OVC Chip Portsmouth @ Ironton who you got

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Re: OVC Chip Portsmouth @ Ironton who you got

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Prime Time wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:38 pm Middle school teams is correct, OVC is loaded with them. Ironton @at least has played stiffer teams, Portsmouth has played West, Valley, Deer Park, Rock Hill, Coal Grove, South Point ; Chesapeake , not a stellar group there. Fairland , Waverly in the big picture are average at best for Southern Ohio. Ironton is the Moeller of Southern Ohio.
The more I read from you, I’m beginning to think you might be slow. You’ve contradicted yourself numerous times. One post you’re high on Ironton, they are the Moeller of southern Ohio. But the next post Jackson is your number 1 team, ahead of Ironton who beat Jackson, but in your mind for some reason the kick return must not have happened. Saying Fairland and Waverly are average at best for southern Ohio is laughable. But yet some how they both made your goofy rankings. You do realize for our area Fairland and Waverly can play with just about anyone right? I’m thinking maybe you have no idea what you’re even on about. You need to make a decision and stick with it. Ironton are world beaters or overrated. You can’t say both.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

They’re not world beaters by any means and I think they’re overrated. OVC is nothing to brag about

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Jackson was better team period.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Some of you guys are very very sad humans trying to take Wins off of teams schedule to make your narrative sound good it’s plain SAD!! Let me get this straight Ironton gets punished for playing until the last whistle against Jackson like every coach that you ever played for has told you to do and they get punished???
Last edited by MrFirstTake on Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

If Ironton doesn’t win every game by 50 the offense will come back to bite them and if they don’t win by 100 their offense is trash and the schedule sucks

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

Prime Time wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:46 pm Jackson was better team period.
The better team, Ironton, won and without their starting qb. Period.

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

And why is that because they lost.
Because they should have been beat by Wheelersburg and scraped out a win,
or just because your a hater who just don't like Ironton.
My guess is because you have no team to be proud of and just want to hate period

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Seems like some haven’t heard the saying of the better team didn’t win but the team that didn’t give up did. Ironton did that against Jackson. And for the Fairland game they didn’t give up they still won. Blows my mind how people critique wins no matter how they happen i would rather win ugly than lose pretty

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

JohnBlaze33 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:48 pm
MrFirstTake wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:49 pm If Ironton doesn’t win every game by 50 the offense will come back to bite them and if they don’t win by 100 their offense is trash and the schedule sucks
Ridiculous. Get out ya feelings. You can root on your team at the game yea? This is a discussion. And in back to back to back weeks at home Irontons offense sputtered against a mediocre d3 and a d6 ovc team. All we have seen em able to sustain drives and produce points on are south point, peake, rh, coal grove, ga, school of the blind, etc etc. You can be confident they CAN do it against good teams but it doesn't change the fact that we have not seen it yet and its a fair question that currently surrounds this team. Like it or not. Tuck ya bottom lip son. You'll be ok.
Lmao I’ve heard this for 3 years now 🤣 like I said can you give me an example of a team that you watch who just runs it up on good teams every week??? I’m seriously curious??? What team are you watching week in and week out beating top ranked teams and the offense is unstoppable
Last edited by MrFirstTake on Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

MrFirstTake wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:49 pm If Ironton doesn’t win every game by 50 the offense will come back to bite them and if they don’t win by 100 their offense is trash and the schedule sucks
Ridiculous. Get out ya feelings. You can root on your team at the game yea? This is a discussion. And in back to back to back weeks at home Irontons offense sputtered against a mediocre d3 and a d6 ovc team. All we have seen em able to sustain drives and produce points on are south point, peake, rh, coal grove, ga, school of the blind, etc etc. You can be confident they CAN do it against good teams but it doesn't change the fact that we have not seen it yet and its a fair question that currently surrounds this team. Like it or not. Tuck ya bottom lip son. You'll be ok.
And I’m not in my feelings little guy just tired of seeing stupid things said on here who cares i state facts… Facts are Irontons first 4 opponents are 27-8 facts The weak conference you speak of had two teams who were in regional championships last year and are 8-1 now facts. Ironton has controlled the game against Ridgewood in back to back regional finals a team who nobody could hold under 50 for multiple years in a row (to me if you never trail in the game you controlled it). You telling me jackson and Fairland are mediocre is an opinion.
Last edited by MrFirstTake on Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Until playoffs are over we won’t know.

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

Ironton 17 Portsmouth 14 .. hoping it is as good as the ML and CH2O was last week.

84Dragon
JV Team

Post by 84Dragon »

Ironton will win it . Once the playoffs start , Ironton wont get very far .

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

JohnBlaze33 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:38 pm
MrFirstTake wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:32 pm

Lmao I’ve heard this for 3 years now 🤣 like I said can you give me an example of a team that you watch who just runs it up on good teams every week??? I’m seriously curious??? What team are you watching week in and week out beating top ranked teams and the offense is unstoppable
Kirtland darn near hung 40 on Ironton. Toto wasn't in the ovc anymore was he? 😂 That's all that matters my guy. Goosegg? That's not by accident. Irontons offense starts to sputter in the post season. We haven't seen it flourish against a good team yet. There's gonna be questions because it's an issue that lingers for Ironton teams in the post season. Offense sputters, defense gets overwhelmed trying to shoulder the burden and eventually makes mistakes. Big play here. Big play there. We have seen it before. Good news is we will start gettin more clarity starting friday.

I like Ironton FINALLY joining 2021 & running tempo and playing fast. Hope it continues. Real good to see. If they can execute like that vs good teams & w that defense... WATCH OUT.
Johnny 20 user names - Ironton has won 9 playoff games over the last two years. In state semi final games, they have scored 49 and 22. If your standard for sputtering is “They don’t beat Kirtland!!” then all but 20 or so teams in the state across all divisions have a bad offense, because Kirtland is a juggernaut that nobody is beating right now, at least in the smaller divisions.

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

Prime Time wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:33 pm Fort Fryes bus travels better than the Tiger bus also. at least the wheels don’t fall off once they are out of there County.
is it a full size bus?

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

when you say Jackson is a mediocre D3 and Fairland is mediocre D6 team, could you name all the “great” D3 and D6 teams in Southern Ohio? I’ll wait

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Kirtland darn near hung 40 on Ironton. Toto wasn't in the ovc anymore was he? 😂 That's all that matters my guy. Goosegg? That's not by accident. Irontons offense starts to sputter in the post season. We haven't seen it flourish against a good team yet. There's gonna be questions because it's an issue that lingers for Ironton teams in the post season. Offense sputters, defense gets overwhelmed trying to shoulder the burden and eventually makes mistakes. Big play here. Big play there. We have seen it before. Good news is we will start gettin more clarity starting friday.

I like Ironton FINALLY joining 2021 & running tempo and playing fast. Hope it continues. Real good to see. If they can execute like that vs good teams & w that defense... WATCH OUT.
So what about Ironton making every potent offense they play sputter that doesn’t matter at all does it? So just so we’re clear ironton goes to back to back state championships beating the best teams in their region and other regions but the offense is bad because Kirtland blanked them only 1 team? I guess someone hasn’t figured out the deeper you go in the playoffs the defenses get better and the games are usually lower scoring but maybe I’m dumb for saying that?

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

TigerBob wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:27 am

Johnny 20 user names - Ironton has won 9 playoff games over the last two years. In state semi final games, they have scored 49 and 22. If your standard for sputtering is “They don’t beat Kirtland!!” then all but 20 or so teams in the state across all divisions have a bad offense, because Kirtland is a juggernaut that nobody is beating right now, at least in the smaller divisions.
Not just smaller divisions either I would love to see Kirtland against The D3 champs I bet they could win 2 divisions up idc what anybody tells me teams executes at way too high of a level to ever not have a chance with anyone

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

fielddaddy wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:23 pm
And why is that because they lost.
Because they should have been beat by Wheelersburg and scraped out a win,
or just because your a hater who just don't like Ironton.
My guess is because you have no team to be proud of and just want to hate period
Jackson should’ve been beaten by Wheelersburg?

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

JohnBlaze33 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:08 am
MrFirstTake wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:26 am

So what about Ironton making every potent offense they play sputter that doesn’t matter at all does it? So just so we’re clear ironton goes to back to back state championships beating the best teams in their region and other regions but the offense is bad because Kirtland blanked them only 1 team? I guess someone hasn’t figured out the deeper you go in the playoffs the defenses get better and the games are usually lower scoring but maybe I’m dumb for saying that?
Hmm. Is that why they needeed overtime at home vs a d6 ovc team? 👀

I wonder if Ridgewood & Prep & Versailles or Kirtland would need OT at home vs a mediocre d6 team?
It doesn’t matter because none of those teams would beat ironton except Kirtland like I said we will see I’ve heard this same stuff you say now before. I’ll give you Kirtland they are a machine and nobody will beat them

Return to “Football”