OVC Chip Portsmouth @ Ironton who you got

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Re: OVC Chip Portsmouth @ Ironton who you got

Post by SciotoCfootball »

trojandave wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:58 am Congratulations to the OVC champion Ironton Fighting Tigers........they were the better team and it showed in the 2nd half. The IFT defense is every bit as good as advertised.....and that is why I think IHS wins Region 19. I don't think any team in the Region will be able to score enough vs. that D. Ironton also showed the ability to hit passes downfield, which will be important if they face a team that can stuff their very good running attack.

To our Trojans......VERY PROUD OF YOUR EFFORT!!......7-3 and playoff bound (4th consecutive season in the postseason, a school record). The fumble at the 1 yard line just before the half completely turned the game around. Ironton came out in the 2nd half and competely dominated the line of scrimmage, which I felt going in was going to be the difference in the game.

Hopefully both QB's Drew Roe of PHS and Aiden Carpenter of IHS can come back from their injuries, if not right away, then at some point for other sports they might want to play. I know Drew has started in basketball since his freshman year.

After winning only 30 games total from 2008--2017, Portsmouth football has taken a big turn upward. Credit to Coach Kalb and his staff for making Trojan football competitive again. We're not on the level of Ironton yet, but it sure beats those dismal 10 years of losing football with no playoffs.

GO TROJANS IN THE PLAYOFFS!!
Spot on 👌 I second everything he said.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

The adjustments ironton made in the 2nd half completely wore Portsmouth down. It was ugly that 2nd half. Defense biting on pump fakes. Receivers wide open. Tiger defense is really good. Looks like If Portsmouth beats Zane trace and ironton wins vs wellston which pretty much everyone thinks will happen it’s back to the tank week 12. Portsmouth was very confident that first half and it showed in the gameplay. I think that went away about midway of the 3rd. M proud to be a Trojan fan and hope both players are not injured. Heard the Trojan center has a concussion? Not sure how true.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Just seen a post saying Carpenter broke his ankle in several spots. Absolutely hate that..

Return to “Football”