COACH OF THE YEAR

F5fan
Waterboy

Re: COACH OF THE YEAR

Post by F5fan »

Coach of the year has to go to Bishop Sycamore coach. I mean, who can fool the entire OHSAA, state of Ohio and ESPN then actually get a game on national TV with arguably he best high school football program in the country. No other candidates need to apply..😁😁

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

IMO Coach Woodward of Burg should get some consideration. This year has been one of his best coaching achievements as far as the way Burg started and how much they have improved and won their conference. Good job by Burgs coaching staff and credit the players for working hard

Burg grad 85
Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

scott1297 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:39 pm IMO Coach Woodward of Burg should get some consideration. This year has been one of his best coaching achievements as far as the way Burg started and how much they have improved and won their conference. Good job by Burgs coaching staff and credit the players for working hard
It’s pretty impressive that his “down years” are league championships and playoff appearances

Tkyhunter12g
Waterboy

Post by Tkyhunter12g »

Some might not agree with this but coach Webb has to get some consideration aswell he will more than likely be the coach or the year in conference but he has taken the smallest d6 school in the state to the second undefeated season in program history amd won the conference championship aswell

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

sider wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:50 pm
fortdawg wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:17 pm [quote=sider post_id=<a href="tel:1962795">1962795</a> time=<a href="tel:1635020622">1635020622</a> user_id=5555]
[quote=fortdawg post_id=<a href="tel:1962618">1962618</a> time=<a href="tel:1634989575">1634989575</a> user_id=64]
It has to be the guy from Cincy Oak Hills.
He led his team to the playoffs with a 0-10 record.
I've never seen that feat accomplished before!
Their Head Coach led East Central (Ind) to a state title and runner-up. Was also the Coach of the Year there.

Wonder if he forgot how to coach? Or does having good players matter?
It looks like football is a lot tougher in Ohio than Indiana to me. :)
[/quote]

That is true.
He also coaches at a school in a top tier conference where most of his talent goes to St. X, Elder, and LaSalle.

I don’t know the guy or much about the program, but they have never won.

The topic of the thread is silly and I felt it warranted the response.
[/quote]
I posted it as a joke and to point out the silliness of taking 16 teams in a 17 team region.
This reminds me that there are people out there who always miss the point and are looking for reasons to be outraged. :)
Kudos for you picking up on the silliness of a Coach of the Year post to a guy who went winless. :)

Tow Head
Freshman Team

Post by Tow Head »

fortdawg wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:49 am
fortdawg wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:17 pm [quote=sider post_id=<a href="tel:1962795">1962795</a> time=<a href="tel:1635020622">1635020622</a> user_id=5555]
[quote=fortdawg post_id=<a href="tel:1962618">1962618</a> time=<a href="tel:1634989575">1634989575</a> user_id=64]
It has to be the guy from Cincy Oak Hills.
He led his team to the playoffs with a 0-10 record.
I've never seen that feat accomplished before!
Their Head Coach led East Central (Ind) to a state title and runner-up. Was also the Coach of the Year there.

That is true.
He also coaches at a school in a top tier conference where most of his talent goes to St. X, Elder, and LaSalle.

[/quote]
I posted it as a joke and to point out the silliness of taking 16 teams in a 17 team region.
This reminds me that there are people out there who always miss the point and are looking for reasons to be outraged. :)
Kudos for you picking up on the silliness of a Coach of the Year post to a guy who went winless. :)
[/quote]

I don't think you can count out coach Faires at Trimble and/or Rusty at Nelsonville. Both have won multiple league titles and keep churning out playoff calibre teams year in and year out at small schools. Unheard of in SEO except for those two. Also the guy at FF should be considered if for no other reason than he slowed down Trimble's offense a bit. Rusty did too and they are the only ones able to do that this year.

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

scott1297 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:39 pm IMO Coach Woodward of Burg should get some consideration. This year has been one of his best coaching achievements as far as the way Burg started and how much they have improved and won their conference. Good job by Burgs coaching staff and credit the players for working hard
I agree 100% with this. They were thought to have a down year and they were 3 inches (Jackson FG miss) and a rescheduled game away from possibly being 9-1 this year. I think they beat Ashland if they would have played that game. Instead they take a tough Pikeville team on short notice. This isn't a Wheelersburg team of the past few years but they continue to field solid football teams.

Obviously this is all hypothetical, and that's why you play the game.

Paladine
Waterboy

Post by Paladine »

Tow Head wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:56 am
fortdawg wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:49 am

That is true.

[/quote]

I don't think you can count out coach Faires at Trimble and/or Rusty at Nelsonville. Both have won multiple league titles and keep churning out playoff calibre teams year in and year out at small schools. Unheard of in SEO except for those two. Also the guy at FF should be considered if for no other reason than he slowed down Trimble's offense a bit. Rusty did too and they are the only ones able to do that this year.
[/quote]

Those two are winning league championships due to pi** poor competition in the league. Both lost to the good teams they played this year. No cookie or trophy for mediocrity.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Hands down Coach Woodward should get it. After that loss to Ironton the majority on here had Burg having a losing season and no where close to winning the SOC. Throw is he also had the drama to deal with of dismissing the OC before the last two games.

No brainer in my book!!!!

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:21 pm Hands down Coach Woodward should get it. After that loss to Ironton the majority on here had Burg having a losing season and no where close to winning the SOC. Throw is he also had the drama to deal with of dismissing the OC before the last two games.

No brainer in my book!!!!
Very well said

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast

Return to “Football”