SVC Awards

hbk1999
JV Team

Re: SVC Awards

Post by hbk1999 »

tnichols10 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:06 pm
mlittle wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:59 pm
tnichols10 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:26 pm Cmon now Gullion is a great player but you ask the other svc coaches who they think would win in a rematch of ZT/Piketon and most would pick ZT.
If there was a rematch Between Piketon and ZT, Piketon wins by 3+ scores.

This is a far more likely outcome than ZT winning
There is Nooo way! Piketon was very fortunate to pull out the win the 1st time. People don't even realize that ZT had the ball inside Piketons 40 after the 2nd Gullion pick to start the 4th qtr up 24-20. Nichols goes out with leg cramp after gaining 1st down. If ZT scores they are up 31-20. That's when the fake punt was called. Nichols wasn't able to run any the 4th qrt which Piketon hadn't stopped him or Barnhart all night.
Nichols must be greatest player to ever play in SVC

You should stop before you make yourself look even more foolish

tnichols10
Waterboy

Post by tnichols10 »

hbk1999 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:36 pm
mlittle wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:59 pm

If there was a rematch Between Piketon and ZT, Piketon wins by 3+ scores.

This is a far more likely outcome than ZT winning
There is Nooo way! Piketon was very fortunate to pull out the win the 1st time. People don't even realize that ZT had the ball inside Piketons 40 after the 2nd Gullion pick to start the 4th qtr up 24-20. Nichols goes out with leg cramp after gaining 1st down. If ZT scores they are up 31-20. That's when the fake punt was called. Nichols wasn't able to run any the 4th qrt which Piketon hadn't stopped him or Barnhart all night.

Never said he is the greatest but he is very good. Just debating this nonsense that Piketon is the only good team in the svc and certain player deserves ever award. That is foolish.

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

tnichols10 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:55 pm

Never said he is the greatest but he is very good. Just debating this nonsense that Piketon is the only good team in the svc and certain player deserves ever award. That is foolish.

No one but you has said that. You might need to chill out a bit. Your son has a had a great career, don't embarrass him on SEOPS.

tnichols10
Waterboy

Post by tnichols10 »

hbk1999 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:58 pm
tnichols10 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:55 pm

No one but you has said that. You might need to chill out a bit. Your son has a had a great career, don't embarrass him on SEOPS.
Now that is good bait but I won't bite. :D

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Piketon is the only decent team this year. ZT is very average. It just is what it is this year. The league is very very bad so it’s hard to gauge who is good and who isn't. We will find out very soon tho.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

tnichols10 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:52 pm
MadeInRossCounty wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:35 pm Every game is different. Piketon didn't play their best, ZT had their chance, and just didn't get it done.
Agree ZT had their chance and Piketon deserves the gold ball. I'm just saying there are other great players in the league and there isn't much separation between ZT and Piketon. Again I'm probably a little bias but oh well. I may only have 1 or 2 weeks left to watch my boy play and will always be his biggest fan!
Understand completely. If he only has 1 or 2 weeks of high school football left, kick back and enjoy every moment. Remember it's not our jobs to pat ourselves on the back, that's a job for other people.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

There's no debating Piketon was/is the cream of the crop when it comes to SVC play this year. However the SVC is downright awful this year, if you take Piketon and ZT out of the equation there was a total of 2 wins outside conference play by the other 6 teams. So we'll just call it 18 non-conference games by the other 6 teams in that conference and there was 2 wins. ZT was the 2nd best team in the conference but in terms of overall play I would say they're average to slightly above average. Even with as well as Piketon played I don't believe we'll be seeing them make a deep run either, I'm still not sold on the defense and the they've spent 9 weeks simply beating up on teams nowhere near the talent level they have.

doze0815
Waterboy

Post by doze0815 »

Nichols AND Gullion are BOTH exceptional athletes and BOTH deserve POY. There are a LOT of things that need consideration when talking about what they've done and the numbers they've been able to achieve. BOTH are invaluable to their team. How many yards did they get when way ahead ? How much did they play when ahead by 30 ? There were 3 games Nichols didn't play at all in the second half, so when you look at the box scores, look at the points by quarters, look at when the scores come. Tyler had a GREAT season, but for the POY, with EVERYTHING considered, offense,defense, special teams, I think Nichols is slightly ahead. And yes the league is WAY DOWN this year, but to say that Zane Trace is an "average" team is just plain ignorance. And yes, having watched games by BOTH teams, if they could play again, I'd take ZT in a heartbeat. So, Mr Nichols, I do agree with what you've said. I don't have a horse in this race, but Been Nichols is an excellent athlete and SHOULD be considered

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

I only have for sure 1 game left to watch my son play a game also, and he plays on the Piketon defense that has been the subject of a bunch of criticism by posters on here. Does the Piketon defense deserve the criticism, who cares! Its mostly anonymous people posting on a public website! I have done nothing but enjoyed this ride Piketon football has been on. My kid has been asked to start kicking off, and has done well, then tried extra points, and is improving there also. They use him as full back in heavy situations, and recently stepped in at offensive tackle when an injury occurred. Just enjoy what your team has accomplished! Go Streaks!

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

As far as POY I do think you have to give it to Gullion from Piketon. The kid Lead his team to a gold ball and his numbers are off the chart. As far as Nichols, the kid had an unbelievable season. Any other year he wins POY easy. Saying Zt would beat Piketon in a rematch is pointless. Zt had there chance and lost. Zt better be ready for a good Portsmouth team that will challenge Zt’s young secondary. Piketon better get ready cause moving forward after week 11 is going to be no easy task in a loaded region 19.

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

The other question is where would Piketon & Zt be without Gullion & Nichols? Which team would have the bigger drop off?

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Piketon did not play Southeastern.

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

Stay classy my friends. Oh wait this is Seops, can’t happen.

I would have won the powerball if I had the right numbers, but I didn’t.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

eagles73Taylor wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:03 am I only have for sure 1 game left to watch my son play a game also, and he plays on the Piketon defense that has been the subject of a bunch of criticism by posters on here. Does the Piketon defense deserve the criticism, who cares! Its mostly anonymous people posting on a public website! I have done nothing but enjoyed this ride Piketon football has been on. My kid has been asked to start kicking off, and has done well, then tried extra points, and is improving there also. They use him as full back in heavy situations, and recently stepped in at offensive tackle when an injury occurred. Just enjoy what your team has accomplished! Go Streaks!
Sounds like an unselfish player who is willing to do whatever the coach asks of him and whatever the team needs of him. I like his style. Job well done as a parent.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

greygoose wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:21 pm There's no debating Piketon was/is the cream of the crop when it comes to SVC play this year. However the SVC is downright awful this year, if you take Piketon and ZT out of the equation there was a total of 2 wins outside conference play by the other 6 teams. So we'll just call it 18 non-conference games by the other 6 teams in that conference and there was 2 wins. ZT was the 2nd best team in the conference but in terms of overall play I would say they're average to slightly above average. Even with as well as Piketon played I don't believe we'll be seeing them make a deep run either, I'm still not sold on the defense and the they've spent 9 weeks simply beating up on teams nowhere near the talent level they have.
The league is downright pathetic this year. But I think Piketon has 2 winnable playoff games. Would love to see them get those first 2 and just see what happens after that. Good luck to coach Gullion and the streaks.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Was just wandering was Gullion the leading rusher in the SVC.

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

According to the stats posted on the SVC webpage, Levi Gullion has more than double the passing yards and touchdown passes than does Nichols. He also has more rushing yards and a higher yards gained average than Nichols on fewer carries and in fewer games. Nichols is a very good player, and I wouldn't mind seeing him suiting up for the Red Streaks, but he is no match for Gullion.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

mikepike wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:49 am According to the stats posted on the SVC webpage, Levi Gullion has more than double the passing yards and touchdown passes than does Nichols. He also has more rushing yards and a higher yards gained average than Nichols on fewer carries and in fewer games. Nichols is a very good player, and I wouldn't mind seeing him suiting up for the Red Streaks, but he is no match for Gullion.
Yeah and that's with Piketon playing 1 less game and I'm guessing in most games Gullion was out of the ball game at some point in the 3rd quarter.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

The SVC Awards are out. Some interesting POY at positions.

2pvfballers
Waterboy

Post by 2pvfballers »

I just wonder how the #1 TE in the state of Ohio and #9 TE in the country doesn’t even make the all SVC team?

Return to “Football”