Anticipated Coaching Vacancies for 2022

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Re: Anticipated Coaching Vacancies for 2022

Post by chrishilton91 »

Meigs is Meigs. NFL influenced everthing when he was there. He helped run off the boys and girls baksetball coaches too. Back stabbed Wiflord and other assistants. And now they say the have the "best offensive mind in the area" but can't win. Can yo say KARMA.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Heard why Meigs got the new line coach from Gallia that assistant coach Carter will be next head coach at Gallia who knows???

PAD
Waterboy

Post by PAD »

another in the running for greatest coach thats never won anything

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

The interesting part of this topic is you can list it by a couple categories, known coaching vacancies and teams that could use a boost to the program to try and turn things around and infuse a new look.

Huntington--will be searching
Greenfield--seen them listed before so assuming they'll be looking

Fresh start teams
Chesapeake--Needs a fresh start

Northwest--Needs a fresh start they're not getting out of those players what they had in JH, which after watching JH play they don't even run the same plays

Beaver Pike--Same offense since they began football with no variation and went from 40 players last year (highest ever) back down to 22/23 area and losing players before they're getting to HS. 1st group of seniors who started with the program graduate this year, 1 or 2 players that's it. Consistently .500 do to schedule

Chillicothe--Simply not competing at a level one would expect given what other teams are in the FAC, they're not reloading they're having to wait for the right group to come along to win for a school that size that shouldn't be the case

Circleville--I don't even know the last time they were relevant.

Gallia--Numbers are declining, play has declined a major boost is needed.

Westfall--Another team that simply hasn't competed in league play for a LONG time and this is SVC play there's no reason they shouldn't at least be pushing that .500 threshold.

Athens--No idea what is going on with this program but it's been pretty bad last few yeas and TVC play is the only thing making it look below average at best

Again there's a lot of schools that could make moves but many are to afraid and just content with the status quo and fielding a team.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

I would add Logan to that list above, they are in same category as Chillicothe in my book, baffling as to why they aren't more relevant given their school size and history.

wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

I'm surprised by questions at Huntington. They seem to be more competitive.

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

Word in the street is that Belpre's coach has been turned into the OHSSA for alledgely recruiting kids from across the river. Texts were sent to them and the super and principal of Belpre frpm theit to Parkersburg players and parents. This is the second time this season!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Abe Froman wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:40 am I would add Logan to that list above, they are in same category as Chillicothe in my book, baffling as to why they aren't more relevant given their school size and history.
I considered adding Logan my only question with them has been how many different coaches have they gone through over the last 3-4 years

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

wrestlefan wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:59 am I'm surprised by questions at Huntington. They seem to be more competitive.
I had heard this was his last season

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

chrishilton91 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:38 pm Meigs is Meigs. NFL influenced everthing when he was there. He helped run off the boys and girls baksetball coaches too. Back stabbed Wiflord and other assistants. And now they say the have the "best offensive mind in the area" but can't win. Can yo say KARMA.
the so called best offensive mind was force to quit during the season

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

Ballfan69 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:46 am Haha, Meigs has the most talent on this team since the English kid was there. Two boys with d1 offers and plenty of surrounding pieces to go around them. Those kids did the best that they could for themselves. A lot of times when Tennant can’t even read the coverage.
to many coaches in the stands. Even at beginning of halftime. Coach parent has to run to the sideline to talk to players and coach them and you wonder why Meigs not winning

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

greygoose wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:42 am
Abe Froman wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:40 am I would add Logan to that list above, they are in same category as Chillicothe in my book, baffling as to why they aren't more relevant given their school size and history.
I considered adding Logan my only question with them has been how many different coaches have they gone through over the last 3-4 years
I believe this is the second year for the current coach and the previous coach was there for 3-4 years (???) so they have had 2 over the last 6-7 years if I am remembering correctly. My guess is they stay put for another year or two. Chillicothe is still an enigma to me, and Athens to some degree but their soccer program seems to be the fall sport draw on athletes.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Geronimo wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:08 pm Heard why Meigs got the new line coach from Gallia that assistant coach Carter will be next head coach at Gallia who knows???
Have you talked to anyone of these people? In talking to Coach Carter don't think he has any interest in being head football coach. Seems to be hoping to do good enough with girls basketball to get a head coaching boys job. Coach that left to go to Meigs in talking to him. his reasons for going to Meigs had really nothing to do with football. All personal as in needed to be a little closer to other things to help make personal life easier.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

If people think they can find a better coach then Coach Penrod. Then i guess they should look for a new coach. But 31-11 record and a 2-3 record against ironton a team we are 6-54 against in last 60 meetings. one conference championship and 3 second place finishes in 5 years. A lot schools would be very happy with that.

That is just from a pedestrian look from outside looking in. I want what is best for the kids if a new coach is best then the school should look for one. I would just be afraid that what you get may not measure up to what you have. There definitely needs to be staff changes if the head coach stays or goes. With the athletic director no longer at high school this team really has no one associated with team or athletics at the high school. I think from a staff point of view that needs to change. Also with out going into details there are coaches on this staff not mature enough to be on this staff. Has nothing to do with fact they might be great coaches and great people but might be a little to interested in Drama then being part of staff and building team chemistry.

By that i mean if your not 100% on board with direction of team and coaching job being done. Either quit or keep your mouth shut during season and talk about your disagreements after the season or at least keep your disagreements in house during season and address it with other coaches. Not with parents and members of community. After season absolutely talk about whatever you want with whoever.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Just what i heard that's why I said who knows ???

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

83 wish he did stick to football because the girls program might be in worst trouble ??? Jmo

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

greygoose wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:29 am The interesting part of this topic is you can list it by a couple categories, known coaching vacancies and teams that could use a boost to the program to try and turn things around and infuse a new look.

Fresh start teams

Northwest--Needs a fresh start they're not getting out of those players what they had in JH, which after watching JH play they don't even run the same plays

Beaver Pike--Same offense since they began football with no variation and went from 40 players last year (highest ever) back down to 22/23 area and losing players before they're getting to HS. 1st group of seniors who started with the program graduate this year, 1 or 2 players that's it. Consistently .500 do to schedule

Chillicothe--Simply not competing at a level one would expect given what other teams are in the FAC, they're not reloading they're having to wait for the right group to come along to win for a school that size that shouldn't be the case

Westfall--Another team that simply hasn't competed in league play for a LONG time and this is SVC play there's no reason they shouldn't at least be pushing that .500 threshold.

Athens--No idea what is going on with this program but it's been pretty bad last few yeas and TVC play is the only thing making it look below average at best

Again there's a lot of schools that could make moves but many are to afraid and just content with the status quo and fielding a team.
If Huntington is looking for a coach, SE has won 1 game the last two seasons and down to under 20 kids. Program is in trouble with both talent and numbers...

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:19 pm
greygoose wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:29 am The interesting part of this topic is you can list it by a couple categories, known coaching vacancies and teams that could use a boost to the program to try and turn things around and infuse a new look.

Fresh start teams

If Huntington is looking for a coach, SE has won 1 game the last two seasons and down to under 20 kids. Program is in trouble with both talent and numbers...
Yeah that was going to happen with SE once Ruby left they were in for a drought. They had a nice 8th grade group last year and 35 or so in junior high, so can't write the coach off yet. No one wanted that job because this was going to happen regardless. Only thing I've heard with Huntington is Keller was leaving.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

greygoose wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:25 pm
MadeInRossCounty wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:19 pm

Fresh start teams

Yeah that was going to happen with SE once Ruby left they were in for a drought. They had a nice 8th grade group last year and 35 or so in junior high, so can't write the coach off yet. No one wanted that job because this was going to happen regardless. Only thing I've heard with Huntington is Keller was leaving.
Do you think Keller is going to coach somewhere else?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Honestly no idea, probably would depend on what is available.

Return to “Football”