OVC Chip Portsmouth @ Ironton who you got

MrFirstTake
SE

Re: OVC Chip Portsmouth @ Ironton who you got

Post by MrFirstTake »

Bleeding Red wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:13 pm
MrFirstTake wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:10 pm Portsmouth making this defense look average
Portsmouth has scored 9 points. Lay off the crack.
I was being a smart ass ya know because ironton is average 🤣

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Bleeding Red wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:17 pm
MrFirstTake wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:10 pm Portsmouth making this defense look average
Can you give us more of your vast knowledge? Because it's currently 29-9 Ironton.

I'm sure we would all value more of your wisdom.
Brotha it was a joke Jesus christ

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

MrFirstTake wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:59 pm
Can you give us more of your vast knowledge? Because it's currently 29-9 Ironton.

No worries bro

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Bleeding Red wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:00 pm
MrFirstTake wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:59 pm

No worries bro
If you check my post I’ve literally done nothing but bragged on this D

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

MrFirstTake wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:55 pm
If I know anything about posters, mr first take is all ironton

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

wobycat wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:01 pm
MrFirstTake wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:55 pm

If I know anything about posters, mr first take is all ironton
Lmao I would root for gallia too lol that’s where it all started for me but they don’t give me much reason to cheer 😂

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

Best game I have seen Coach Pendleton call in awhile. Lost his starting QB first offensive series and then was down at halftime. Made some adjustments and the team exploded the 2nd half. Congrats to the Tigers on the win, conference title, and now let the playoffs begin. Go Tigers!

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

JohnBlaze33 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:05 pm Very impressive 2nd half for Ironton on BOTH sides. Clean up the penalties & at full go this squad is the real deal. Defense can control a game. Offense has to just be consistent.
Very well said.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Great game from ironton. Portsmouth came out guns blazing and up 9-0. The fumble at the 1 was the turning point. But as ironton was scoring at will it looked like the Portsmouth coaches gave up. Early in the 4th you are burning 30 seconds between snaps. I guess I am not smart but you try to win not run the clock out. Hope roe and carpenter are ok.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Congrats to Ironton on the win. First half I came away impressed with the Trojans. Few mistakes, few missed opportunities, Ironton had a lot of penalties but I was still impressed. 2nd half losing Roe hurt, but Ironton made much needed adjustments at the half. Portsmouth couldn’t stop Wilson, and they were biting hard on the pump fake numerous times. Best team Portsmouth has faced this year, and it will help prepare them for next week. The defense was as good as advertised. Really like the Ironton LB’s. Hopefully both Carpenter and Roe are okay and back for next week (Ironton shouldn’t need him anyways tbh). It was a cold one, with a pretty good atmosphere, especially the first half. Would’ve been nice to win this one and secure a home playoff game, but on the road we go. Sidenote I’m annoyed Ohio State-Penn State will be at the same time as the playoff games next Saturday.

Who Dey!
SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Well everyone.. looks like there's a chance for a rematch week 12.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Good game. Portsmouth looked awesome first half

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Congratulations to Ironton on the win , I believe their size wore portsmouth down in the second half , big fumble by portsmouth right before halftime really took the momentum away.

Looks like both teams will finish the season without there starting qbs , I hate that for both of them.

Does carpenter play basketball?

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

biggdowgg wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:49 pm Congratulations to Ironton on the win , I believe their size wore portsmouth down in the second half , big fumble by portsmouth right before halftime really took the momentum away.

Looks like both teams will finish the season without there starting qbs , I hate that for both of them.

Dog I really thought Ironton was a year away but then what the heck do I know. I hear Carpenter is finished for this year. Wylie only dressed last night just in case he was needed as he didn't practice all week. I guess it was a good thing. Good luck to your Trojans in the playoffs. They looked awesome in that first half.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

JohnBlaze33 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:08 am
MrFirstTake wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:26 am
JohnBlaze33 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:38 pm

Kirtland darn near hung 40 on Ironton. Toto wasn't in the ovc anymore was he? 😂 That's all that matters my guy. Goosegg? That's not by accident. Irontons offense starts to sputter in the post season. We haven't seen it flourish against a good team yet. There's gonna be questions because it's an issue that lingers for Ironton teams in the post season. Offense sputters, defense gets overwhelmed trying to shoulder the burden and eventually makes mistakes. Big play here. Big play there. We have seen it before. Good news is we will start gettin more clarity starting friday.

I like Ironton FINALLY joining 2021 & running tempo and playing fast. Hope it continues. Real good to see. If they can execute like that vs good teams & w that defense... WATCH OUT.
So what about Ironton making every potent offense they play sputter that doesn’t matter at all does it? So just so we’re clear ironton goes to back to back state championships beating the best teams in their region and other regions but the offense is bad because Kirtland blanked them only 1 team? I guess someone hasn’t figured out the deeper you go in the playoffs the defenses get better and the games are usually lower scoring but maybe I’m dumb for saying that?
Hmm. Is that why they needeed overtime at home vs a d6 ovc team? 👀

I wonder if Ridgewood & Prep & Versailles or Kirtland would need OT at home vs a mediocre d6 team?

Kirtland almost hung 40 on ya in the last game. Their offense didnt slow down did it?

Elite vs average.
I hope everything is going okay BigGame99/Speedkillz

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

JohnBlaze33 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:08 am
MrFirstTake wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:26 am
JohnBlaze33 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:38 pm

Kirtland darn near hung 40 on Ironton. Toto wasn't in the ovc anymore was he? 😂 That's all that matters my guy. Goosegg? That's not by accident. Irontons offense starts to sputter in the post season. We haven't seen it flourish against a good team yet. There's gonna be questions because it's an issue that lingers for Ironton teams in the post season. Offense sputters, defense gets overwhelmed trying to shoulder the burden and eventually makes mistakes. Big play here. Big play there. We have seen it before. Good news is we will start gettin more clarity starting friday.

I like Ironton FINALLY joining 2021 & running tempo and playing fast. Hope it continues. Real good to see. If they can execute like that vs good teams & w that defense... WATCH OUT.
So what about Ironton making every potent offense they play sputter that doesn’t matter at all does it? So just so we’re clear ironton goes to back to back state championships beating the best teams in their region and other regions but the offense is bad because Kirtland blanked them only 1 team? I guess someone hasn’t figured out the deeper you go in the playoffs the defenses get better and the games are usually lower scoring but maybe I’m dumb for saying that?
Hmm. Is that why they needeed overtime at home vs a d6 ovc team? 👀

I wonder if Ridgewood & Prep & Versailles or Kirtland would need OT at home vs a mediocre d6 team?

Kirtland almost hung 40 on ya in the last game. Their offense didnt slow down did it?

Elite vs average.
I hope everything is going okay BigGame99/Speedkillz

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

I heard Drew Roe’s injury might be ACL related? I sure hope that’s not the case. Will end his high school football career and depending on the actual injury and severity could put his basketball season in jeopardy too.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:25 am I heard Drew Roe’s injury might be ACL related? I sure hope that’s not the case. Will end his high school football career and depending on the actual injury and severity could put his basketball season in jeopardy too.
Haven't heard anything definite, but have heard it may not be as bad as they thought

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

RiverRatRay wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:42 am
biggdowgg wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:49 pm Congratulations to Ironton on the win , I believe their size wore portsmouth down in the second half , big fumble by portsmouth right before halftime really took the momentum away.

Dog I really thought Ironton was a year away but then what the heck do I know. I hear Carpenter is finished for this year. Wylie only dressed last night just in case he was needed as he didn't practice all week. I guess it was a good thing. Good luck to your Trojans in the playoffs. They looked awesome in that first half.

Turning point was when we fumbled on the 2 yard line right before half ,but still Ironton took over in second half.

Why would Wylie not be dressed anyway if he was able to play?

I'm hearing our qb injury isn't as bad as they thought , im hoping, especially for basketball, im in basketball ball.mode now lol.

Good luck to your tigers 🐅

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Congratulations to the OVC champion Ironton Fighting Tigers........they were the better team and it showed in the 2nd half. The IFT defense is every bit as good as advertised.....and that is why I think IHS wins Region 19. I don't think any team in the Region will be able to score enough vs. that D. Ironton also showed the ability to hit passes downfield, which will be important if they face a team that can stuff their very good running attack.

To our Trojans......VERY PROUD OF YOUR EFFORT!!......7-3 and playoff bound (4th consecutive season in the postseason, a school record). The fumble at the 1 yard line just before the half completely turned the game around. Ironton came out in the 2nd half and competely dominated the line of scrimmage, which I felt going in was going to be the difference in the game.

Hopefully both QB's Drew Roe of PHS and Aiden Carpenter of IHS can come back from their injuries, if not right away, then at some point for other sports they might want to play. I know Drew has started in basketball since his freshman year.

After winning only 30 games total from 2008--2017, Portsmouth football has taken a big turn upward. Credit to Coach Kalb and his staff for making Trojan football competitive again. We're not on the level of Ironton yet, but it sure beats those dismal 10 years of losing football with no playoffs.

GO TROJANS IN THE PLAYOFFS!!

Return to “Football”