SOC Chip. Symmes Valley @ Northwest

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: SOC Chip. Symmes Valley @ Northwest

Post by greygoose »

congrats to SV, for Northwest I know injuries hit but it's part of it but seems like a major waste of a season with all the talent that had returned.

bfry
JV Team

Post by bfry »

greygoose wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:31 pm congrats to SV, for Northwest I know injuries hit but it's part of it but seems like a major waste of a season with all the talent that had returned.
I disagree. I don’t think any high school season, regardless of result, is a waste. Many memories made and lessons learned.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

bfry wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:00 pm
greygoose wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:31 pm congrats to SV, for Northwest I know injuries hit but it's part of it but seems like a major waste of a season with all the talent that had returned.
I disagree. I don’t think any high school season, regardless of result, is a waste. Many memories made and lessons learned.
You're correct but this isn't facebook, it's a football forum and NW has got to find out what is going on from the times these guys are in JH till now. In terms of numbers and progression within the system.

bfry
JV Team

Post by bfry »

greygoose wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:22 am
bfry wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:00 pm
You're correct but this isn't facebook, it's a football forum and NW has got to find out what is going on from the times these guys are in JH till now. In terms of numbers and progression within the system.
No. My point was simply that they really banded together and played in a conference championship game with a severely depleted roster. And I’m no fan of Facebook.😀

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Northwest should be begging and pleading SOC to keep them down in SOC I. With the playoffs expanded to 16, they just showed they can make the D5 playoffs despite playing a lesser conference schedule. Won’t be enough wins for them in SOC II for that to happen.*

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

art_vandelay wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:12 am Northwest should be begging and pleading SOC to keep them down in SOC I. With the playoffs expanded to 16, they just showed they can make the D5 playoffs despite playing a lesser conference schedule. Won’t be enough wins for them in SOC II for that to happen.*
Who makes that decision?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

mattash wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:53 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:12 am Northwest should be begging and pleading SOC to keep them down in SOC I. With the playoffs expanded to 16, they just showed they can make the D5 playoffs despite playing a lesser conference schedule. Won’t be enough wins for them in SOC II for that to happen.*
Who makes that decision?
Northwest has 1 more year in SOC I. The decision is made by the Athletic directors I believe.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Gotcha, I was fine with Northwest in the SOC. They will be competitive with Valley and Oak Hill though

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Northwest doesn’t belong in the soc 2 they need to stay in the soc 1 it’s what’s best for all parties

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

If oak hill a team that went 1-9 and only win was against northwest isn’t enough proof that northwest doesn’t belong in the SOC II then idk what is

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

SOC needs to expand and go 3 divisions.

SOC 3. Burg. Jackson. Portsmouth. Waverly and add 1

SOC 2. OH. Valley Minford West NW invite Rock Hill

SOC 1. East ND SV Green Eastern Western if they field a FB team.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

baseball16 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:54 pm SOC needs to expand and go 3 divisions.

Agreed, but will never happen.*

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

baseball16 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:54 pm SOC needs to expand and go 3 divisions.

Discussed this in the Oak Hill and Waverly thread last week, basically same proposal but different teams, Jackson shouldn't be listed never happen. Also teams I added and the way I arranged wasn't by school sizing necessarily it was from a competitive balance stand point in trying to line up schools that weren't going to be the bottom of a beat down every week.

Division 1
Burg
Waverly
West
Minford
Portsmouth--they've tried to get into the SOC for a long time this makes travel easy

Division 2
Valley
Northwest
Oak Hill
Piketon--Simple driving and matchups well
Unioto--Bigger school but this is where they'd fit from a competitive standpoint

Division 3
East
SV
Beaver Pike
Notre Dame
South Gallia--will be entering SOC1 play in a couple years.

So you would have 4 division games and obviously cross division games would be an easy schedule. An idea that as we've discussed before on here wouldn't happen but always fun to think about. Especially when you have teams like Oak Hill and Northwest (soon to move) that simply aren't right for competing in SOC2 play.

Joe Boy
Waterboy

Post by Joe Boy »

What happened to that little speed back Northwest had who scored all them touchdowns against ND, East and Green? Ain't seen much of him the last two weeks. Is he hurt? If not, he sure could have helped the Mohawks.

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

greygoose wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:00 am

Discussed this in the Oak Hill and Waverly thread last week, basically same proposal but different teams, Jackson shouldn't be listed never happen. Also teams I added and the way I arranged wasn't by school sizing necessarily it was from a competitive balance stand point in trying to line up schools that weren't going to be the bottom of a beat down every week.

Division 1
Burg
Waverly
West
Minford
Portsmouth--they've tried to get into the SOC for a long time this makes travel easy

Division 2
Valley
Northwest
Oak Hill
Unioto--Bigger school but this is where they'd fit from a competitive standpoint

Division 3
East
SV
Beaver Pike
Notre Dame

So you would have 4 division games and obviously cross division games would be an easy schedule. An idea that as we've discussed before on here wouldn't happen but always fun to think about. Especially when you have teams like Oak Hill and Northwest (soon to move) that simply aren't right for competing in SOC2 play.
Jackson I think would consider. Why not, many don't like the FAC drives.
Unioto would never go and if they did they would need to be in the bigger division.

AD's for SOC need to get together and discuss expansion. It would financially make it worth it. Think about the Previews and matchups this would generate for your schools.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

baseball16 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:07 pm
greygoose wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:00 am

Division 1
Burg
Waverly
West
Minford

Division 2
Valley
Northwest
Oak Hill

Division 3
East
SV
Beaver Pike
Notre Dame

Jackson I think would consider. Why not, many don't like the FAC drives.
Unioto would never go and if they did they would need to be in the bigger division.

AD's for SOC need to get together and discuss expansion. It would financially make it worth it. Think about the Previews and matchups this would generate for your schools.
It's not that I think Jackson wouldn't consider I just don't believe the SOC would be receptive to adding a DIII school like Jackson to the mix. Also Unioto wouldn't "need" to go into the bigger division look at their overall record vs schools in the bigger division it isn't good, I was going for competitive balance.

You hit the nail on the head with your last statement and that is exactly what I think a lot of people are talking about, and that is the powers to be the SOC really need to sit down and evaluate the conference. Take Oak Hill and Northwest I don't believe there's many that feel they should be in SOC1, but at the same time SOC2 play is to much for them Northwest was up there for so many years and we seen where they were. Oak Hill it has caught up with them this season, numbers are down talent isn't there and it's not coming either. They have the ability to make a really nice conference and level out the playing field for many and make things much more interesting which in turn brings in more money because of better matchups and better games. I heard the Waverly and Oak Hill game was a ghost town in the stands, and that doesn't benefit anyone. Love to see this happen but there's a lot of old school mentality.

Return to “Football”