OVC Chip Portsmouth @ Ironton who you got

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Re: OVC Chip Portsmouth @ Ironton who you got

Post by SciotoCfootball »

BigOof wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:04 am
SciotoCfootball wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:43 pm
BuckeyeBlood wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:36 pm

Roe and the Trojans beat Ironton in 2018 his freshman year. He wasn’t the starter (should’ve been imo) but he was the backup and apart of the team. The Trojans had to win that game to sneak into the playoffs. Horrible first half. The lights at the coliseum went off. Came back on it was a whole new game. Portsmouth won 35-28 I believe.
True but thats not the same if you ask me. Id say he doesnt view his freshman year like he does the years he's been the starter. If you didnt play the majority or at least half of a game you cant really say that you have beat that team before.. JMO
Idk what that is supposed to mean. He was definitely a part of the team and he played in the game and helped get the win. May not have been at QB but he did his part in one hell of a game. Ask anyone on that team, he and the other freshman on the 2018 team were a part of the team. The trojans were steamrolling the tigers even before the lights went out. They probably made a huge mistake stomping on the trojan head during warmups. I thought Ironton was supposed to have class, that move was not.
Wasnt here that year, didnt think he played much or at all his freshman year. Not saying freshman arent apart of the team, was just stating personally if I didnt play much or at all against a team in a specific game I wouldnt say I beat that team and that applies for any grade. Not that deep.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I’ll give Ironton the edge at home….most of their big games at home this season, or maybe all.

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

I have probably seen more Ironton Portsmouth games than anyone on SEOPS mainly due to age. There is one thing that I found that you can do with this game that differs from most. Forget what has happened in past games. This is one that will be determined by the team who takes care of that oblong thing they call a football. Turnovers and penalties will usually be the deciding factor. This is the one game I look forward to every year.

Dragonsbreath12
Riding the Bench

Post by Dragonsbreath12 »

Going to skip Fairland-Peake for this one. The OVC use to be so competitive. Its become one of the saddest conferences. Most of the games you already know the outcome before they begin.

Hope this turns out to be a good one.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Dragonsbreath12 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:11 am Going to skip Fairland-Peake for this one. The OVC use to be so competitive. Its become one of the saddest conferences. Most of the games you already know the outcome before they begin.

Hope this turns out to be a good one.
Peake down really bad. Fairlands Jv would win that game. Fairland by 35 or more. I don’t blame you for going to ironton/ Portsmouth instead

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

I still believe in Portsmouth. This is a game that Portsmouth wants badly. I’m not saying Ironton ever overlooks anyone especially at this point in the season but If Portsmouth comes out hungry and as a team I look for D-MURDER-Roe to have a legendary performance.

Good Luck!

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Minford fan here, not a dog in the fight but I have Ironton 28, Portsmouth 21.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Trojans have a lot of weapons, if the line gives Roe time Ironton will see more weapons than they are accustomed to. Time to get a mean streak up front boys. Key to the game imo.

Who Dey!
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I really don’t see Ironton losing this game unless the turnovers and penalties decide to have a family reunion this Friday. I’m saying 34-19 Ironton it’s tough putting up points on this defense consistently

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Ironton walk all over the Trojans. Portsmouth really has played no one of consequence and loss to a average Waverly team, if Wheelersburg beat Waverly then Tigers not all that good. Fairland handed the Trojans another loss. So there biggest win was who,West,Valley, Dear Park, Chesapeake, South Point, Coal Grove and Rock Hill does any of these teams strike fear in you, afraid not in my view. Ironton 42 Portsmouth 7

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Portsmouth sits at no better than 10th in region and will be 7-3 and cling to a top 16 spot, that just plain numbers. until Portsmouth can win a game of magnitude that really matters, they will go back to the Portsmouth Coliseum watching there 13-16 computer standing next week. Ironton really is over rated overall but still above these OVC teams. Irontons defense will manhandle the Trojans and the line will cakewalk all overall the Trojans

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Prime Time wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:00 pm Portsmouth sits at no better than 10th in region and will be 7-3 and cling to a top 16 spot, that just plain numbers. until Portsmouth can win a game of magnitude that really matters, they will go back to the Portsmouth Coliseum watching there 13-16 computer standing next week. Ironton really is over rated overall but still above these OVC teams. Irontons defense will manhandle the Trojans and the line will cakewalk all overall the Trojans

Good lord that was tough to read. Your grammar is horrendous, and your knowledge of football is laughable. Waverly is an above average team who has been plagued by injuries. They lost to an above average Wheelersburg team. I’m not a Burg supporter, but if anyone truly thinks Burg wouldn’t give Ironton a much better game if they played again is solely an idiot. Fairland took Ironton to OT. Fairland won on a muddy field by 1. Neither of those losses for Portsmouth are bad. Fairland also happens to be an above average team. Portsmouth isn’t clinging to making the top 16. They could have went 6-4 and comfortably still made it in. The Trojans with a loss at Ironton will likely be no worse than 12. Maybe you don’t know how the points work? I don’t really myself but you seem absolutely lost. I do agree that Ironton will beat the Trojans. I’m not sure it will be 42-7. I’d be shocked if Portsmouth only scored 7. Is Ironton’s defense legit? Absolutely they are, but 7 seems like a reach. You closed your post after talking up Ironton by saying they are overrated. That also happens to be an idiotic statement. Once again anyone with an ounce of football knowledge can see Ironton isn’t overrated. I’m unsure if you’re a teenager or just stupid. Either way you should probably delete your account. Good grief buddy!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Prime Time wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:54 pm Ironton walk all over the Trojans. Portsmouth really has played no one of consequence and loss to a average Waverly team, if Wheelersburg beat Waverly then Tigers not all that good. Fairland handed the Trojans another loss. So there biggest win was who,West,Valley, Dear Park, Chesapeake, South Point, Coal Grove and Rock Hill does any of these teams strike fear in you, afraid not in my view. Ironton 42 Portsmouth 7
Who has ironton beat? Burg week 1 at home with 5 turnovers given to them. Beat fairland in ot and let’s face it, without a miracle, would of lost to Jackson.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I’m a Trojan fan and ironton is not overrated. They are giving up 7 points a game and has allowed 3 touchdowns in a game 2 times since 2019. One being Kirtland in the state finals last year. The Trojans line will have to play mean and give roe time. Streaks come to a end and I hope Portsmouth wins but when people say a team is overrated is silly. Even with 2 losses they made back to back state finals and beat good teams to get there. Skill positions I think they match up evenly but the lines have to go to the tigers. Special teams tigers get the edge. Trojans have a great group of seniors and I’m rooting for them.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Buckeyeman11
Waterboy

Post by Buckeyeman11 »

Anyone know where Duncan has been for Ironton? He hasn’t been on the sideline the last two games.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

wobycat wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:20 pm
Prime Time wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:54 pm Ironton walk all over the Trojans. Portsmouth really has played no one of consequence and loss to a average Waverly team, if Wheelersburg beat Waverly then Tigers not all that good. Fairland handed the Trojans another loss. So there biggest win was who,West,Valley, Dear Park, Chesapeake, South Point, Coal Grove and Rock Hill does any of these teams strike fear in you, afraid not in my view. Ironton 42 Portsmouth 7
Who has ironton beat? Burg week 1 at home with 5 turnovers given to them. Beat fairland in ot and let’s face it, without a miracle, would of lost to Jackson.
Who has Ironton beat?

/lists three teams Ironton has beaten

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TigerBob wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:59 pm
wobycat wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:20 pm
Who has Ironton beat?

/lists three teams Ironton has beaten
Stay in context of original post which was claiming Portsmouth not to be as good because of the lackluster wins. Same can be said of the tigers

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Well the theme of the original post was “Portsmouth’s wins come against average teams” and you came back with “Ironton has beaten three teams.” A couple of those wins were indeed close, including scratching out a 40-6 win against Wheelersburg.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Well Ironton did beat Burg and would or will b eat them in a rematch, Jackson gave Ironton the win, Fairland should of won that game so in my opinion Tigers for this league and in Southern Ohio is good but when the Bus leaves Lawrence and Scioto County, it’s a long ride back. I stand by a 40 something to 7 win for Tigers in Ironton.Looking back on Portsmouth schedules when was the last time they really won a game against a highly ranked team.. a decade ago maybe or longer, I would say Tigers is the back to back to back OVC champs.

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

Ironton beat Burg without their number one QB to.
Beat Jackson without QB! and Fairland.
Lost to Moeller after a tough game but gained respect from it.
Portsmouth is having a great year no one can say they are not but so is Ironton and their defense and improved offense.
I pick Ironton to win because I believe Ironton can control the line of scrimmage and they are far better on Defense this year.
And as far as beating Burg I'm sure Ironton had nothing to do with those 5 turnovers.
Ironton turned the ball over 3 times against Gallia and still won big so it wasn't the turnovers that crushed Burg alone it was a good Ironton team to.

Return to “Football”