OVC Chip Portsmouth @ Ironton who you got

MrFirstTake
SE

Re: OVC Chip Portsmouth @ Ironton who you got

Post by MrFirstTake »

Those other teams need to get over the ironton hump like Ironton does Kirtland maybe not Versailles but we beat the team that won their Region two years in a row with a stagnant offense more facts to your opinion??

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
RR 78
Waterboy

Post by RR 78 »

Ironton 28 Portsmouth 0. Ironton defense is the best Portsmouth will face all year playoffs included. Ironton offense is at full strength. The Tank will be packed as it should be.

cptcbus
Waterboy

Post by cptcbus »

The idea that being a good team in seo is somehow not impressive belies reality. A seo team has made it to the state finals three of the last four years. There are 497 schools in Ohio that play football and only 14 make to the finals each year. To be there 3 of the last four years is very good.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Maybe this thread should be changed to critique Ironton thread? How about mediocre southern Ohio teams? Perhaps Jackson should have won? PrimeTime expertise? JohnBlaze’s superior opinion?

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

JohnBlaze33 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:38 pm
BuckeyeBlood wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:36 pm Maybe this thread should be changed to critique Ironton thread? How about mediocre southern Ohio teams? Perhaps Jackson should have won? PrimeTime expertise? JohnBlaze’s superior opinion?
How about thumpin our chest because we blew out the school of the blind? 😂😂😂
Just seems silly to talk about all of this on a thread for Ironton & Portsmouth. Maybe same game analysis, more predictions or basically anything besides the last 2 pages.

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

It’s obvious this guy or girl is a troll with several screen names. They are allowed to hang around as click bait. They hijack every IHS thread. To continue to compare IHS week 2 to IHS week 10 makes zero sense, IHS is now much more balanced and seem to be hitting their stride.

None of us will be able to reason with this individual because they are simply here to stir the pot. I imagine they sit and laugh at the crap they type and the response they receive.

Let’s try not to feed this troll and maybe they go away.
As far as the game IHS wins 28-14

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Agree, sure gets old though. But as for the game, i like the Tigers in this one. Portsmouth is improved, but not enough to over take the Tigers.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Where is the Portsmouth and ironton thread? Was wanting to see what people were predicting but I’m on a wheelersburg post.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Countryguy100
Waterboy

Post by Countryguy100 »

Taking a non quarantined fairland team over either of these guys!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Portsmouth defense isn’t a weak area. I wouldn’t put them as a lock down defense but their two d tackles are big and pretty good. Linebacker is decent too. Ironton will have to move the ball. They won’t have the luxury in this game to just do what they want.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Good luck to the Tigers in this game and the post season

6O HORN3TS 🐝
TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

TheFlyingDutchman wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:06 pm It’s obvious this guy or girl is a troll with several screen names. They are allowed to hang around as click bait. They hijack every IHS thread. To continue to compare IHS week 2 to IHS week 10 makes zero sense, IHS is now much more balanced and seem to be hitting their stride.

None of us will be able to reason with this individual because they are simply here to stir the pot. I imagine they sit and laugh at the crap they type and the response they receive.

Let’s try not to feed this troll and maybe they go away.
As far as the game IHS wins 28-14
I’ve asked the question before. Not quite sure why it’s even allowed. It is very clearly 1 person with well over a dozen user names. Just trolling to troll. Every team across the area sucks, you are all obese losers, your wives DM me, rinse and repeat. Why not just ban all the usernames and ban immediately any user associated with this IPs?

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

JohnBlaze33 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:45 pm And also to irontons local dominance, is it just me or is there a team across the river that is undefeated vs Pendleton and made Carrico graduate last year 0 - 3 against them for his career as a Tiger? #Ashland.

Ironton fans need to stop acting like only Kirtland has dominated them recently. Ya not even the most dominant locally. Right now Ashland owns pendleton coached teams. #perspective.

Gotta stop pretending to be something they are not.
Yet, now Ashland refuses to sign a contract with Ironton. Why,after Coach Pendleton has the program turned back around and has his system fully incorporated,will they not play ironton? For years I've witnessed folks come on here and mock Kentucky football yet their programs stay far away from Ashland and Russell

I think its a crying shame Ashland and Ironton won't play. All those years when Ironton trampled Ashland year after year their fans still packed Tank Stadium. You seen Portsmouth crowds lately?

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

kantucky wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:52 pm
JohnBlaze33 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:45 pm And also to irontons local dominance, is it just me or is there a team across the river that is undefeated vs Pendleton and made Carrico graduate last year 0 - 3 against them for his career as a Tiger? #Ashland.

Ironton fans need to stop acting like only Kirtland has dominated them recently. Ya not even the most dominant locally. Right now Ashland owns pendleton coached teams. #perspective.

Gotta stop pretending to be something they are not.
Yet, now Ashland refuses to sign a contract with Ironton. Why,after Coach Pendleton has the program turned back around and has his system fully incorporated,will they not play ironton? For years I've witnessed folks come on here and mock Kentucky football yet their programs stay far away from Ashland and Russell

I think its a crying shame Ashland and Ironton won't play. All those years when Ironton trampled Ashland year after year their fans still packed Tank Stadium. You seen Portsmouth crowds lately?
Portsmouth crowds haven’t been nearly as big or die hard since leaving Spartan stadium. I’m not sure why. I mean obviously some down years, many down years with the program is why. Not as many kids out on the teams is another factor. Although this year has actually been a bit of a surprise with the crowds, especially on the road. I know one thing, Friday night the away side in Ironton will be slammed.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

The fact that Portsmouth is in a position to win the league says a lot IMO. 4 seasons ago I watched a talented team with way too many I’d and Me’s to be successful. 2 years ago was a night and day difference in mentality. Kudos to the coaches for instilling accountability in the players and kudos to the players for buying into the We mentality.

That’s said I think the Tigers are too much but Roe and Co could be a tough matchup at times. The ceiling for IHS is extremely high but IMO they have work to do to reach this team’s full potential.

Sorry to interrupt the, every team that doesn’t win a state title is mediocre, debate. We all get it, regional titles and semifinal wins are for losers.

Good luck to PHS and IHS Friday and into the post season.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Yeah by johnnyblaze superior standard Ohio only has 7 good football teams every year and then like 490 bad ones I get it

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

John Blaze 33 =Speed Killz.Please get rid of this guy,if you can. :|

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

Ironmen98 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:05 am
fielddaddy wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:23 pm
Prime Time wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:46 pm Jackson was better team period.
And why is that because they lost.
Because they should have been beat by Wheelersburg and scraped out a win,
or just because your a hater who just don't like Ironton.
My guess is because you have no team to be proud of and just want to hate period
Jackson should’ve been beaten by Wheelersburg?
But they never Wheelersburg gave them all they wanted and it was closer than I thought it would have been.
Just like the Jackson/ Ironton game it was closer than I thought it was and I thought Ironton was done for until that miracle kick return.
When teams get fired up for each other and they both have talent it is usually a great game as these was.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

fielddaddy wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:03 pm
fielddaddy wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:23 pm

And why is that because they lost.
Because they should have been beat by Wheelersburg and scraped out a win,
or just because your a hater who just don't like Ironton.
My guess is because you have no team to be proud of and just want to hate period
But they never Wheelersburg gave them all they wanted and it was closer than I thought it would have been.
Just like the Jackson/ Ironton game it was closer than I thought it was and I thought Ironton was done for until that miracle kick return.
When teams get fired up for each other and they both have talent it is usually a great game as these was.
Oh I agree. As a Jackson fan I was happy with the win. The spread don’t matter , W or L.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Ironmen98 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:06 pm
fielddaddy wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:03 pm

Oh I agree. As a Jackson fan I was happy with the win. The spread don’t matter , W or L.
That’s how it should be doesn’t matter if it’s by 1 or 100 the W is all that matters

Return to “Football”