Week 10: Warren (3-6) @ Marietta (3-6)

redblue85
Freshman Team

Re: Week 10: Warren (3-6) @ Marietta (3-6)

Post by redblue85 »

Good win for the tigers…sounds like the warriors fans confidence was misplaced

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

WWBBB wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:54 pm Warren seriously needs to look at all positions....starting with the QB....is he really the best they have??? Or is he playing because of his last name???
Do you have some real analysis you wanted to put out there or you just needed to get that nonsense out of your system? I’ve got a ton of data that says Warren is just fine at QB, but if you are admittedly spouting off with no real understanding of the game, I’ll spare everyone the facts.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Fanatic wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:24 pm Pioneer 19; You Don’t Want Fort Frye!
Why? Because they might lose? There are worse things.

TigerFan15
Riding the Bench

Post by TigerFan15 »

I’m a lifelong Tiger fan but watching that young man tonight playing QB has nothing to do with his last name. He’s clearly the best player Warren has at that position. He’s a sophomore without a running game tonight and without having a player like Gandee to make plays at WR. The kid has a cannon for an arm and his fundamentals should catch up with his arm by next year. I remember reading some of the same comments three years ago on another QB with the same last name and we saw how that played out. Plain and simple tonight Marietta wanted it more than the Warriors. Lay off the family!!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

pioneer19 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:54 pm
noreply66 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:51 pm Marietta must have shut Warren's running game down. If Warren was still running the same rushing game as they did the first half of the season Marietta probably had a few game films to study.
Warren’s RB got injured on their first series and didn’t play. It was clearly a big blow to their offense.
That would make a difference

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
E High
All State

Post by E High »

Too bad teams. Good win for Marietta. Hopefully both teams get better going forward 👍

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Warren made playoffs lol heading to Bloom Carroll.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Rooting for you, but a running clock. Extra week of practice and one more game is good for a young team. Hopefully they don’t get beat up too bad 🙏

redblue85
Freshman Team

Post by redblue85 »

EasternDspy wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:37 am Warren made playoffs lol heading to Bloom Carroll.
with a 3-7 record…very stupid…I remembr when you had to actualy earn a post season trip…there region must be very bad…they will get beat up bad by bloom carrol

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

Not just the Region..expanding to 16 adds many teams across the state to the playoffs with losing records.

96Champ
Riding the Bench

Post by 96Champ »

WWBBB wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:12 pm
efarns wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:07 pm
WWBBB wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:54 pm Warren seriously needs to look at all positions....starting with the QB....is he really the best they have??? Or is he playing because of his last name???
The coaches want to win even more than you want to win.
Are you a F'ing moron??? I would hope they would, but because of someone's last name it won't happen!!!
I think your the moron? If your so great why not go ask one of the coaches to see if you can go on staff? It's people like you that have poisoned this program in years past. Did you ever think that maybe they might have only 1 qb that can throw or no one else stepped up. But like I say if you can do better than go ask Coach Kimes you would like to volunteer your time. Otherwise sit back and just support these kids , everyone that knows the program knew this was going to be a rebuild year with lose of 15 seniors.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Surprised by this one. How many yards did the Williams boy have?

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Dundas wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:32 am Surprised by this one. How many yards did the Williams boy have?
4 yards - He played 2 plays before being lost to injury.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

enigmaax wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:38 am
Dundas wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:32 am Surprised by this one. How many yards did the Williams boy have?
Warren is a different animal with him out there. Sorry to hear he went down. Big things to come for him.

TigerFan15
Riding the Bench

Post by TigerFan15 »

The OHSAA expanding to 16 teams is purely a financial decision. Ridiculous ticket prices with the OHSAA now keeping all proceeds as compared to years past with each school participating in receiving a portion of ticket monies. Decisions such as this based on greed only waters down the quality of competition. Not Warren’s fault, wish them luck, but the poor decisions by the OHSAA only hurts teams all across the state.

TigerFan15
Riding the Bench

Post by TigerFan15 »

The OHSAA expanding to 16 teams is purely a financial decision. Ridiculous ticket prices with the OHSAA now keeping all proceeds as compared to years past with each school participating in receiving a portion of ticket monies. Decisions such as this based on greed only waters down the quality of competition. Not Warren’s fault, wish them luck, but the poor decisions by the OHSAA only hurts teams all across the state.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Dundas wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:51 am
enigmaax wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:38 am
Warren is a different animal with him out there. Sorry to hear he went down. Big things to come for him.
Yeah, he’s had a tough year with nagging injuries. This is the 4th game he didn’t play past the 1st quarter.

I only point this out because a few guys in the press box mentioned last night how he had close to 700 yards in 2 games and hasn’t really done much outside of that. He averages about 112 ypg and 6.2 ypc WITHOUT his two biggest games, if you consider that he only played 5 other full games all together (by subtracting the 12 quarters he missed). The rest of the team averages around 3 ypc.

blackshooky
All Conference

Post by blackshooky »

TigerFan15 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:29 pm The OHSAA expanding to 16 teams is purely a financial decision. Ridiculous ticket prices with the OHSAA now keeping all proceeds as compared to years past with each school participating in receiving a portion of ticket monies. Decisions such as this based on greed only waters down the quality of competition. Not Warren’s fault, wish them luck, but the poor decisions by the OHSAA only hurts teams all across the state.
spot on, the only beneficiaries are the greedy bastards at the oh$aa

bigblue52
Freshman Team

Post by bigblue52 »

After processing this one for a few days I am obviously disappointed in the outcome from Friday night. If #2 is healthy and plays the whole game it is a completely different game but irregardless we should not have gotten shut out. When Williams is healthy and running the ball well, it changes our offense as he makes everyone around him better and to be truthful he is the only playmaker we have and without him it is tough. We are replacing our all time leading passer and all time leading receiver as well as other key offensive pieces like Welch and Chevalier along with several experienced offensive linemen. Blaming the QB is nearsighted and does take into account the context of the situation. That is just my opinion...

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

With Williams it’s a totally different game, I don’t think anyone would debate that. He’s a game changer for us, no question. Marietta did what they should have done to a team without their best player and little passing game to speak of. However, we had some young kids have good nights. A freshman corner had 2 picks and another freshman outside linebacker was a problem on defense. A very disappointing result, but saying the ship is going down is just asinine. I do think a shift to a much more run-oriented offense would be wise since our best offensive players next year will be RBs. Same system, just change the priorities.

Return to “Football”