Week 10: Warren (3-6) @ Marietta (3-6)

Tow Head
Freshman Team

Re: Week 10: Warren (3-6) @ Marietta (3-6)

Post by Tow Head »

enigmaax wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:55 am
Tow Head wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:28 am
enigmaax wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:46 pm
Nobody ever really answers this. Should the talent gap be accounted for in the regular season? Like, should anyone play a team like Bloom-Carroll since they are so good?

Talent gap is different from physicality. If it’s about physicality, it doesn’t really matter when the game is played. If it is about talent gap, then it ISNT different from any other sport. Yes, there will be tournament blowouts, just like there are regular season blowouts.
Maybe Warren should put BC on the schedule then, since talent and physicality shouldn't stop them. Just sayin.
Warren has virtually always played a challenging schedule. Despite winning about 8 games in 8 years, they signed up for the ECOL with Dover & New Philly. Have played Point Pleasant, John Marshall, and Fort Frye in their best seasons. Were overmatched several times this season since we basically had a JV roster. Warren has left two conferences at the height of their own league success to try and upgrade the schedule. So, yeah, you aren’t going to make a good point on that one.
Well, who else are they going to play? We'll see if I have a point or not if they go ahead and schedule BC. If they do then I'll agree with you. Also you basically said they left the the TVC to "upgrade their schedule" but now they want back in, so I guess they want to "downgrade their schedule" now so a different mindset wouldn't you agree?

Buckeye2021
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye2021 »

Tow Head wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:25 pm
Tow Head wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:28 am

Maybe Warren should put BC on the schedule then, since talent and physicality shouldn't stop them. Just sayin.
Warren has virtually always played a challenging schedule. Despite winning about 8 games in 8 years, they signed up for the ECOL with Dover & New Philly. Have played Point Pleasant, John Marshall, and Fort Frye in their best seasons. Were overmatched several times this season since we basically had a JV roster. Warren has left two conferences at the height of their own league success to try and upgrade the schedule. So, yeah, you aren’t going to make a good point on that one.
Well, who else are they going to play? We'll see if I have a point or not if they go ahead and schedule BC. If they do then I'll agree with you. Also you basically said they left the the TVC to "upgrade their schedule" but now they want back in, so I guess they want to "downgrade their schedule" now so a different mindset wouldn't you agree?
I think back when warren was successful in the TVc they couldn’t make it in the playoffs back when only 4 teams per division were taken . Now is much different warren is down and they take everyone

Tow Head
Freshman Team

Post by Tow Head »

Buckeye2021 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:38 pm

I think back when warren was successful in the TVc they couldn’t make it in the playoffs back when only 4 teams per division were taken . Now is much different warren is down and they take everyone
I looked back and I think Warren only won the TVC once when they left from what I saw so it's not like they were dominating. Maybe thats why they couldn't make the playoffs.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Tow Head wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:53 pm

I looked back and I think Warren only won the TVC once when they left from what I saw so it's not like they were dominating. Maybe thats why they couldn't make the playoffs.
We also had a much larger enrollment at the time compared to now. We’re the same size as the schools in the Ohio besides Nelsonville. We didn’t make the playoffs because every school in the tvc was smaller than us. We’ve multiple 9-1 teams not make it.

Tow Head
Freshman Team

Post by Tow Head »

beg003 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:29 pm

We also had a much larger enrollment at the time compared to now. We’re the same size as the schools in the Ohio besides Nelsonville. We didn’t make the playoffs because every school in the tvc was smaller than us. We’ve multiple 9-1 teams not make it.
So back then you were yesterdays big fish to todays' Athens. LOL

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Tow Head wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:31 pm

No, we’d just like to be in a league with schools our size in our geographic region instead of having to play WV schools 2+ hours away.

Tow Head
Freshman Team

Post by Tow Head »

beg003 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:39 pm
No, we’d just like to be in a league with schools our size in our geographic region instead of having to play WV schools 2+ hours away.
What do you mean, "no"? You were the big fish back then. Now Athens is. :shock:

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Tow Head wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:56 pm

If you want to frame it that way, then I suppose we were. Not sure how it concerns Trimble or why you would care so much considering we wouldn’t play you.

Tow Head
Freshman Team

Post by Tow Head »

beg003 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:07 pm
If you want to frame it that way, then I suppose we were. Not sure how it concerns Trimble or why you would care so much considering we wouldn’t play you.
Dude you are totally missing my point LOL. I'm joking that you were once the big fish and you left because of that. Now Athens is the big fish but they ain't going nowhere. Also we'll play you if you want. The Cats don't shy away from anyone and we have a winning record against you anyway.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Tow Head wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm
beg003 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:07 pm

Dude you are totally missing my point LOL. I'm joking that you were once the big fish and you left because of that. Now Athens is the big fish but they ain't going nowhere. Also we'll play you if you want. The Cats don't shy away from anyone and we have a winning record against you anyway.
I got you. I wouldn’t hate a game with Trimble every now and then.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

As I said, they had three 9-1 seasons from 81-85. In 81 and 82, their only loss was to Nelsonville-York, who did not lose a league game either year (and won the State Title in 81). Even if they had beaten NY those years, they wouldn’t have been in the Top 5 in the Region (let alone the top 2 that it took to make the playoffs).

Return to “Football”