Anticipated Coaching Vacancies for 2022

Farmer Yoder
Freshman Team

Re: Anticipated Coaching Vacancies for 2022

Post by Farmer Yoder »

coop wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:27 pm
portsmouth_98 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:22 am Valley job could be open with Crabtree retiring. They could go in house though, not sure on the status of his staff.
The job was posted for all applicants today.

“HEAD FOOTBALL COACH

Valley Local will be accepting applications for the Head Football Coach position from November 19th through December 3rd, 2021. A letter of interest, resume, and reference contacts can be dropped off at the Central Office or emailed to scott.rolfe@valleyls.org.”
They need a proven winner. First call should be to Testy Burleson. If he won’t take it, second call should be to Bostonville to get the old coach out of retirement

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

coop wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:27 pm
portsmouth_98 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:22 am Valley job could be open with Crabtree retiring. They could go in house though, not sure on the status of his staff.
The job was posted for all applicants today.

“HEAD FOOTBALL COACH

Valley Local will be accepting applications for the Head Football Coach position from November 19th through December 3rd, 2021. A letter of interest, resume, and reference contacts can be dropped off at the Central Office or emailed to scott.rolfe@valleyls.org.”
I'd say they'll have no shortage of applicants, I'm already hearing names who plan on applying for this one.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Like who? Pm me if you don’t want to say publicly.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

transplant wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:32 am Like who? Pm me if you don’t want to say publicly.
Rather just let it unfold as Valley narrows the search down because they currently are either a HC or assistant at schools in the area. The assistant doesn't have any HC experience so I'm guessing it'd be tough to land a job like this one.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I understand that. I’m a valley guy, was just curious what others were hearing out there. Thanks.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Would like to see a younger guy get it like I said before I’d love to see Keller get it but I don’t think that’s possible I just thought he did a amazing job with the players when he was a assistant coach and think players would really respond to him but he has so much on his plate right now and I don’t know if he has the qualifications

SEO Sports
Riding the Bench

Post by SEO Sports »

loganlocos wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:27 am
SEO Sports wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:58 pm I was told from somebody who told somebody that Coach Penrod at Gallia is going to focus on his family and it will be open.
I'd double check your sources.
Hence the "I was told by somebody who was told by somebody" statement as I began. Doesn't seem true but it is a rumor

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Valley opening will be real interesting to watch. Phenomenal facilities, good numbers on the way again, and D6/D7. One of best coaching jobs in southeastern Ohio.*

ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Freshman Team

Post by ReedsvilleEaglesFan »

NoCouchCoach wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:30 pm
ReedsvilleEaglesFan wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:21 pm
NoCouchCoach wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:20 am

Mess lol I mean Meigs has 9 wins and 18 losses in the 3 seasons since Tennant has been coach
If he won 7 at that hole he would win 27 at Eastern.
No way!!! Like I said Tennant in last three seasons at Meigs his record is 9 wins and 18 losses and his two years at Eastern his record was 10 wins and 10 losses and current coach at Eastern over last three seasons has went 17 wins and 9 losses 🤷🏻‍♂️
Oh come on the "current coach" plays some of the worst non league teams in the state, and in WV if he can get Hannan to field a team, and in the Hocking there are only ever two good teams tops, sometimes just one. How many times did he beat the top two teams in the Hocking? And I'm talking in both times he's been the HC.

Rvfan
Freshman Team

Post by Rvfan »

Can hope RV cleans house. They've won what, 8 or 10 games in 4 years? Not good for trying to get kids interested, who'd want to willingly play for coaches with a loosing record?

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Sounds like a whole program issue. Not just varsity coach. Better start with the little kids and get them in line first.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

River Valley is 75-223 all time in football. That’s not a coaching issue. That’s a systemic, community, and identity issue. River Valley’s best years are these:

1997: 4-6 (in the SEOAL)
2003: 6-4
2015: 7-4
2016: 6-4

14 seasons River Valley has went 2-8, 1-9, or 0-10 no matter the coach or league. A lot of their better athletes or players end up at Vinton County or Gallia Academy because of that. They need someone who’s willing to put up with a lot and an Administration that is going to support them with their decision making ability.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Rvfan wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:50 pm Can hope RV cleans house. They've won what, 8 or 10 games in 4 years? Not good for trying to get kids interested, who'd want to willingly play for coaches with a loosing record?
That's simply a program that's destined to be at best a 3 win team unless they have a special group come through which is rare, plus it's not exactly like RV plays some daunting schedule. Basically as you can see from the above records that nothing is changing in River Valley anytime soon, tough pill to swallow but a reality that's just simply what the program is, 2-4 wins each year.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

art_vandelay wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:18 pm Valley opening will be real interesting to watch. Phenomenal facilities, good numbers on the way again, and D6/D7. One of best coaching jobs in southeastern Ohio.*
Numbers where? They have a decent 8th grade class gonna be freshmen. But I think you’ll see several of those kids focus on Baseball and basketball in High School. According to Maxpreps they have 7 or 8 kids combined gonna be Sophomores and Juniors and a decent senior class. Haven’t fielded a JV team and barely a Middle School team several times lately

Probably looking at .500 or less depending on the non conference schedule and a couple years of beatdowns.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:18 pm Valley opening will be real interesting to watch. Phenomenal facilities, good numbers on the way again, and D6/D7. One of best coaching jobs in southeastern Ohio.*
Numbers where? They have a decent 8th grade class gonna be freshmen. But I think you’ll see several of those kids focus on Baseball and basketball in High School. According to Maxpreps they have 7 or 8 kids combined gonna be Sophomores and Juniors and a decent senior class. Haven’t fielded a JV team and barely a Middle School team several times lately

Probably looking at .500 or less depending on the non conference schedule and a couple years of beatdowns.
While we all loved Crabtree, sometimes a changing of the guard can also re-new energy, and bring more kids out. I know the indoor fieldhouse/practice field is a huge upgrade to already great facilities, and a great supporting community. With the baseball and hoops squads looking good, I think youll see the football program bounce back as well. I know that a lot of people (past players and parents) are invested in growing the Lucasville community...so It'll be interesting to see who is hired and how it plays out.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

I saw Valley with around 30 kids on their junior high team this year. As for going .500 in conference, doesn’t matter with expanded playoffs. As long as Valley D6 or D7, they will be in playoffs every year and win a few playoff games most years when their numbers are back up.*

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

I think the new facilities and the hype of a new coach will bring in some transfers and get more boys come out than they did this year. If they drop to d7 like most think they will they will make they playoffs every year and go pretty far most years. People are really excited for the future of valley football as long as they nail the coaching hire which I think they will. Not sure anyone would really turn them down with their history and facilities.

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

Any word if Belpre's "Coach" is coming back?

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Izladoom wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:08 am

I think the new facilities and the hype of a new coach will bring in some transfers and get more boys come out than they did this year. If they drop to d7 like most think they will they will make they playoffs every year and go pretty far most years. People are really excited for the future of valley football as long as they nail the coaching hire which I think they will. Not sure anyone would really turn them down with their history and facilities.
Absolutely!

luvtlm
Riding the Bench

Post by luvtlm »

Looks like Chillicothe is now open.

Return to “Football”