Region 19:playoff scenario

hammer89
Freshman Team

Re: Region 19:playoff scenario

Post by hammer89 »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:02 pm
hammer89 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:30 pm
scott1297 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:24 pm

Whitehall yearling looked very bad in this video so imo still doesn't really give me an idea how good harvest prep is.
Agreed Whitehall looked rough. Don’t think you will be able to tell much about Prep this week either. No offense to Northwest. Prep beat Ready by 3 TD’s and Ridgewood plays them Saturday so that might be a little bit of a gauge. Preps loss in Week 9 to a very mediocre Licking Heights team is a bit puzzling also.
Jennings didn’t play vs LH and they had another key player out as well for that game.

One’s welcome to draw their own conclusions on the LH loss in light of that.
I thought maybe they were missing some key players later in the season. Hopefully they are healthy for the playoffs.

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

JohnBlaze33 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:48 pm
fielddaddy wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:11 pm be interesting how Ironton runs it's offense with Carpenter out.
QB 2 showed some nice passing in the Portsmouth game and the running game will be need his passing to open up the play action.
Before Carpenters return qb2 for Ironton had around 2td passes and 8 picks. He forced 3 long balls into double coverage against portsmouth but they didnt capitalize. He will try to force things. Its been in his nature all season. Wont matter much for the 1st game, but after that.......defenses know this. Load the box make qb2 throw the ball, & the mistakes will begin to pile up.
QB 2 came in and ran the offence pretty well he did leading Ironton from a 9-0 deficit.
I wouldn't count the Tigers out this is a good team that knows what it takes to win

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

JohnBlaze33 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:32 pm
TigerMania wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:08 pm
JohnBlaze33 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:51 pm

Ironton will be there at the end. 3 reasons.

1. Offensive line
2. Defense
3. Depth
Both parties are correct. Those 3 reasons are very true.

Region leaders
1. Ironton
2. Ridgewood
3. Harvest Prep
4. Burg
5. Piketon

Pretty accurate although unpopular opinion, Im not sold on piketon at all. I think they are suspect.
Ironton/Prep/Ridgewood

Portsmouth/Burg

Piketon is in the caliber of West(when they show up) Minford (Same as west even with the early season loss to piketon)

I agree with you. Not sold at all. Had to put some space between Piketon and the higher tier because there is a distinct difference between Piketon and Burg/Portsmouth

I will root for Piketon but it’s not my home school so no favoritism shown. I want Piketon to represent well and hope they make it to where they can play long enough into the playoffs to prove me wrong.

No Way they are ahead of Portsmouth even being undefeated.

gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

I think Ridgewood wins the region. But ironton or prep winning it wouldn't be a shocker. But as usual no one is beating Kirtland.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

I like Kirtland by 20+ in state semis and finals, Versailles over R19, and Prep favored to win R19. They seem to be trailing off a bit but have best draw by far. Ridgewood and Wheelersburg both have to win three games against top competition, asking a lot.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

gobucs20 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:54 am I think Ridgewood wins the region. But ironton or prep winning it wouldn't be a shocker. But as usual no one is beating Kirtland.
Watched the Ridgewood v. Garaway game and Tingle looks like he might be 70-75% at best…still dangerous but not nearly the zip on his throws from the past two years.

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

LetsBeReal wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:46 am
JohnBlaze33 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:32 pm
TigerMania wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:08 pm

Both parties are correct. Those 3 reasons are very true.

Region leaders
1. Ironton
2. Ridgewood
3. Harvest Prep
4. Burg
5. Piketon

Pretty accurate although unpopular opinion, Im not sold on piketon at all. I think they are suspect.
Ironton/Prep/Ridgewood

Portsmouth/Burg

Piketon is in the caliber of West(when they show up) Minford (Same as west even with the early season loss to piketon)

I agree with you. Not sold at all. Had to put some space between Piketon and the higher tier because there is a distinct difference between Piketon and Burg/Portsmouth

I will root for Piketon but it’s not my home school so no favoritism shown. I want Piketon to represent well and hope they make it to where they can play long enough into the playoffs to prove me wrong.

Might need to use your name as your guide so let’s be real

Piketon
Waverly
Portsmouth
All same tier

They all play 10 times you get a different winner every night

Ironton only team that is “different” in this part of the state. They are just good at recruiting so take that program for what it’s worth also. Anyone can put together an all star team if they aren’t worried about the rules

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

hbk1999 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:49 am
JohnBlaze33 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:32 pm .

Ironton/Prep/Ridgewood

Portsmouth/Burg

Might need to use your name as your guide so let’s be real

Piketon
Waverly
Portsmouth
All same tier

They all play 10 times you get a different winner every night

Ironton only team that is “different” in this part of the state. They are just good at recruiting so take that program for what it’s worth also. Anyone can put together an all star team if they aren’t worried about the rules
Laughable at best. Ceiling for Portsmouth and Waverly much higher.
Piketon got Minford at their worst. Minford transformed throughout the season. So did West and Portsmouth. Minford crapped the bed against Waverly.

BigOof
Waterboy

Post by BigOof »

JohnBlaze33 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:47 pm
JohnBlaze33 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:32 pm .

Ironton/Prep/Ridgewood

Portsmouth/Burg

Agree 100%
I saw the Piketon/Portsmouth 7 on 7 and Piketon didn't look anywhere near Portsmouth. I think that they DEFINITELY improved before the season and even more so as the season went on. I also know that it was a lil 7 on 7 2 weeks before the season and everything, but I'm not ready to put them next to Portsmouth. They are definitely close but not really there.

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

I have seen all 3 of them live. My statement is very accurate

7 on 7 is a joke. Who bases their evaluation on a 7 on 7 before the season. Good lord, this forum is amazing

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

All of the top 8 teams move forward except for Zane Trace who lost to Portsmouth. Thoughts on week 12 matchups?

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:14 pm All of the top 8 teams move forward except for Zane Trace who lost to Portsmouth. Thoughts on week 12 matchups?
Harvest prep over Amanda clearcreek, ridgewood over burg, Columbus academy over Piketon and I hope Portsmouth over ironton

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
CFB1
Riding the Bench

Post by CFB1 »

Should be some good ones. Looking forward to Wood/Burg. Tingle and Ridgewood offense definitely had their best overall game since before his injury. I think AC/Prep could be closer than people think. Piketon/Academy looks to be pretty even, maybe slight edge to Academy. And Portsmouth proved they could play with Ironton for at least a half.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:30 pm
SciotoCfootball wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:14 pm All of the top 8 teams move forward except for Zane Trace who lost to Portsmouth. Thoughts on week 12 matchups?
Harvest prep over Amanda clearcreek, ridgewood over burg, Columbus academy over Piketon and I hope Portsmouth over ironton
I agree with Harvest Prep and Col. Academy winning. I read where someone mentioned Tingle to only be at 70-75% so that game may be more of a toss up than people think. Looking forward to the rematch with Ironton!! Trojans are capable of beating them.. bring it all together for 4 qtrs leaving it all on the field and take over the #1 seed.

thAGE
Waterboy

Post by thAGE »

This will be CA first game on grass and historically they don’t play well on it. Add in wet and cold Saturday night too. Piketon advances to week 13.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

thAGE wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:01 am This will be CA first game on grass and historically they don’t play well on it. Add in wet and cold Saturday night too. Piketon advances to week 13.
Piketon has a new turf field I thought?

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

Piketon has turf.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Piketon definitely has turf just watched the coshocton game

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Calbear
Waterboy

Post by Calbear »

Ironton/Ridgewood/A-C/Cols Academy
Ironton/A-C
A-C

Return to “Football”