Wk 10: Nelsonville-York (6-3) @ Athens (3-6)

Ff3233
All Conference

Re: Wk 10: Nelsonville-York (6-3) @ Athens (3-6)

Post by Ff3233 »

The Scotty A Show wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:02 am NY wins in a route, as order to the TVC Ohio has been restored with NY in their rightful seat at the top. Everyone else will have to fight with Athens for 2nd place for the foreseeable future. As long as Rusty is at the helm NY will remain at or near the top year in and year out.
Doesn't take much to get to the top of that ant hill

The Scotty A Show
Waterboy

Post by The Scotty A Show »

Ff3233 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:24 pm
The Scotty A Show wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:02 am NY wins in a route, as order to the TVC Ohio has been restored with NY in their rightful seat at the top. Everyone else will have to fight with Athens for 2nd place for the foreseeable future. As long as Rusty is at the helm NY will remain at or near the top year in and year out.
Just goes to show that Rusty can win it even in a down year for the Buckeyes. Wait until next season when the young ones are a year older, and the year after that, and the year after that.

Trimble Tomcats 2023 TVC Ohio Champions
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

In 13 years, since Athens joined the league, the Dogs have only beaten NY TWICE without a Heisman trophy winning QB at the helm. May be just two times in 14 years with a loss Friday. "Athens should have never been invited into the league, they are tooooo big and will just dominate every year." Lol

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

I don’t expect Athens to be “down” for much longer. They have a bunch of young guys playing and have been improving each week from what I have seen on TV. Have a good QB as well.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

The Scotty A Show wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:29 pm
Just goes to show that Rusty can win it even in a down year for the Buckeyes. Wait until next season when the young ones are a year older, and the year after that, and the year after that.
Like I said, winning the Ohio tvc isn't saying alot. Trimble lately would win it most years

Palladin
Waterboy

Post by Palladin »

Ff3233 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:07 pm

Like I said, winning the Ohio tvc isn't saying alot. Trimble lately would win it most years
Nah, we saw what happened to Trimble when they stiffened their schedule just a bit. They are one point and play away from a 6-3 season and only played one real good team and a decent team. As weak as the TVC Ohio is year in and year out it's still leaps and bounds better than the Hocking from top to bottom and Trimble couldn't take the grind week in and week out.

ttomcat 80
JV Team

Post by ttomcat 80 »

Palladin wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:52 pm

Nah, we saw what happened to Trimble when they stiffened their schedule just a bit. They are one point and play away from a 6-3 season and only played one real good team and a decent team. As weak as the TVC Ohio is year in and year out it's still leaps and bounds better than the Hocking from top to bottom and Trimble couldn't take the grind week in and week out.
😂😂 you are funny and full of it.

:roll: cats :roll:
Palladin
Waterboy

Post by Palladin »

ttomcat 80 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:00 pm
Well then, move up to the Ohio and prove me wrong.

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Have the Buckeyes by a TD

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Yep, playing the likes of Athens, river valley and Meigs each week has to be extremely rough. Throw in wellston and VC, who couldn't beat Warren and that makes it extremely tough. That leaves NY, the only legitimate team year in and out. Think Trimble would be fine dealing with that "gauntlet"

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

93Bulldog wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:32 pm In 13 years, since Athens joined the league, the Dogs have only beaten NY TWICE without a Heisman trophy winning QB at the helm. May be just two times in 14 years with a loss Friday. "Athens should have never been invited into the league, they are tooooo big and will just dominate every year." Lol
Athens Boys and Girls probably win 75% of all sports every year. The TVC should take Athens out or bring in school near their size to make in bigger conference. The Ohio needs Athens, Marietta, Warren, Vinton Cty and a couple others maybe Meigs too.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
coachK
JV Team

Post by coachK »

93Bulldog wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:32 pm In 13 years, since Athens joined the league, the Dogs have only beaten NY TWICE without a Heisman trophy winning QB at the helm. May be just two times in 14 years with a loss Friday. "Athens should have never been invited into the league, they are tooooo big and will just dominate every year." Lol
They are to big for the league, look at all the other sports.

If they had any pride they would want to play teams their size

ttomcat 80
JV Team

Post by ttomcat 80 »

Palladin wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:05 pm

I see we have another Trimble hater.People just can’t stand that the 2 smallest schools in both leagues dominate year in year out.NY and Trimble reloads every year.As far as you saying that we only played 1 good team.Wrong,JM is D2 and is a good team not as good as FF but good and NY is a good team.JM loss was just a bad decision giving them the ball on the 50 with a minute to go and a face mask to have a 37 yard field goal try to go into OT.NY game doesn’t matter it’s just a slug fest. I personally wouldn’t mind playing in the Ohio.We use to be 1 league years ago and we did complete with the D4 D5 schools so you are wrong again. I Know a little more then you think I do.Build a program like Trimble and Nelsonville and people will always be jealous.

ttomcat 80
JV Team

Post by ttomcat 80 »

Ff3233 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:02 pm
Yep, playing the likes of Athens, river valley and Meigs each week has to be extremely rough. Throw in wellston and VC, who couldn't beat Warren and that makes it extremely tough. That leaves NY, the only legitimate team year in and out. Think Trimble would be fine dealing with that "gauntlet"
👍

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

ttomcat 80 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:42 pm
ttomcat 80 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:00 pm 😂😂 you are funny and full of it.
I see we have another Trimble hater.People just can’t stand that the 2 smallest schools in both leagues dominate year in year out.NY and Trimble reloads every year.As far as you saying that we only played 1 good team.Wrong,JM is D2 and is a good team not as good as FF but good and NY is a good team.JM loss was just a bad decision giving them the ball on the 50 with a minute to go and a face mask to have a 37 yard field goal try to go into OT.NY game doesn’t matter it’s just a slug fest. I personally wouldn’t mind playing in the Ohio.We use to be 1 league years ago and we did complete with the D4 D5 schools so you are wrong again. I Know a little more then you think I do.Build a program like Trimble and Nelsonville and people will always be jealous.
And even before Trimble came on the scene, it ran through two smaller schools with Belpre and Nelsonville. Once Trimble got going, those three were typically three of the best teams in the league.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

coachK wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:40 pm
They are to big for the league, look at all the other sports.

If they had any pride they would want to play teams their size
Not true. Athens is not dominating like everyone thought. Boys basketball? No. Volleyball? Nope. Softball? No. Girls basketball? Heck no. Baseball is the only sport Athens has dominated and that was to be expected, they are & have been one of the better programs in all of southeastern Ohio regardless of league or division.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

When it comes to over all standings for all sports who in the TVC would win the all sports award. Now some of the sports that Athens doesn't dominated might be for the reason the league doesn't play that sport and Athens plays other teams that make up another league.

Glousterite
Freshman Team

Post by Glousterite »

Regardless of the Cats stiffening up their schedule, they dropped two games to great non league teams that ain’t in the Ohio or Hocking. They beat NY which is going to win the Ohio and we won the Hocking, therefore how can you sit back and make yourself believe the Cats couldn’t be at the top or near the top of the Ohio every year? Your credibility said 📉
Congrats to NY on a great year and best of luck in the post season!

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Paladin's copy cat strikes again

Buckeye2021
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye2021 »

ttomcat 80 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:42 pm
ttomcat 80 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:00 pm 😂😂 you are funny and full of it.
trimble is no where near the smallest in hocking

Return to “Football”