Top Reasons for Transfers

transplant
SE

Re: Top Reasons for Transfers

Post by transplant »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:01 pm
transplant wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:17 pm Not always 100% on the parents. Me for example almost transferred to another school my junior year because my school was on the verge of not being able to field a soccer team. I wanted to play soccer somewhere, so I had the option to transfer. Would not have been my parents decision, if I would have ended up transferring, it would have been all me.
Your parents wouldn’t have to ok the move?
Illegally I’d say yea, but would have been my choice. Actually my parents were split on me transferring, so majority rules and I would have transferred. But still wasn’t all up to them or ultimately their decision. I could drive, had my own car, all I needed was their signature.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

If you look at most transfers are not for athletic reasons. I know several kids who play sports. That transfer to play with their friends. Or transfer because of a girlfriend or so on. Yes parents allow it but parents didn’t make them transfer

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

I believe it just depends on how each individual student athlete and each family view transferring. Like it or not transfers are a big part of high school athletics today. Years even decades ago it was frowned upon and not as frequent. Today kids/ families transfer to more desirable schools, usually more athletically accomplished than where they was. Does that mean high school may be turning into more like college, the rich get richer?

NW97
Freshman Team

Post by NW97 »

"If you're going to transfer to different schools throughout your high school years, I already do NOT want to recruit you....because I know you do not have perseverance and grit."
Nick Saban

Riverrats
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrats »

Almost always academics, athletics, amenities the school offers, or issues with other students. It's not a big deal, go where it's the best fit. It's high school not a marriage.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

NW97 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:30 pm "If you're going to transfer to different schools throughout your high school years, I already do NOT want to recruit you....because I know you do not have perseverance and grit."
Nick Saban
Yeah let's quote a guy who at one point had to re-up scholarships every year and if he needed room he'd make a player who wasn't cutting it a student coach and use his scholarship for another 5 star athlete. Also he'd recruit a snake if it'd help him win another championship, his loyalty is to himself, notice he's not turning away transfer students he's getting. :lol: :lol:
Last edited by greygoose on Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

NW97 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:30 pm "If you're going to transfer to different schools throughout your high school years, I already do NOT want to recruit you....because I know you do not have perseverance and grit."
Nick Saban
I think there’s a difference between transferring because you don’t want to compete for a spot and transferring to better yourself as a player and be apart of a winning program

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:21 am1. Parents
😂

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

Nick Saban
Truth. Lack of loyalty.

REDMAN
Waterboy

Post by REDMAN »

Transfers beware

if you move to Ironton

you will have to pay a 2% income tax.. 100,000= 2,000 to the city
your water bill will be roughly 150-250 a month because they put more city taxes on there

And honestly not even sure what that money goes to. THe town is ran down

REDMAN
Waterboy

Post by REDMAN »

unless they move in with the coaches :)

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Sometimes the offers are just better at the other schools.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

mlittle wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:16 pm Sometimes the offers are just better at the other schools.
What kind of offers? Academically, athletically, etc.

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

REDMAN wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:46 pm Transfers beware

if you move to Ironton

you will have to pay a 2% income tax.. 100,000= 2,000 to the city
your water bill will be roughly 150-250 a month because they put more city taxes on there

And honestly not even sure what that money goes to. THe town is ran down
actually it’s 1%. and if you move now after the super bowl win, you don’t have to move.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:26 pm
mlittle wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:16 pm Sometimes the offers are just better at the other schools.
Free sneakers

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

mlittle wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:34 pm
MadeInRossCounty wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:26 pm
Free sneakers
If you look good, you feel good, if you feel good, you play good!

wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

Some like to say kids should stay for loyalty. What about when the school is failing to be loyal to the program by not providing resources and qualified dedicated coaches

84Dragon
JV Team

Post by 84Dragon »

Straight cash Homey

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

wrestlefan wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:49 pm Some like to say kids should stay for loyalty. What about when the school is failing to be loyal to the program by not providing resources and qualified dedicated coaches
Come on! Preach!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

wrestlefan wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:49 pm Some like to say kids should stay for loyalty. What about when the school is failing to be loyal to the program by not providing resources and qualified dedicated coaches
According to certain posters that's still the parents fault as well.

Return to “Football”