Anticipated Coaching Vacancies for 2022

Jason Vorhees
S

Re: Anticipated Coaching Vacancies for 2022

Post by Jason Vorhees »

For GA,
2013-2016, they were an abysmal 11-29, with 2 wins against teams with a winning record (2013 vs Fairland, 2014 vs Chesapeake).

2017-2021, they have been 33-14, an OVC Championship, 3 playoff appearances, one playoff win, and 7 wins are against teams with a winning record. You subtract the 5-5 record from 2017, and GA is 28-9. That’s pretty impressive to me. You even look at their playoff losses:

2018-Lost to Licking Valley, who made the state semifinals
2019-Lost to Waverly, who was vastly improved
2020-Lost to Meadowbrook, who’s been 49-23 since 2015.

Their losses aren’t to bad teams by any means. They’re doing a good job at GA. If anyone thinks that GA should be Ironton every year only needs to look at the record since 1970: 6-33.

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

From what I hear the coach from McDermott Northwest is on the chopping block. Does it make sense?

WWE HALL OF FAME
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

MrPerfect wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:06 am From what I hear the coach from McDermott Northwest is on the chopping block. Does it make sense?
100%, something happened for all the coaches not to come back and they have underwhelmed with the talent they've had and being in SOC1 play. The JR high doesn't even run the same offense as HS which says a lot. This year he was hit with injuries and it happens but for SOC1 play he had some loaded teams that I really think he didn't maximize their potential.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

greygoose wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:12 am
MrPerfect wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:06 am From what I hear the coach from McDermott Northwest is on the chopping block. Does it make sense?
100%, something happened for all the coaches not to come back and they have underwhelmed with the talent they've had and being in SOC1 play. The JR high doesn't even run the same offense as HS which says a lot. This year he was hit with injuries and it happens but for SOC1 play he had some loaded teams that I really think he didn't maximize their potential.
Haven't heard anything yet on this.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

BigBlueNation wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:01 pm
greygoose wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:12 am
Haven't heard anything yet on this.
I haven't heard anything either. But, whatever they do, for the kids sake, I hope they get it right.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Pendelton from Ironton. Does he move on after the season to the college ranks. I think this job would get a lot of interest now when and if it’s time to move on.

GalliaTribe
JV Team

Post by GalliaTribe »

XandOs wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:26 am Pendelton from Ironton. Does he move on after the season to the college ranks. I think this job would get a lot of interest now when and if it’s time to move on.
That’s hilarious. Where at? College running the wishbone offense now?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

XandOs wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:26 am Pendelton from Ironton. Does he move on after the season to the college ranks. I think this job would get a lot of interest now when and if it’s time to move on.
I don't know how he moves on from DV SEO to the college ranks unless you're talking about him being an assistant somewhere. If he moves on to anything at this point it would probably be larger division HS.

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

I don’t think this will happen for quite some..If ever.
He has it made at Ironton. All he has to do is keep winning and keep them happy.

WWE HALL OF FAME
frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

GalliaTribe wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:16 pm
Gallia hasn't stopped that wishbone, have they? If you had a coach like Pendleton you might not be so physically weak.

What did your team score tonight, 2 points? That's hilarious.

MR305
Freshman Team

Post by MR305 »

frankie wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:04 am
Gallia hasn't stopped that wishbone, have they? If you had a coach like Pendleton you might not be so physically weak.

Like I said, in the end neither team will win a state title this year. Hilarious is someone using/having the name “frankie”

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

JohnBlaze33 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:41 am
Not offended by the speculation I imagine like some will be but I think it's still a lil early just yet. Also think when he does leave somebody on staff may take it.
Yeah, gotta think his brother would just take over and it probably would be a pretty smooth transition. But I don’t see Trevon Pendleton leaving anytime soon.*

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

MR305 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:23 am

Like I said, in the end neither team will win a state title this year. Hilarious is someone using/having the name “frankie”
Hilarious is you thinking you got me by making fun of my name.

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

You obviously know very little about the ins and outs of college football coaching.

GalliaTribe
JV Team

Post by GalliaTribe »

Your right we did get beat. How come you get upset when someone talks about Pendleton do you have a crush?

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

GalliaTribe wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:25 am

Your right we did get beat. How come you get upset when someone talks about Pendleton do you have a crush?
Your response is about as lame as your team. 2 points LOL

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

frankie wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:37 pm
GalliaTribe wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:25 am

Your response is about as lame as your football program. 2 points LOL

NoCouchCoach
Waterboy

Post by NoCouchCoach »

Just my opinion

Belpre-This is a maybe coach finished 1st year if they keep him he will be on hot seat

Eastern-This is one interesting I’m sure his job is safe but since his kid graduated makes me wonder if coach pat will retire or not

Meigs-Overall record 7-17 in three seasons not what I think Meigs had in mind time to cut ties and move on and if I have to hear a Meigs fan tell me they got cheated all year by the refs I’m going to puke

NoCouchCoach
Waterboy

Post by NoCouchCoach »

slayter wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:13 am
NoCouchCoach wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:43 am Belpre no idea what’s going on there and Meigs that program is in sad shape right now
Meigs just doesn't have much talent outside of Cleland right now. Coach Tennant is one of the best in the area.

Belpre is a total dumpster fire though. It starts with administration
Well I don’t expect the other Cleland kid to be there next year in my opinion they might not have much talent but hard work can be talent if talent doesn’t work hard now that’s not a jab at anyone so don’t take it that way I’m just a firm believer it starts in the weight room and from what I’ve been told weight lifting is optional for the football program if your not going to put in the work your not going to get the results you want either way just like to see this program trend up but only time will tell

NoCouchCoach
Waterboy

Post by NoCouchCoach »

Ballfan69 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:46 am Haha, Meigs has the most talent on this team since the English kid was there. Two boys with d1 offers and plenty of surrounding pieces to go around them. Those kids did the best that they could for themselves. A lot of times when Tennant can’t even read the coverage.
🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️ Not going to disagree on that

Return to “Football”