KIPP 16 Symmes Valley 13 2021 Playoffs

NinjaSchoolDropout
Waterboy

Re: Wk 11: 12. Kipp Columbus vs 5. Symmes Valley (9-0)

Post by NinjaSchoolDropout »

So what you guys are telling me is that the point system is flawed and shouldn’t even be used. The teams they beat have a record of 5-39. But hey I guess ohsaa gives out points now just because you are from Columbus. There is no doubt that they have athletes but just because they are a private school from Columbus doesnt mean your your above a local team that’s ranked higher.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

CB740CAD-3996-4797-A149-5E662C72BD2F.jpeg

NinjaSchoolDropout
Waterboy

So Kipp being 5-4 should be ranked how high in region 23? Call ohsaa and tell them that they should give Columbus teams extra points because they have to be better than any team below Columbus.

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

NinjaSchoolDropout wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:46 pm So Kipp being 5-4 should be ranked how high in region 23? Call ohsaa and tell them that they should give Columbus teams extra points because they have to be better than any team below Columbus.
The Regional ranking thru the OHSAA accounts for your teams wins and the teams wins by teams your team beats. Is there flaws in the Harbin system-yes it does not account for strength of schedule. Take Ironton for example- they play Cincinnati Moeller this year and lost so they got no points for playing Cincinnati Moeller. But when you look at Ironton's schedule it shows a strength in their schedule to play Moeller. The purpose of the OHSAA Harbin rankings is to get the best teams in the Region to the Playoffs. With 16 schools in each region making the playoffs this year- you can not complain if you do make it in. Where they rank in the region does not do anything but determine who is playing who and who gets to play at home.

KIPP Columbus Strength of schedule is much better than Symmes Valley
KIPP Columbus schedule
at Columbus Mifflin W 42-13 Division 2
at Columbus Academy L 33-6 Made Playoffs Division 5
at Bexley W 40-26 Division 3
Utica W 55-36 Division 5
Portsmouth West L 29-20 Made Playoffs Division 5
at Grandview Hts W 48-7 Divsion 6
at Canton Central Catholic L 21-14 Made Playoffs Division 6
at Grove City Christian W 61-14 Division 7
Columbus Ready L 15-14 Made Playoffs Division 5

Symmes Valley played 7 Division 7 schools and 1 Division 6 school with 2 wins, played 1 division 5 school with 0 wins and Division 5 Northwest with 5 wins.

Strength of schedule does go to KIPP Columbus, thus the reason most are saying KIPP will beat Symmes Valley- But we do need to play the game and Symmes may beat KIPP Columbus.

NinjaSchoolDropout
Waterboy

Symmes valley only played 5 d7 schools, your counting is a little off. if you do a little deeper digging into there schedule the teams they beat ain’t that great. just because a team has Christian, Academy, or Catholic in there name and they can recruit doesn’t mean they do. Just like fcfan said that fisher Catholic doesn’t recruit just because they can. But if you see a team with those names or Columbus beside it already win trophies in most peoples book in SO.

Ovc1988
Waterboy

Post by Ovc1988 »

NinjaSchoolDropout wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:05 pm So what you guys are telling me is that the point system is flawed and shouldn’t even be used. The teams they beat have a record of 5-39. But hey I guess ohsaa gives out points now just because you are from Columbus. There is no doubt that they have athletes but just because they are a private school from Columbus doesnt mean your your above a local team that’s ranked higher.
So what your saying is that since Symmes Valley has 18.033 points and a team like Coldwater who is 8-2 who only lost to Marion Local by 3 points and only has 10.97 points Symmes Valley would be the better team because they have more points

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

I watched KIPP compete with West just on pure athleticism. They have some guys with wheels. As far as comparing competition, it's not even close. The SOC 1 is not a great football conference. I'm rooting for the Vikings and could be wrong, but I don't see it happen. One thing is for sure, KIPP will never want to make that drive and see a major culture change down that way.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Kipp’s wins have come against teams with a combined 11-44 record. Their losses have come against teams with a combined 20-20. They are averaging 30.1 points per game and giving up an average of 19.4 points per game.

Symmes Valley’s wins have come against teams with a combined 28-47. They are averaging 30.3 points per game and giving up an average of 10.2 points per game.

NinjaSchoolDropout
Waterboy

All I’m saying is that Kipp hasn’t beat a team that is in the playoffs. I’m not saying anything about there teams athleticism because I’m sure they have a lot of studs on there team.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

SiderBlood wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:05 am I watched KIPP compete with West just on pure athleticism. They have some guys with wheels. As far as comparing competition, it's not even close. The SOC 1 is not a great football conference. I'm rooting for the Vikings and could be wrong, but I don't see it happen. One thing is for sure, KIPP will never want to make that drive and see a major culture change down that way.
West is getting too much credit for being a good team.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

artisgilmore wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:11 am
SiderBlood wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:05 am I watched KIPP compete with West just on pure athleticism. They have some guys with wheels. As far as comparing competition, it's not even close. The SOC 1 is not a great football conference. I'm rooting for the Vikings and could be wrong, but I don't see it happen. One thing is for sure, KIPP will never want to make that drive and see a major culture change down that way.
West is getting too much credit for being a good team.
Yes and no. The way they played Fairland and Waverly no. The way they played Burg and Minford Yes. But as far as facing any SOC 1 school, they would beat any of them by atleast 40 which is what I'm saying.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:14 pm CB740CAD-3996-4797-A149-5E662C72BD2F.jpeg
Nice touch.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

bsee12345 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:26 am The Regional ranking thru the OHSAA accounts for your teams wins and the teams wins by teams your team beats. Is there flaws in the Harbin system-yes it does not account for strength of schedule. Take Ironton for example- they play Cincinnati Moeller this year and lost so they got no points for playing Cincinnati Moeller. But when you look at Ironton's schedule it shows a strength in their schedule to play Moeller. The purpose of the OHSAA Harbin rankings is to get the best teams in the Region to the Playoffs. With 16 schools in each region making the playoffs this year- you can not complain if you do make it in. Where they rank in the region does not do anything but determine who is playing who and who gets to play at home.

KIPP Columbus Strength of schedule is much better than Symmes Valley
KIPP Columbus schedule
at Columbus Mifflin W 42-13 Division 2
at Columbus Academy L 33-6 Made Playoffs Division 5
at Bexley W 40-26 Division 3
Utica W 55-36 Division 5
Portsmouth West L 29-20 Made Playoffs Division 5
at Grandview Hts W 48-7 Divsion 6
at Canton Central Catholic L 21-14 Made Playoffs Division 6
at Grove City Christian W 61-14 Division 7
Columbus Ready L 15-14 Made Playoffs Division 5

Symmes Valley played 7 Division 7 schools and 1 Division 6 school with 2 wins, played 1 division 5 school with 0 wins and Division 5 Northwest with 5 wins.

Strength of schedule does go to KIPP Columbus, thus the reason most are saying KIPP will beat Symmes Valley- But we do need to play the game and Symmes may beat KIPP Columbus.
Well said.

The "who have they beat" -- Mifflin, Bexley, Utica and Grandview aren't world beaters this year. However, they're all a whole hell of a lot better than at least 7 of the 9 teams SV has beaten this year. The two possible exceptions would be Notre Dame and Northwest. ND _might_ be better than those teams, but barely. ND and NW would be without a paddle playing the schedules that Bexley and Grandview do in the Mid-State League & non-league, along with what Utica has to play. SV would also have trouble with those schedules.

The teams KIPP has lost to would beat SV (and every team on SV's schedule) like a drum. And that's not a slant on the fine program in Pedro/Waterloo/Willow Wood or their counterpart staffs*players within the SOC 1 -- it's just the fact of the matter.

I think highly of the SV program in general, as Rusty Webb is a great coach and SV is always well-prepared. It's plausible that SV could beat KIPP -- wouldn't surprise me if it came down to just superior fundamentals, but I kinda sorta doubt it because when you look at what KIPP has & what they can do with it I'm just not sure how SV is really going to match up absent some 'under the radar' speed and depth.

NinjaSchoolDropout
Waterboy

Fc fan I’m really glad I’m talking to the know all and be all of high school football! Thank you for giving me a rundown of every school Ohio.. I’m sure you watched every single team and how great each one of them are while you were apparently rooting on your great fisher catholic team. But heck I guess you’d really be able to tell how great they were if FC didn’t covid forfeit against Kipp. Then you could have some real insight. Thanks buddy

RJShifko
Riding the Bench

Post by RJShifko »

Symmes Valley will be tested. SV is a much better scheme football team than KIPP however KIPP will have better athletes. SV needs to play good assignment football and hope that they are ready to match the gameplan KIPP rolls out. KIPP will definitely score some points they play fast and don’t average 30 PPG without making big plays. SV will face the best team they have all year in KIPP should be a fun one. Biggest advantage for SV is getting KIPP at SV that bus ride is not going to be a fun one

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

It will be close 1st half as Kipp recovers from the trip and overconfidence.2nd half their athletes step up and pull away.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

I just hope we outscore them come Saturday lol

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Paladin `
Waterboy

Post by Paladin ` »

Kipp is the pick.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Rooting for Symmes Valley

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

Went on KIPP's webpage and saw vids of their campus, etc. Saw their team photo and the size of those kids is impressive.
Good luck to SV. Beat those Jaguars.

Return to “Football”