Post by mattash »

Big matchup

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
greygoose
SEOPS

Re: SOC Chip. Symmes Valley @ Northwest

Post by greygoose »

This one is is really a toss up, decided to go back and look over the last few years on this matchup. The last 3 contest have been 1 score games, game 3 years ago went into 4 OTs. I believe I seen where Campbell is going to try and come back for this game, Symmes Valley with some really good size up front. I think they'll take this one by a score.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Symmes valley

Postgame
Waterboy

Post by Postgame »

If it’s at Northwest, NW stands a chance. They won’t be playing against the officials and people running the clock.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Postgame wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:02 pm If it’s at Northwest, NW stands a chance. They won’t be playing against the officials and people running the clock.
Nope this year SV gets to play against the officials and the clock operator.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Northwest needs to play alot better than they have the last couple weeks. Cut down on the stupid penalties.

BillyBob21
Freshman Team

Post by BillyBob21 »

Northwest has a chance at home… But if it was at SV there would have been no chance!! You are down a couple scores to SV before you ever get off the bus at their place. Absolutely terrible!!

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

BillyBob21 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:35 am Northwest has a chance at home… But if it was at SV there would have been no chance!! You are down a couple scores to SV before you ever get off the bus at their place. Absolutely terrible!!
Didn't the refs give you a 2nd chance to win the game?

Michael Scott
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BillyBob21 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:35 am Northwest has a chance at home… But if it was at SV there would have been no chance!! You are down a couple scores to SV before you ever get off the bus at their place. Absolutely terrible!!
OH YEAH, and NW is so much better, I've seen games where the AD was handing out ref uniforms to the parents it was so bad. Absolutely always terrible.

BillyBob21
Freshman Team

Post by BillyBob21 »

mattash wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:11 pm
How do you figure refs gave ND a second chance? ND scored with 6 minutes left gets the onside kick and ND turned it over on downs? ND held SV to a 3 and out and SV punted with around 3 minutes left. ND turned it over on downs again! ND had multiple chances and didn’t capitalize. How about you go ahead and give that clock keeper an extra bonus as well. No way SV scores that TD with 1.5 seconds right before half if the clock runs like it’s suppose to be run. Clock is suppose to run after a 6 yard gain on 1rst down. And then the next play they get a first down and the ref sets the ball down and gives the signal to run the clock while SV is in huddle but they finally start the clock after every ref was giving the signal when SV gets up to the line and gets sets. This all took place on every play the last drive before half. And the when ND stops SV at 2 after a 5 yards game and the clock stops at 1.5 seconds before the ref blows the whistle on the play or gives signal for time out.
So I’m not a sore loser because because ND had their chances and would have won anyway if they would have capitalized on more of those chances. But what I will say that is a totally different game anywhere else. Which was my point that Northwest has a chance since it’s at their place plain and simple if they play a good game.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Since Northwest joined the SOC1 vs Symmes Valley:

2014: Northwest 24 Symmes Valley 21 (OT)
2015: Northwest 21 Symmes Valley 0
2016: Symmes Valley 30 Northwest 0
2017: Northwest 28 Symmes Valley 6
2018: Northwest 32 Symmes Valley 26 (4OT)
2019: Symmes Valley 22 Northwest 16
2020: Northwest 10 Symmes Valley 8

Tweeder82
Waterboy

Post by Tweeder82 »

YES the refs basically handed Northwest the game last year on a phantom whistle! Worst call I have ever seen in all my 42 years.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Coaching wins this one. SV.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

BillyBob21 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:07 pm
How do you figure refs gave ND a second chance? ND scored with 6 minutes left gets the onside kick and ND turned it over on downs? ND held SV to a 3 and out and SV punted with around 3 minutes left. ND turned it over on downs again! ND had multiple chances and didn’t capitalize. How about you go ahead and give that clock keeper an extra bonus as well. No way SV scores that TD with 1.5 seconds right before half if the clock runs like it’s suppose to be run. Clock is suppose to run after a 6 yard gain on 1rst down. And then the next play they get a first down and the ref sets the ball down and gives the signal to run the clock while SV is in huddle but they finally start the clock after every ref was giving the signal when SV gets up to the line and gets sets. This all took place on every play the last drive before half. And the when ND stops SV at 2 after a 5 yards game and the clock stops at 1.5 seconds before the ref blows the whistle on the play or gives signal for time out.
So I’m not a sore loser because because ND had their chances and would have won anyway if they would have capitalized on more of those chances. But what I will say that is a totally different game anywhere else. Which was my point that Northwest has a chance since it’s at their place plain and simple if they play a good game.
My bad thought you were taking about last years SV v NW game

Michael Scott
Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Sv 30

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Nicknevada86 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:00 pm Sv 30
ill take the under

Michael Scott
BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Tweeder82 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:09 pm
YES the refs basically handed Northwest the game last year on a phantom whistle! Worst call I have ever seen in all my 42 years.
There was actually 2 whistles on that play, you can clearly hear them on the game film.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Phantom whistle?? So it never happened. Already been proven and said there was an INADVERTENT whistle

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BillyBob21 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:07 pm
Of course NW has a chance especially at home, deck is always stacked in their favor at home. Let's stop acting like NW is some saint of a school and away teams get a fair shake for the entire game it's pretty embarrassing given everyone knows that's crap. Man didn't realize all that happened to ND, with all that clock watching and suck detail did you even get to watch or enjoy the game?? ;) . Was Ashley going crazy on the sideline??

Tweeder82
Waterboy

Post by Tweeder82 »

greygoose wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:58 am

Phantom whistle?? So it never happened. Already been proven and said there was an INADVERTENT whistle
Proven? I’ve watched 2 different films on it. Never heard a whistle never saw any kind of delay in play from either side of the ball. Would love to have the film you have of the second whistle.

Return to “Football”