OVC Chip Portsmouth @ Ironton who you got

Kicker.
All Conference

Re: OVC Chip Portsmouth @ Ironton who you got

Post by Kicker. »

The unstoppable force of Portsmouth’s offense vs the immovable object that is the Ironton defense. Game should be a dandy rooting for Portsmouth as a Waverly fan however I think Ironton takes it contains this high powered offense
Ironton 31 Portsmouth 13
Also is this one of the longest running series in the state?

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I'll take Ironton in this one.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Portsmouth is in the playoffs no matter what happens Friday night, and the Trojans will be a very tough out because of their offensive prowess. Playing Ironton the last game of the regular season will actually help PHS prepare for the postseason going against a rugged defense like the Fighting Tigers have.

GO TROJANS!! BEAT IRONTON!!

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

kicker: Jason Vorhees listed this series as 61-60-7 in favor of Ironton. Even though it is a very old series, two series that are older are Troy--Piqua and Massillon--Canton McKinley. I believe Troy--Piqua is the longest running series in Ohio.

Taylormade
Freshman Team

Post by Taylormade »

Leave it a Burg Moderator to try and replay the Burg/Ironton game on a Portsmouth/Ironton thread.
Gonna be a nice test for the Tigers. That said I think the Tigers win by 2 Tds.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Taylormade wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:14 pm Leave it a Burg Moderator to try and replay the Burg/Ironton game on a Portsmouth/Ironton thread.
Last week = Wheelersburg OC fired. Discuss it on the Wheelersburg/Valley thread? NO WAY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE GAME!

This week = Ironton vs Portsmouth - transfers and a running clock win from two months ago have everything to do with the game! Discuss away!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TigerBob wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:36 pm
Taylormade wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:14 pm Leave it a Burg Moderator to try and replay the Burg/Ironton game on a Portsmouth/Ironton thread.
Last week = Wheelersburg OC fired. Discuss it on the Wheelersburg/Valley thread? NO WAY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE GAME!

This week = Ironton vs Portsmouth - transfers and a running clock win from two months ago have everything to do with the game! Discuss away!
Perhaps ironton fans should stay in the lane first, taking pop shots at burg on the thread when they can. Start and follow the thread at the beginning. You will see what I’m talking about. It started with Portsmouth being weak based on hanging with Waverly.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

wobycat wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:43 pm

Perhaps ironton fans should stay in the lane first, taking pop shots at burg on the thread when they can. Start and follow the thread at the beginning. You will see what I’m talking about. It started with Portsmouth being weak based on hanging with Waverly.
Take your own advice, you bring up Burg in an Ironton thread then cry foul.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

frankie wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:48 pm

Go back and follow the thread. I was defending Portsmouth. Ironton fan turned it into a debate. Posters don’t have to reply.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

trojandave wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:13 pm kicker: Jason Vorhees listed this series as 61-60-7 in favor of Ironton. Even though it is a very old series, two series that are older are Troy--Piqua and Massillon--Canton McKinley. I believe Troy--Piqua is the longest running series in Ohio.

thank you did not know Troy Piqua was longest running knew that Massillon McKinley had been played for a while. Very cool to see Portsmouth Ironton as one of the longest running ever

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Should be a great atmosphere Friday night at the Tank. Ironton 8-1, Portsmouth 7-2, senior night. Should be a packed house, standing room only possibly? Weather looks good. No rain, high for Friday is 62 as of now. So will likely be in the 50’s at kickoff. Could even get a bit chilly. Hoping for a great game!

Who Dey!
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

JohnBlaze33 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:28 pm
MrFirstTake wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:58 am
JohnBlaze33 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:35 am

I think everyone wants to see THIS offense be consistent. Meaning being productive & finishing against teams like Jackson or Portsmouth like they produce & finish against Coal Grove. We haven't seen that yet. So everything is open to question. Same goes for anyone. It's a fair question. It's not slander or based just on who ya rooting for or where any loyalty is. So whats the issue?
What I’m saying is no team in this region has done that against good competition so what’s the issue like I said you take any team in southeastern Ohio’s starting Qb out they don’t come out of those games 3-1 take what you want from it piketon Ridgewood and Harvest Prep are the top 4 teams take the starting Qb off the field those teams are not winning 3/4 of those games
Tbh I think Ridgewood routs Fairland & beats Jackson by 14+ on about any night.
Think what you want that same team you’re so high on has mustered 21 points in 8 quarters of football against Ironton and unfortunately for them they won’t be playing Fairland or Jackson.

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Taylormade
Freshman Team

Post by Taylormade »

wobycat wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:50 pm
frankie wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:48 pm

Go back and follow the thread. I was defending Portsmouth. Ironton fan turned it into a debate. Posters don’t have to reply.
How do you know it was an Ironton poster,could have been from a user with multiple accounts?

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

wobycat wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:46 am
fielddaddy wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:32 pm Ironton beat Burg without their number one QB to.
Beat Jackson without QB! and Fairland.
Lost to Moeller after a tough game but gained respect from it.
Portsmouth is having a great year no one can say they are not but so is Ironton and their defense and improved offense.
I pick Ironton to win because I believe Ironton can control the line of scrimmage and they are far better on Defense this year.
And as far as beating Burg I'm sure Ironton had nothing to do with those 5 turnovers.
Ironton turned the ball over 3 times against Gallia and still won big so it wasn't the turnovers that crushed Burg alone it was a good Ironton team to.
QB 1 has the luxury of using valleys best player on the outside and burgs former QB 1 on the other side. He also has the luxury of handing it to transfer from Mississippi.

Ironton had the pick six from an under thrown ball by burgs QB 2. We could say that burg didn’t have their QB1 and that’s why they got a pick six.

Also Gallia lost to coal grove. Not a win to brag about especially when Gallia fields 22 players with 11 being underclassmen
You talk about Transfers on Ironton's team more than anyone else on here wobycat.
Burg is no innocent virgin when it comes to transfers and as far as the wr and rb from MS. both moved to Ironton.
What is Ironton to do say thank you for moving here but you can't play any sports sorry for your luck but you know how unhappy people get when I child wants to play for winners.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Weather is supposed to be pretty good , nice cool evening for football.

Hoping to see a good high school football game with no injuries going into the plsy offs.

Go Trojans!!

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Weak conference, Ironton will take Portsmouth to the woodshed and shutdown anything Portsmouth try’s. At least a 3 peat in OVC for the Tigers.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Fort Fryes bus travels better than the Tiger bus also. at least the wheels don’t fall off once they are out of there County.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Middle school teams is correct, OVC is loaded with them. Ironton @at least has played stiffer teams, Portsmouth has played West, Valley, Deer Park, Rock Hill, Coal Grove, South Point ; Chesapeake , not a stellar group there. Fairland , Waverly in the big picture are average at best for Southern Ohio. Ironton is the Moeller of Southern Ohio.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

My rankings would be
1 Jackson , I still consider Jackson won the Ironton game
2 Ironton
2Fairland tie for 2
4 Waverly
5 Portsmouth
6 Wheelersburg
7Minford
Last edited by Prime Time on Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Good analysis.

Return to “Football”