WEEK 10: Valley at Minford

packers80
SE

Re: WEEK 10: Valley at Minford

Post by packers80 »

packers80 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:55 pm
vladimir wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:24 pm
packers80 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:25 pm You honestly saw Minford beating Waverly by 2 - 3 scores last week? Minford hasn't beaten a team with a winning record this year when they played them. Wow
Minford has beaten Wellston, E. Clinton and West Portsmouth; all with winning records. The Falcons were 20-seconds away from defeating W'burg. If the Minford team that played West and W'burg shows up, then they'll cruse against Valley. Against Waverly, the Falcons had 6-turnovers and 1-punt returned for a TD in the first half. The Falcons would have trouble beating Northwest playing as they did against Waverly.

I look for the Falcons to roll in this one 35-7
Those teams didn't have winning records when minford beat them.
Well, east Clinton did, the other 2 didn't get above 500 til last week. And play the "if" game all you want when talking about the Waverly and BURG games, it's still a loss. Good luck going forward.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Valley holds a 41-20-1 all time W-L record against Minford. 22 games have been decided by a touchdown or less. There’s been some great games in this series.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

packers80 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:03 pm

Minford has beaten Wellston, E. Clinton and West Portsmouth; all with winning records. The Falcons were 20-seconds away from defeating W'burg. If the Minford team that played West and W'burg shows up, then they'll cruse against Valley. Against Waverly, the Falcons had 6-turnovers and 1-punt returned for a TD in the first half. The Falcons would have trouble beating Northwest playing as they did against Waverly.

Well, east Clinton did, the other 2 didn't get above 500 til last week. And play the "if" game all you want when talking about the Waverly and BURG games, it's still a loss. Good luck going forward.
OK, so I guess by your logic when Ironton whipped that snot outta Wheelersburg in week one it wasn't that big of a deal b/c neither team had a winning record.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

vladimir wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:55 pm

OK, so I guess by your logic when Ironton whipped that snot outta Wheelersburg in week one it wasn't that big of a deal b/c neither team had a winning record.
That's not my logic. No one has a winning record week one. And I'll add, who else has the nads to play BURG'S schedule year in and year out? The reason BURG wins down the stretch in tight games each year ( example: against minford and waverly) is that they schedule up. That's my logic. The tough non conference pays dividends. Minford has a winning record against teams who have few wins.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

packers80 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:51 pm

That's not my logic. No one has a winning record week one. And I'll add, who else has the nads to play BURG'S schedule year in and year out? The reason BURG wins down the stretch in tight games each year ( example: against minford and waverly) is that they schedule up. That's my logic. The tough non conference pays dividends. Minford has a winning record against teams who have few wins.
So what you're trying to say, as of now three of those teams Minford beat have winning records, but when Minford played them only 1 of them did, so at the time Minford played those two other teams, those wins we not as important? :lol:

Yes, W'burg does play a tough non-conf schedule, but that's not what we're talking about here.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Really don’t know what to think about this matchup Minford was there against burg and played their worst game just a week ago against Waverly. Valley has played everyone tough all year I think they win this rivalry

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

vladimir wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:36 pm

So what you're trying to say, as of now three of those teams Minford beat have winning records, but when Minford played them only 1 of them did, so at the time Minford played those two other teams, those wins we not as important? :lol:

Yes, W'burg does play a tough non-conf schedule, but that's not what we're talking about here.
Your catching on a little but still not there. Keep beating that falcon drum vlad, it's noble work you're doing.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

packers80 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:21 pm

Your catching on a little but still not there. Keep beating that falcon drum vlad, it's noble work you're doing.
The point you're trying to make is irrelevant. Maybe come playoff time, it might be more relevant when comparing opponents but it's still a stretch.

Wburg was 2-3 when Minford was 20-seconds away from beating them. So if Minford managed the clock better and made Wburg 2-4, that win wouldn't have mattered so much, right??? :lol:

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

vladimir wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:44 pm
packers80 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:21 pm

The point you're trying to make is irrelevant. Maybe come playoff time, it might be more relevant when comparing opponents but it's still a stretch.

Wburg was 2-3 when Minford was 20-seconds away from beating them. So if Minford managed the clock better and made Wburg 2-4, that win wouldn't have mattered so much, right??? :lol:
Absolutely not

HatTrick
Riding the Bench

Post by HatTrick »

History repeats itself. Valley tops Muletown in a good ole fashioned mud bowl throwdown 21-17. Free blackies hot dogs after the game only with a purchase of expired chewing tobacco. GO VALLEY!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

packers80 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:25 pm You honestly saw Minford beating Waverly by 2 - 3 scores last week? Minford hasn't beaten a team with a winning record this year when they played them. Wow

Why are you so argumentative dude? You dont have ties to Minford and you dont have ties to Valley. So why do you care? Do you just like to type? Do you just like to hear yourself talk?

Trust me, nobody cares what you think or have to say on here.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:08 am

Why are you so argumentative dude? You dont have ties to Minford and you dont have ties to Valley. So why do you care? Do you just like to type? Do you just like to hear yourself talk?

Trust me, nobody cares what you think or have to say on here.
Good luck Friday. Those Indians are sneaky this time of year.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

HatTrick wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:20 am History repeats itself. Valley tops Muletown in a good ole fashioned mud bowl throwdown 21-17. Free blackies hot dogs after the game only with a purchase of expired chewing tobacco. GO VALLEY!
FYI there has not been or will ever be any EXPIRED Tobacco in Muletown!!!!!

HatTrick
Riding the Bench

Post by HatTrick »

Blitz wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:21 am
HatTrick wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:20 am History repeats itself. Valley tops Muletown in a good ole fashioned mud bowl throwdown 21-17. Free blackies hot dogs after the game only with a purchase of expired chewing tobacco. GO VALLEY!
Just last week Qwick Stop sold me red man from when Obama was in office. THE COUNTRY STORE WOULD NEVER! Lucasville by 3 scores!

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I like the way you think, i'll go with the Indians in this one too. Always a good game in this rivalry.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

HatTrick wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:46 am
Just last week Qwick Stop sold me red man from when Obama was in office. THE COUNTRY STORE WOULD NEVER! Lucasville by 3 scores!
Qwick Stop is in Minford we are talking MULETOWN....no way there is expired chew there too much Pride for that !!!! lol

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Blitz wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:20 pm

Qwick Stop is in Minford we are talking MULETOWN....no way there is expired chew there too much Pride for that !!!! lol
Minford has a very small zip code. Muletown is technically Lucasville with a 45648 zip. This is the battle for Muletown

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

vladimir wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:24 pm
Blitz wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:20 pm

Minford has a very small zip code. Muletown is technically Lucasville with a 45648 zip. This is the battle for Muletown
Battle for Muletown I love it 😂 Traveling trophy of the store for the yearly winner.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Is the trophy a Blackie hot dog or whatever? Haha

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

transplant wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:50 pm Is the trophy a Blackie hot dog or whatever? Haha
The trophy shall be a bronzed mule kicking it’s hind legs back into the air. Just like the logo.

The losing team has to buy the other squad Blackies hotdogs after the game.

Return to “Football”