Week 10 Chillicothe at Jackson

Ironmen98
All State

Re: Week 10 Chillicothe at Jackson

Post by Ironmen98 »

LetsBeReal wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:18 am
Ironmen98 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:10 am
LetsBeReal wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:08 am Hopefully Jackson by 56+ but I’ll take them by 35. Jackson Can play bad as they want and still win with ease.
Hope you’re right !
I think Jackson took their lumps at the beginning of the season and are looking to make a run. This is a good tuneup game for playoffs. Chillicothe doesn’t have bad players. They have good athletes for a program that can’t put it together yet. It’s not a cupcake game but is a good game for Jackson to work out final kinks headed to the playoffs.
Yeah Jackson is a couple plays from being 9-0 but that’s early season football. Losses happen. Mistakes happen. Good teams get better from them.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

I’m liking what I’ve seen out of the Ironmen these past two week. Especially offensively. The passing game is looking good and the defense is staying solid. We should be fired up about this one. They beat us last year, it’s senior night, league championship… I mean if you’re not up for this one I’m not sure what to tell you. We just need to keep peaking as a team. The FAC teams are a little down so it’s tricky to see where you are as a team but I think this team has made nice improvements the last couple games. I’m so eager to get into the playoffs and play one of these big boys. For the majority everyone’s legit and you’re gonna have to battle to win every game. Those are the games and the challenges that get you up in the morning.

TheIronBoy
Waterboy

Post by TheIronBoy »

I'm thinking Jackson wins by a 4-5 TD's. Chilli always has athletes, but I would say that the Ironmen will have last years game on their mind. Wolford and Broermann have big games and build on the momentum they both have. Winters needs to stay healthy in this game, so they need to limit his carries. Would like to see more plays where we get Wood to the edge. Also, Ironmen need to get Prater more involved off the edge. Throw him some 50/50 balls and let him go make a play.

Jimbob2023
Riding the Bench

Post by Jimbob2023 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:46 am
Jimbob2023 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:19 am Jackson by 40+

The problem is with all these beat downs is that we really have no idea where Jackson really is come playoffs. The FAC is really down and just bad, other than Jackson. We know the the D is pretty darn good, and the O looks pretty good. But MT defense, for example, basically put absolutely no pressure on the QBs and had basically no idea where our receivers were. By the time they realized, the receiver had caught the ball and was off to the goal line. Other than a couple players, the MT offense could basically do nothing against our defense. Chillicothe looks to maybe be about the same.

Agree 💯

Defense is good , which is typical of a Jackson football team. Power run game needs work but Jackson has a great passing game right now . I know it’s against FAC teams but still a weapon we haven’t had in a while.
That’s my point. We don’t really know because these defenses are just really bad. A jr high qb and receivers could look pretty darn good against most of these teams.(yes I know that’s an exaggeration). Just like I said and witnessed, MT had no idea where our receivers were Friday and there was zero pressure coming. From what I’ve heard, I’d expect Chillicothe to be no different.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Jimbob2023 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:19 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:46 am
Jimbob2023 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:19 am Jackson by 40+

The problem is with all these beat downs is that we really have no idea where Jackson really is come playoffs. The FAC is really down and just bad, other than Jackson. We know the the D is pretty darn good, and the O looks pretty good. But MT defense, for example, basically put absolutely no pressure on the QBs and had basically no idea where our receivers were. By the time they realized, the receiver had caught the ball and was off to the goal line. Other than a couple players, the MT offense could basically do nothing against our defense. Chillicothe looks to maybe be about the same.

Agree 💯

Defense is good , which is typical of a Jackson football team. Power run game needs work but Jackson has a great passing game right now . I know it’s against FAC teams but still a weapon we haven’t had in a while.
That’s my point. We don’t really know because these defenses are just really bad. A jr high qb and receivers could look pretty darn good against most of these teams.(yes I know that’s an exaggeration). Just like I said and witnessed, MT had no idea where our receivers were Friday and there was zero pressure coming. From what I’ve heard, I’d expect Chillicothe to be no different.
Agree . Just nice to have the ability the throw the ball that far with that much accuracy whether covered or not . Also nice to see us going through read progressions and hitting the check down. Fun to watch

TheMarchingCavalier
Waterboy

Post by TheMarchingCavalier »

Last year, coach Pryor had 49-2 written everywhere in the locker room and they made up for that game. I'd be shocked if coach Hall didn't do the same this year with 30-27. Always want to see a Cavs win, but I expect Jackson to be out for blood with a point to prove.

35-17 Ironmen, and Chillicothe misses the playoffs due to other results. Best of luck!

Marching Band is a real sport!
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

TheMarchingCavalier wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:40 am Last year, coach Pryor had 49-2 written everywhere in the locker room and they made up for that game. I'd be shocked if coach Hall didn't do the same this year with 30-27. Always want to see a Cavs win, but I expect Jackson to be out for blood with a point to prove.

35-17 Ironmen, and Chillicothe misses the playoffs due to other results. Best of luck!
Good post

3rd String
Freshman Team

Post by 3rd String »

Ironmen Defense has been pretty darn good this year. I made a prediction last week that MT would score 35. Boy was I wrong. I will try again this week. 42-14.

Ohio1234
JV Team

Post by Ohio1234 »

As a Chillicothe fan I will say that Chillicothe has no offensive identity has been the case all season Chillicothe has 3 serviceable running backs a great TE and one receiver that can beat jackson over the top QB play has been inconsistent but he does have a good arm. But Mccory and Lee will be the best linebackers jackson has faced and they both can cover and play sideline to sideline and chillicothe’s pass defense will be one of the best jackson has played as well. It’s upfront that I don’t think chilli can hang on either side of the ball, but Chillicothe and jackson have been playing each other since peewee and if the coaching staff can create a game plan to pressure and muddy this game up for jackson it’s a very winnable game for Chillicothe I’ll take the upset 21-20

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Jackson will continue to get better. This week is no exception. Get out of this thing healthy and ready to roll week 11.

The big time games are here.....time for the big time players to rise up....

Good Luck!!!!!

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
3rd String
Freshman Team

Post by 3rd String »

Jackson v Chillicothe: You can typically throw the numbers out the window, however they are still fun to look at.

6 common opponents: Miami Trace, Hillsboro, Greenfield, Courthouse, Wheelersburg, Logan
Jackson 6-0 : Margin of Victory: 31.8
Chillicothe 4-2 : Margin of Victory: 2.2

Jackson 272 points scored: 45.3 PPG
Jackson 81 points allowed: 13.5 ppg

Chillicothe 141 points scored: 23.5 ppg
Chillicothe 128 points allowed: 21.3 ppg

Jimbob2023
Riding the Bench

Post by Jimbob2023 »

3rd String wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:14 am Jackson v Chillicothe: You can typically throw the numbers out the window, however they are still fun to look at.

6 common opponents: Miami Trace, Hillsboro, Greenfield, Courthouse, Wheelersburg, Logan
Jackson 6-0 : Margin of Victory: 31.8
Chillicothe 4-2 : Margin of Victory: 2.2

Jackson 272 points scored: 45.3 PPG
Jackson 81 points allowed: 13.5 ppg

Chillicothe 141 points scored: 23.5 ppg
Chillicothe 128 points allowed: 21.3 ppg
Yep, it’s gonna be ugly.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

hopefully Jackson takes them out of the game and out of the game early. Jackson definitely should be playin hungry to not let 2021 FAC Crown slip their fingers. I fully expect them to play hungry and with a purpose. If CHS gets the Jackson team from the Tank i sure like our chances to not only beat them but beat them up too......

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
3rd String
Freshman Team

Post by 3rd String »

Jackson and Chillicothe both with have to figure out a way to keep their attitudes in check. Personal foul / unsportsmanlike conduct penalties could play a factor in this game. Football can be played physical without the 15 yard penalties.
I still think Jackson will pull away and win comfortably.

Bomber/Cav
Waterboy

Post by Bomber/Cav »

Ohio1234 must not have watched many Chilli games this year. The running backs have been the strength of this team and the Ob has definitely got great talent but has not been coached very well to succeed. TE? Seriously. There TE form last season had to go play O-line because lack of depth and McCory is a 5’10 inch good football player who has had to play that spot. He is more like a slot receiver. Also on Defense he plays at Defensive End and not linebacker. Speaking of receivers. There’s not a more Athletic group of Receivers in the Conference then Doss/ Cain/ King. It’s a matter of letting Doughty Air it out to them.

The game will ultimately come down to coaching. Jackson is most definitely one of the top football programs in the Southeast. And good programs usually beat good Athletic teams ninety percent of the time. However this has become a big rivalry game and I just think this game will be closer then most people think.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Winters takes Jackson to another level . He can run it , throws the deep ball and drop dimes over the shoulder. Need the run game to step up.

IronhorseOH99
Waterboy

Post by IronhorseOH99 »

Jackson didn't have its best game last year and I can only imagine that keeps them motivated this year. From what I've seen from Chillicothe...they are just not that good. Appreciate the points though. Jackson by 4 TDs at least. If it's vegas give me 35 plus point advantage.

LBD0263
Riding the Bench

Post by LBD0263 »

I get it Jackson should win based on similar schools they have played this year. Let's not forget Jackson was heavily favored last year. I'm confident the coaches haven't forgotten about last years game either. I don't think Jackson will is looking ahead at all and is laser focused on the Caves. This is a rivalry game throw everything out the window. I expect Jackson to win and pull away at some point. But this game won't be like the last couple of weeks.

3rd String
Freshman Team

Post by 3rd String »

Chillicothe will struggle to score. They score 14. I don't see them getting more than that. My guess is 7 against Varsity and 7 against JV. Rivalry game and all I get it. But these types of games tend to benefit the defense.
Last edited by 3rd String on Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

Don't see the upset this year...Ironmen are battle-tested! I'll go 35-13.

Return to “Football”