OVC Chip Portsmouth @ Ironton who you got

MrFirstTake
SE

Re: OVC Chip Portsmouth @ Ironton who you got

Post by MrFirstTake »

After week 10!there will be 5 teams with 7+ wins on Irontons schedule no one bashes Ridgewood for only playing 2 good games or says anything about it coming back to bite them??? Or what about Harvest Prep who a few weeks ago people were picking because they played a close game with Hartley besides that who do they play???
Last edited by MrFirstTake on Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
GalliaTribe
JV Team

Post by GalliaTribe »

Would love to see Portsmouth win this one, so Ironton can’t complain how weak the OVC is in football. Ironton wins this one 28-13.

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

GalliaTribe wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:47 pm Would love to see Portsmouth win this one, so Ironton can’t complain how weak the OVC is in football. Ironton wins this one 28-13.
Slow down! if portsmouth wins, Gallia and a couple others couldn’t get to expel the Fighting Tigers. Remember “when ya pray for rain, ya got to deal
with the mud to.”

of course with that creek flooding all the time, you guys know mud

I’ll take Ironton 35-20

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Sick of hearing people talking about portsmouth losing to Fairland because of the weather as if Fairland wasn’t playing in the same freaking conditions????? Too many of you guys are writing Fairland off as if they were not playing for a regional championship last year have a great coach and a few transfers??? Then you Act as if losing Carpenter is no big deal he is getting serious D1 looks and you take him off the field replace him with a sophomore who has never played a varsity snap and then act like it’s no big deal playing against all of the best teams on your schedule?? I’m so confused 🤔

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

JohnBlaze33 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:35 pm
MrFirstTake wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:38 pm After week 10!there will be 5 teams with 7+ wins on Irontons schedule no one bashes Ridgewood for only playing 2 good games or says anything about it coming back to bite them??? Or what about Harvest Prep who a few weeks ago people were picking because they played a close game with Hartley besides that who do they play???
Well, take Ironton out the OVC & replace em with GCA off Preps schedule & GCA wins the conference pretty easy. Maybe Fairland & Portsmouth fight w em. Just like it is now. Lotta fat on there.
But that doesn’t mean anything besides they both play in weak conferences. Won’t change my mind no one else in this region plays a better schedule than ironton and they have lost one game to a 7-2 division 1 team if harvest prep played irontons schedule they would be 6-3 possibly 5-4 Burg Jackson Moeller would beat them and I give portsmouth and fairland a chance

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

JohnBlaze33 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:35 am
MrFirstTake wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:37 pm Sick of hearing people talking about portsmouth losing to Fairland because of the weather as if Fairland wasn’t playing in the same freaking conditions????? Too many of you guys are writing Fairland off as if they were not playing for a regional championship last year have a great coach and a few transfers??? Then you Act as if losing Carpenter is no big deal he is getting serious D1 looks and you take him off the field replace him with a sophomore who has never played a varsity snap and then act like it’s no big deal playing against all of the best teams on your schedule?? I’m so confused 🤔
I think everyone wants to see THIS offense be consistent. Meaning being productive & finishing against teams like Jackson or Portsmouth like they produce & finish against Coal Grove. We haven't seen that yet. So everything is open to question. Same goes for anyone. It's a fair question. It's not slander or based just on who ya rooting for or where any loyalty is. So whats the issue?
What I’m saying is no team in this region has done that against good competition so what’s the issue like I said you take any team in southeastern Ohio’s starting Qb out they don’t come out of those games 3-1 take what you want from it piketon Ridgewood and Harvest Prep are the top 4 teams take the starting Qb off the field those teams are not winning 3/4 of those games

RollCoal
JV Team

Post by RollCoal »

I think this will be a very good game. After watching Ironton and Portsmouth both play, I honestly think it will come down to who makes the least mistakes and take care of the ball. I won’t predict a winner or the score. But, I do think it’s going to be a dandy of a game.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and excepting a different result;
Albert Einstein
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Everyone who has played football know that the defense usually always comes around faster than the offense. Now with that being said Itonton loses their top 2 weapons that they did return from last year and opens up with 4 teams who would win a playoff game in a regular 8 team seeded year and we’re mad they didn’t look mid season form??? I’m not upset people are saying they want to see the offense be more consistent I’m just saying don’t see it then say it’s against bad teams when the other 2 teams you think can win this region are in the same boat period. Ridgewoods two best teams they played held them under 20. And Harvest Prep just got shut down by licking heights And that’s at the end of the year.

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

MrFirstTake wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:37 pm Sick of hearing people talking about portsmouth losing to Fairland because of the weather as if Fairland wasn’t playing in the same freaking conditions????? Too many of you guys are writing Fairland off as if they were not playing for a regional championship last year have a great coach and a few transfers??? Then you Act as if losing Carpenter is no big deal he is getting serious D1 looks and you take him off the field replace him with a sophomore who has never played a varsity snap and then act like it’s no big deal playing against all of the best teams on your schedule?? I’m so confused 🤔
well said! I believe Fairland is a very good football team. Obviously they have also dominated the OVC basketball scene for several years too. Maybe the Dragons are “on the chopping block” too?

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Portsmouth’s opponents W-L record so far: 29-40
PPG: 38.78
Defense PPG: 15.67

Ironton’s opponents W-L record so far: 37-33
PPG: 35.22
Defense PPG: 7.56

Dragonsbreath12
Riding the Bench

Post by Dragonsbreath12 »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:14 pm
Prime Time wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:00 pm Portsmouth sits at no better than 10th in region and will be 7-3 and cling to a top 16 spot, that just plain numbers. until Portsmouth can win a game of magnitude that really matters, they will go back to the Portsmouth Coliseum watching there 13-16 computer standing next week. Ironton really is over rated overall but still above these OVC teams. Irontons defense will manhandle the Trojans and the line will cakewalk all overall the Trojans

Good lord that was tough to read. Your grammar is horrendous, and your knowledge of football is laughable. Waverly is an above average team who has been plagued by injuries. They lost to an above average Wheelersburg team. I’m not a Burg supporter, but if anyone truly thinks Burg wouldn’t give Ironton a much better game if they played again is solely an idiot. Fairland took Ironton to OT. Fairland won on a muddy field by 1. Neither of those losses for Portsmouth are bad. Fairland also happens to be an above average team. Portsmouth isn’t clinging to making the top 16. They could have went 6-4 and comfortably still made it in. The Trojans with a loss at Ironton will likely be no worse than 12. Maybe you don’t know how the points work? I don’t really myself but you seem absolutely lost. I do agree that Ironton will beat the Trojans. I’m not sure it will be 42-7. I’d be shocked if Portsmouth only scored 7. Is Ironton’s defense legit? Absolutely they are, but 7 seems like a reach. You closed your post after talking up Ironton by saying they are overrated. That also happens to be an idiotic statement. Once again anyone with an ounce of football knowledge can see Ironton isn’t overrated. I’m unsure if you’re a teenager or just stupid. Either way you should probably delete your account. Good grief buddy!

I believe Burg would give Ironton a better game the 2nd time around as well but i dont think they play within 2 tds of the Tigers at full strength, Fairland is a very good team. I have watched almost every game of theirs. I do think if Ironton has Carpenter or Keyes that game vs the Dragons goes no where near OT and Ironton wins by 14-17 pts. Those two make a difference on the offensive side of the ball for Ironton. I think Portsmouth can put up possibly mid to low 20's in points but i dont see them stopping ironton on the offensive side of the ball. Brumfield at Fairland is considered possibly the best back in the OVC atleast leading the league in rushing and i think if Keyes were healthy for the whole season he is well over 1000 yards and i believe hes the best back in the league and Carpenter the best QB he was just out and then doesnt get the attempts Roe does.

Ironton 41-20.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

fielddaddy wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:32 pm Ironton beat Burg without their number one QB to.
Beat Jackson without QB! and Fairland.
Lost to Moeller after a tough game but gained respect from it.
Portsmouth is having a great year no one can say they are not but so is Ironton and their defense and improved offense.
I pick Ironton to win because I believe Ironton can control the line of scrimmage and they are far better on Defense this year.
And as far as beating Burg I'm sure Ironton had nothing to do with those 5 turnovers.
Ironton turned the ball over 3 times against Gallia and still won big so it wasn't the turnovers that crushed Burg alone it was a good Ironton team to.
QB 1 has the luxury of using valleys best player on the outside and burgs former QB 1 on the other side. He also has the luxury of handing it to transfer from Mississippi.

Ironton had the pick six from an under thrown ball by burgs QB 2. We could say that burg didn’t have their QB1 and that’s why they got a pick six.

Also Gallia lost to coal grove. Not a win to brag about especially when Gallia fields 22 players with 11 being underclassmen

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

wobycat wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:46 am
fielddaddy wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:32 pm Ironton beat Burg without their number one QB to.
Portsmouth is having a great year no one can say they are not but so is Ironton and their defense and improved offense.
I pick Ironton to win because I believe Ironton can control the line of scrimmage and they are far better on Defense this year.
And as far as beating Burg I'm sure Ironton had nothing to do with those 5 turnovers.
Ironton turned the ball over 3 times against Gallia and still won big so it wasn't the turnovers that crushed Burg alone it was a good Ironton team to.
QB 1 has the luxury of using valleys best player on the outside and burgs former QB 1 on the other side. He also has the luxury of handing it to transfer from Mississippi.

Ironton had the pick six from an under thrown ball by burgs QB 2. We could say that burg didn’t have their QB1 and that’s why they got a pick six.

Also Gallia lost to coal grove. Not a win to brag about.
If that’s the logic we’re going by then I’d say ironton scores more than 40 with the Qb1 we could do this all day facts are the games over and this will be the 3rd year in a row wheelersburg fans will say we don’t want to see them in the playoffs 🙄 who cares if the game is closer it should be if your a good team wtf but I still say you lose

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

MrFirstTake wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:52 am

If that’s the logic we’re going by then I’d say ironton scores more than 40 with the Qb1 we could do this all day facts are the games over and this will be the 3rd year in a row wheelersburg fans will say we don’t want to see them in the playoffs 🙄 who cares if the game is closer it should be if your a good team wtf but I still say you lose
QB 1 played in the first game and was bottled up until he got hurt. Let’s not act as if ironton was doing what they wanted. They had one big play on offense.

Ironton defense is really good and I still give them the edge over burg but I think burg has a team that can upset ironton. Portsmouth will not win this game against ironton.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

Ironton could beat Wheelersburg 60-0 and woby would still say Burg is the better team, they just gave the game away. Ironton had nothing to do with those turnovers, they were all gimme's. That and crying about transfers, like Burg has never had em. He can't help himself, lol.

I hope we get another shot at Burg, the results would be the same, another Ironton win.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

frankie wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:23 am

Ironton could beat Wheelersburg 60-0 and woby would still say Burg is the better team, they just gave the game away. Ironton had nothing to do with those turnovers, they were all gimme's. That and crying about transfers, like Burg has never had em. He can't help himself, lol.

I hope we get another shot at Burg, the results would be the same, another Ironton win.
I have never claimed once burg was better. And yes I agree. Play again. Bonus: you probably don’t win Jackson game without transfer. Just sayin. Making you travel week 2.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

frankie wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:23 am

He also acts like wheelersburgs defense made ironton get false starts and holding calls and fumble the snap 3 times the first 3 drives those were all self inflicted things the tigers did to hurt themselves and QB1 didn’t even play but 2 and a half series sorry he didn’t come out and throw 2 50 yard bombs to make you a believer in two drives

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Guys can we not let this thread turn into Burg vs. Ironton like many others have. Lol

Who Dey!
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

PTrojan59 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:49 am Guys can we not let this thread turn into Burg vs. Ironton like many others have. Lol
True Burg is old news 📰 I’m sure the coaches have the team focused on Portsmouth and they will be ready to go it’s senior night as well so there is no more motivation needed really..

Tigers 🐅 41 - Trojans ⚔️ 17

Moses Guthrie
Varsity

Post by Moses Guthrie »

You guys have gotten to talk about Burg/Ironton for the past few years. This is the Portsmouth Trojan/Ironton Tiger thread..

I’m proud of the season the Trojans have put together this year. The defense hasn’t been dominant but has been stingy, coming up with big stops during crucial moments.
Drew Roe and company have been exciting to watch. I’m sure Ironton will get pressure on Roe and will shadow him when he scrambles. If the Trojans can eliminate turnovers and come up with big plays, we have a chance.
Hoping for an injury free game and a WELL OFFICIATED game at the Tank.

Return to “Football”