Week 10 Waverly at Oak Hill

WHS2000grad
Riding the Bench

Re: Week 10 Waverly at Oak Hill

Post by WHS2000grad »

Looks like as #5 seed we draw Germantown Valley View. Waynesville got beat so they will not jump them. We have not had success against Valley View in the playoffs.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

WHS2000grad wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:59 pm Looks like as #5 seed we draw Germantown Valley View. Waynesville got beat so they will not jump them. We have not had success against Valley View in the playoffs.
Yeah it’ll be a tough draw for the Tigers in round one if Valley Views is the opponent.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Kicker. wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:20 pm
Omega wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:52 pm
Kicker. wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:16 pm Wonder where this puts us going into week 11 with all the others games in the region finishing up
The #2 and #3 teams, Eaton and McNicholas both lost tonight, but eyeballing #4 Waverly's potential points even with their win tonight look like they may drop to 5th behind Clinton-Massie. Good enough for one home game to open the playoffs. Strength of schedule and second level points matter. Massie's schedule is mostly D2 and D3 schools.

http://www.joeeitel.com/hsfoot/region.j ... &year=2021

Wonder how much not playing Chillicothe hurt us or not playing at all would that have made that much of a difference? I know Chillicothe didn’t want many games but begs the question
A TON, this was always my concern with teams that decided to just sit the week out. Looking at the #'s had Waverly played Chillicothe DIII or some other decent team probably a real shot they land the #2/3 spot. Now they take on a Germantown Valley View team who is 5-5 but lost some close games to good teams 4 of the 5 teams were 8 and 9 win teams and the last team was a 7 win Ross team who sits #4 in DIII region 12.

WHS2000grad
Riding the Bench

Post by WHS2000grad »

greygoose wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:32 am
Kicker. wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:20 pm
Omega wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:52 pm

The #2 and #3 teams, Eaton and McNicholas both lost tonight, but eyeballing #4 Waverly's potential points even with their win tonight look like they may drop to 5th behind Clinton-Massie. Good enough for one home game to open the playoffs. Strength of schedule and second level points matter. Massie's schedule is mostly D2 and D3 schools.

http://www.joeeitel.com/hsfoot/region.j ... &year=2021

Wonder how much not playing Chillicothe hurt us or not playing at all would that have made that much of a difference? I know Chillicothe didn’t want many games but begs the question
A TON, this was always my concern with teams that decided to just sit the week out. Looking at the #'s had Waverly played Chillicothe DIII or some other decent team probably a real shot they land the #2/3 spot. Now they take on a Germantown Valley View team who is 5-5 but lost some close games to good teams 4 of the 5 teams were 8 and 9 win teams and the last team was a 7 win Ross team who sits #4 in DIII region 12.
By my math Waverly would still be #5 beating Chllicothe it would be much closer. My math could be wrong, the loss at Wheelersburg is what did us in. Reminds me a lot of 2001 when we shot ourselves in the foot at Portsmouth West.
But all of that is moot! You play the team on your schdeule that team is Valley View.

Return to “Football”