutely fascinating. You should write a memoir on it. I’m sure all of Seo must be jealous of your accomplishments.
Last edited by BuckeyeBlood on Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

BuckNuts24 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:35 pm
TigerBob wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:25 pm Don’t feed the troll
And again.
Listen man, I don’t post nonstop on the high school forum of an area I hate.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

BuckNuts24 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:20 pm
BuckeyeBlood wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:39 pm
BuckNuts24 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:32 pm

Northern va. One of the fastest growing areas in the nation. Also around 80% of workforce has a BA or above. Lots of military fam. Active. Less obesity. Less unemployment. Younger. Higher wages. More opportunity. Any questions?

Oh also, we don't fellowship at walmart cause we have money & options. But hey you have a couple new fast food joints huh? Lol
Imagine being such a loser that you have to go on a prep sports forum and talk about stuff like this. Great you live in an area that has young people with degrees. Absolutely fascinating. You should write a memoir on it. I’m sure all of Seo must be jealous of your accomplishments.

No boil water advisories either. 😂😂
He's from n.va now :lol: . That's nothing to be proud of, if it were true. :lol:

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

A wise man once told me to never accept criticism from a person you would never ask for advice.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

RiverRatRay wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:31 am A wise man once told me to never accept criticism from a person you would never ask for advice.
We must have spoken to the same wise man 😂

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Lavon Helm
Riding the Bench

Post by Lavon Helm »

Does Gallia stream their games anywhere?

Go2Guy
Waterboy

Post by Go2Guy »

Lavon Helm wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:47 am Does Gallia stream their games anywhere?

Yeah right there so behind in time. Have you seen the dump of a field they still play on??? I do t know who’s field is worse Fairlands or Gallia’s

GalliaTribe
JV Team

Post by GalliaTribe »

Very disappointed to hear that the New Tiger bus has broken down on its way to the game. Was really looking forward to seeing it.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

RIP Tiger Bus

2021-2021

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Good luck Tigers

6O HORN3TS 🐝
UofL
Waterboy

Post by UofL »

Ironton 43-0

Sports fanatic
Waterboy

Post by Sports fanatic »

GalliaTribe wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:47 pm Very disappointed to hear that the New Tiger bus has broken down on its way to the game. Was really looking forward to seeing it.
They might not have brought the bus, but from the score I saw it looks like they brought a can of whoop a$$.

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

Speaking of programs with wheels off the bus… is there an even smaller league that this once proud D4 football program could join, now that they can’t even compete in the OVC? Or is the solution just to wait and hope Ironton and maybe Fairland can be “expelled” for dominating the two revenue sports?

Return to “Football”