SVC Awards

luvtlm
Riding the Bench

Re: SVC Awards

Post by luvtlm »

2pvfballers wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:50 pm I just wonder how the #1 TE in the state of Ohio and #9 TE in the country doesn’t even make the all SVC team?
Who is that?

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

2pvfballers wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:50 pm I just wonder how the #1 TE in the state of Ohio and #9 TE in the country doesn’t even make the all SVC team?
Mostly because they don't play in the SVC

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

Just cause he is being recruited by every D1 college in America doesn’t mean he gets an automatic all league spot. Look at the stats he had 8 catches for 192 yards on a 4-6 team. Far from all league numbers…….

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

The problem with the SVC all league voting is they just plug kids in to awards that really don’t make sense. Nichols special teams POY. Copper Defensive POY. Nichols barely played special teams & Coppers defensive numbers aren’t that great compared to rest of league. Both Players offensive numbers were very impressive but unfortunately for them Gullion numbers were off the chart.

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

They need 1-3 all league teams with players at every position. Voted on by the coaches.

2pvfballers
Waterboy

Post by 2pvfballers »

Unioto’s Tavion Galloway. It’s all over his Insta that he’s number 1 in the state and #9 in the country.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Svcguru wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:47 pm
Just cause he is being recruited by every D1 college in America doesn’t mean he gets an automatic all league spot. Look at the stats he had 8 catches for 192 yards on a 4-6 team. Far from all league numbers…….
Just based off of his performances in game, I honestly am not sure what he has done to make him the #1 TE in Ohio. I’m not hating on the kid, I’m just going off stats and watching him perform. Now I understand why he is getting D1 offers, it’s because he is 6’6 and very athletic as a sophomore. Can’t coach that. But when it comes to being a great football player, he hasn’t shown much at least yet. He doesn’t run good routes and still drops catchable balls and isn’t a great blocker. Now the kid could turn out to be a heck of a player and I wouldn’t be surprised. He seems to want it and like I said, has the athleticism to make it happen. But is extremely raw at this point. I saw many other players who are strides better than him this season that don’t even get glanced at when it comes to college offers.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

90% of coaches in the league in every sport are below normal intelligence levels. It’s a well known fact.

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

Post by GeneralCarpenter »

Svcguru wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:09 pm The problem with the SVC all league voting is they just plug kids in to awards that really don’t make sense. Nichols special teams POY. Copper Defensive POY. Nichols barely played special teams & Coppers defensive numbers aren’t that great compared to rest of league. Both Players offensive numbers were very impressive but unfortunately for them Gullion numbers were off the chart.
They need a new system for awards. Kicker and punter were both wrong, with one of them not even being close. Nichols was the second best player so they just gave him an award. Same thing with Cooper. They should let media vote for these because it means more to the kids than they think.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

Football voting is not like Basketball or Baseball voting for All-SVC. Completely different.

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

All SVC should be based on position, not how a team did in the league. If a team has 10 first teamers, so be it.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

GeneralCarpenter wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:02 pm
Svcguru wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:09 pm The problem with the SVC all league voting is they just plug kids in to awards that really don’t make sense. Nichols special teams POY. Copper Defensive POY. Nichols barely played special teams & Coppers defensive numbers aren’t that great compared to rest of league. Both Players offensive numbers were very impressive but unfortunately for them Gullion numbers were off the chart.
They need a new system for awards. Kicker and punter were both wrong, with one of them not even being close. Nichols was the second best player so they just gave him an award. Same thing with Cooper. They should let media vote for these because it means more to the kids than they think.
Yes, Media should be voting for the awards not the coaches. Too much lobbying going on for kids between coaches before the meeting even takes place. And there is zero accountability being put on the coaches for getting it wrong year after year.

wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

its a shame that they wont get this right.
they never will
good ole boy club
awards are not given out on merit

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

wrestlefan wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:57 pm its a shame that they wont get this right.
they never will
good ole boy club
awards are not given out on merit
Fax

joeboggs1
JV Team

Post by joeboggs1 »

Not like there is a ton of media covering the SVC. Not sure how they could have the media vote on these things.

Return to “Football”