All State

Week 10 Chillicothe at Jackson

Post by Ironmen98 »

Thoughts ?

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Week 10 Chillicothe at Jackson

Post by greygoose »

Well Jackson has made this much more of a series than it should be at times. I believe after what happened last year Jackson won't be overlooking Chillicothe, on paper once again Jackson is the clear cut favorite. Jackson takes this one at home by 2 scores.
Last edited by greygoose on Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Jackson at home by six scores, maybe 7.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Jackson is as hot as any team in the area right now. Defense is stout and getting better. Offense has found another gear. Jackson wants some payback from last years heartbreaking OT loss for the league championship. On paper Jackson should win this by 28 but Chillicothe isn’t intimidated or rattled by Jackson. Chillicothe is playing for a share of the league title and a playoff appearance. With the game being at Jackson I have to think the Ironmen come out on top.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:26 pm Jackson is as hot as any team in the area right now. Defense is stout and getting better. Offense has found another gear. Jackson wants some payback from last years heartbreaking OT loss for the league championship. On paper Jackson should win this by 28 but Chillicothe isn’t intimidated or rattled by Jackson. Chillicothe is playing for a share of the league title and a playoff appearance. With the game being at Jackson I have to think the Ironmen come out on top.
So true. Chillicothe is one of the few teams on Jackson's schedule year in and year out that is not afraid or intimidated by them. However this year Jackson is just better. I'll take Jackson 42-14.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Ironmen by a couple scores at home

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Chilli gives them fits historically but, not this year. Good luck to both squads, ironmen prevail.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
ManInBlack
Riding the Bench

Post by ManInBlack »

Jackson should win easy

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson by 28…screw it. No reason Jackson shouldn’t be uber focused and disciplined. We owe em! No excuses! Make the big plays like you have been.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Jackson is 21-3 in FAC play since the league started, while Chillicothe is 19-5. Two of Jackson's three losses are to Chillicothe. The first in 2017 after Jackson jumped out to a 14-0 lead, but then lost Blake McCoy to injury, and things fell apart with Chillicothe winning 31-17. The second was last year when Jackson led 20-7 heading to the 4thQ, blew the lead, and eventually lost in double OT 30-27. The Cavs have definitely been the thorn in Jackson's side, and have claimed two outright FAC titles since the league began, while Jackson has one outright title and a shared title with Hillsboro in 2018.

Jackson needs to take care of business and take control of the FAC overall. Build even more momentum heading into the playoffs.

2017 - Chillicothe 31 - Jackson 17 (CHS Outright Champs)
2018 - Jackson 20 - Chillicothe 7 (JHS Co-Champs w/ Hillsboro)
2019 - Jackson 49 - Chillicothe 2 (JHS Outright Champs)
2020 - Chillicothe 30 - Jackson 27 (2OT) (CHS Outright Champs)

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

ironman02 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:22 pm Jackson is 21-3 in FAC play since the league started, while Chillicothe is 19-5. Two of Jackson's three losses are to Chillicothe. The first in 2017 after Jackson jumped out to a 14-0 lead, but then lost Blake McCoy to injury, and things fell apart with Chillicothe winning 31-17. The second was last year when Jackson led 20-7 heading to the 4thQ, blew the lead, and eventually lost in double OT 30-27. The Cavs have definitely been the thorn in Jackson's side, and have claimed two outright FAC titles since the league began, while Jackson has one outright title and a shared title with Hillsboro in 2018.

Jackson needs to take care of business and take control of the FAC overall. Build even more momentum heading into the playoffs.

2017 - Chillicothe 31 - Jackson 17 (CHS Outright Champs)
2018 - Jackson 20 - Chillicothe 7 (JHS Co-Champs w/ Hillsboro)
2019 - Jackson 49 - Chillicothe 2 (JHS Outright Champs)
2020 - Chillicothe 30 - Jackson 27 (2OT) (CHS Outright Champs)
Been a pretty good series minus 2019 when Jackson routed em. Definitely a rivalry building.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

With Jackson odds of winning and the tough games for the teams directly behind Chillicothe……it’s decently possible that this could also be a first round matchup

And not a stretch that a rematch with Western Brown week 12 and getting too far ahead of myself but a rematch with Tri Valley in line for week 13……all just looking at rankings snd assuming nothing.

Very good region and I feel Jackson has been well prepared. Mishaps and issues on the field have been cleaned up and backups have been developed and better prepped for their big snaps during a big game.

Keeping this upward trend vs Chillicothe would be huge IMO

LBD0263
Riding the Bench

Post by LBD0263 »

You have to believe coach Hall has been looking forward to this game oh since last October. Continue staying fundamentally sound and take what they give you. Jackson will be hyped up and for sure be ready to roll in this 1.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

After some looking ahead I think Jackson will host Jonathan Alder in week 11

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

We’ll show up but I don’t like our chances after knocking you guys off last year. Not sure we can make enough plays or you guys can mess up enough for a Cavs win. Jackson by 10

Jimbob2023
Riding the Bench

Post by Jimbob2023 »

Jackson by 40+

The problem is with all these beat downs is that we really have no idea where Jackson really is come playoffs. The FAC is really down and just bad, other than Jackson. We know the the D is pretty darn good, and the O looks pretty good. But MT defense, for example, basically put absolutely no pressure on the QBs and had basically no idea where our receivers were. By the time they realized, the receiver had caught the ball and was off to the goal line. Other than a couple players, the MT offense could basically do nothing against our defense. Chillicothe looks to maybe be about the same.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Jimbob2023 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:19 am Jackson by 40+

The problem is with all these beat downs is that we really have no idea where Jackson really is come playoffs. The FAC is really down and just bad, other than Jackson. We know the the D is pretty darn good, and the O looks pretty good. But MT defense, for example, basically put absolutely no pressure on the QBs and had basically no idea where our receivers were. By the time they realized, the receiver had caught the ball and was off to the goal line. Other than a couple players, the MT offense could basically do nothing against our defense. Chillicothe looks to maybe be about the same.

Agree 💯

Defense is good , which is typical of a Jackson football team. Power run game needs work but Jackson has a great passing game right now . I know it’s against FAC teams but still a weapon we haven’t had in a while.

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

Hopefully Jackson by 56+ but I’ll take them by 35. Jackson Can play bad as they want and still win with ease.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

LetsBeReal wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:08 am Hopefully Jackson by 56+ but I’ll take them by 35. Jackson Can play bad as they want and still win with ease.
Hope you’re right !

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

Ironmen98 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:10 am
LetsBeReal wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:08 am Hopefully Jackson by 56+ but I’ll take them by 35. Jackson Can play bad as they want and still win with ease.
Hope you’re right !
I think Jackson took their lumps at the beginning of the season and are looking to make a run. This is a good tuneup game for playoffs. Chillicothe doesn’t have bad players. They have good athletes for a program that can’t put it together yet. It’s not a cupcake game but is a good game for Jackson to work out final kinks headed to the playoffs.

Return to “Football”