Wk 10 MVL Big School Title Game: John Glenn at Tri-Valley

teach1coach2
All State

Wk 10 MVL Big School Title Game: John Glenn at Tri-Valley

Post by teach1coach2 »

Beginning of the season I expected John Glenn to win the title and Tri-Valley and Sheridan to battle for runner up. John Glenn has had some injuries throughout and will have key players missing this week. I expect Tri-Valley to win in a close game.

A full strength John Glenn team beat Sheridan 56-0. Tri-Valley just beat Sheridan 20-6.

John Glenn just beat Philo 20-14. On October 1, Tri-Valley beat Philo 45-20.

Bluroon
Riding the Bench

Re: Wk 10 MVL Big School Title Game: John Glenn at Tri-Valley

Post by Bluroon »

A full strength JG team and this is a completely different game but the offense has been kinda sluggish since the injury losses. The defense has been solid and has to keep this low scoring to make this a game. On the other hand, valuable game experience for several sophomores and freshman could mean a solid future for JG. Good luck to both teams

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

Can't disagree with any of that.

1gcfan
Riding the Bench

Post by 1gcfan »

I see JG in a close one. Too bad about the injuries. Teach, is it possible for them to get out of the Muskingum contract? I remember many moons ago attending a game at the high school before the field had lights.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Big game. The Jackson 31-0 win over Tri Valley looks more and more impressive every week. I feel like JG will win but Tri Vslley has had a very good season.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Will be close, but JG wins a slug feast

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

TV at home

LBD0263
Riding the Bench

Post by LBD0263 »

With the injuries and TV @ home I've got TV in a close one. Should be a great game.

General
Waterboy

Post by General »

JG beat Sheridan 49-0 and Jackson’s win over Tri Valley was 24-3.

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

Game should be very competitive. I think Tri-Valley will win by 10-14 points.

JG missing some key players. TV has some sophomores and freshmen who played very little early in the season who play more and more each week and make them a better overall team.

Won't be shocked if JG wins but gut tells me the title ends up back in Dresden. It's home for most the last decade.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Is JG is back to the injury bug , then it’s TV at home.

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

Tri-Valley 20 John Glenn 7

JG has 2 studs out for the season and another stud got ejected late 3rd quarter for a decking a TV receiver (shot to head after overthrown ball had hit the ground). JG still has a really good defense, but they struggle greatly on offense. Their only touchdown was a hail mary at the half. TV had about 5 long run/short passes brought back for holding. On most I have no idea where they saw a hold. Could have been a bigger margin of victory.

MVL title back in Dresden where it belongs.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Nice win TV. TV and Sheridan kinda of been the king in the MVL for a long time. TV n Sheridan should make nice runs. Good luck 🍀

General
Waterboy

Post by General »

TV must have church services each week or something because they have really been “fortunate”. SheridNs running back got dinged up week 8/9 which really changed that game against TV........and if JG has their full compliment of players they beat TV easily in my opinion. Also, you can see the hit that the JG kid got ejected for on the internet .....ridiculously bad call. No helmet contact at all, shoulder pad to the chest....not late either. I can see an official thinking it was unnecessary and flagging it but to eject the kid is a disgrace . I have noticed more and more how officials apply the college and pro rules to a high school game. There is no targeting or defenseless player rules in high school.

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

General wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:22 pm TV must have church services each week or something because they have really been “fortunate”. SheridNs running back got dinged up week 8/9 which really changed that game against TV........and if JG has their full compliment of players they beat TV easily in my opinion. Also, you can see the hit that the JG kid got ejected for on the internet .....ridiculously bad call. No helmet contact at all, shoulder pad to the chest....not late either. I can see an official thinking it was unnecessary and flagging it but to eject the kid is a disgrace . I have noticed more and more how officials apply the college and pro rules to a high school game. There is no targeting or defenseless player rules in high school.
There most definitely is targeting and defenseless players designations in HS. Like many other rules, there are differences between HS, college and pro ball.

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

General wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:22 pm TV must have church services each week or something because they have really been “fortunate”. SheridNs running back got dinged up week 8/9 which really changed that game against TV........and if JG has their full compliment of players they beat TV easily in my opinion. Also, you can see the hit that the JG kid got ejected for on the internet .....ridiculously bad call. No helmet contact at all, shoulder pad to the chest....not late either. I can see an official thinking it was unnecessary and flagging it but to eject the kid is a disgrace . I have noticed more and more how officials apply the college and pro rules to a high school game. There is no targeting or defenseless player rules in high school.
I can't disagree that TV was fortunate vs Sheridan and John Glenn due to the injuries those teams had at that point. In real time, I would have thrown the JG player out of the game for trying to hurt a defenseless player (which is what the refs did). I have heard on slow motion it shows it was not a shot to the head. HS doesn't have slow mo video replay so it's hard to knock the refs on that play.

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

teach1coach2 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:45 am
I can't disagree that TV was fortunate vs Sheridan and John Glenn due to the injuries those teams had at that point. In real time, I would have thrown the JG player out of the game for trying to hurt a defenseless player (which is what the refs did). I have heard on slow motion it shows it was not a shot to the head. HS doesn't have slow mo video replay so it's hard to knock the refs on that play.
I can’t comment because I haven’t seen the play. However, only way a player is ejected is if the officials feel that the player had intent to harm the other player with the hit.

Bluroon
Riding the Bench

Post by Bluroon »

I've seen it several times and I don't dispute a flag being thrown because of today's football standards since the ball was clearly past the receiver but to eject on a judgement call of game speed play is dumb. I was told the play the play was reviewed early week and the ejected player was cleared to play last night.

Return to “Football”