Congrats To Manchester

Kurgan74
JV Team

Congrats To Manchester

Post by Kurgan74 »

Manchester has struggled for several years to build a program. Congrats to the Greyhounds on picking up a win over Federal Hocking last night in convincing fashion 44-0.

SWJeeps22
Freshman Team

Re: Congrats To Manchester

Post by SWJeeps22 »

Program transcending win

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

lol

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Kurgan74
JV Team

Post by Kurgan74 »

The reason I posted this is that I was told that there will be a meeting in the very near future that could eliminate all of the athletic programs at Manchester. If this was their final game, I am glad it was a big win.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Kurgan74 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:34 pm The reason I posted this is that I was told that there will be a meeting in the very near future that could eliminate all of the athletic programs at Manchester. If this was their final game, I am glad it was a big win.
ouch, all sports?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Kurgan74
JV Team

Post by Kurgan74 »

If my source is correct, yes possibly all sports starting next school year.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Kurgan74 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:34 pm The reason I posted this is that I was told that there will be a meeting in the very near future that could eliminate all of the athletic programs at Manchester. If this was their final game, I am glad it was a big win.
This has come up before and the main reason behind it has been funding or lack there of.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Kurgan74 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:47 pm If my source is correct, yes possibly all sports starting next school year.
Ain’t nobody shutting down sports. Sounds like they wanting a levy passed and holding sports hostage. Been threatened before and it never happens.*

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

art_vandelay wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:58 am
Kurgan74 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:47 pm If my source is correct, yes possibly all sports starting next school year.
Ain’t nobody shutting down sports. Sounds like they wanting a levy passed and holding sports hostage. Been threatened before and it never happens.*
Actually a few years back they laid off a bunch of teachers in order to make budget, when the power plants shutdown in the area they lost a HUGE part of their funding. Also not sure if you've ever been in that area but adding extra levies to a very low income area is tough to pass. Now do I think they'd drop "all" sports no, but I could see where football could be in trouble. They've built some new facilities down there over the last few years it would be a shame

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Congrats on the win.

on the black
Freshman Team

Post by on the black »

Why not consolidate with North Adams

SHACFan
Freshman Team

Post by SHACFan »

Lol

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

greygoose wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:05 am
art_vandelay wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:58 am
Actually a few years back they laid off a bunch of teachers in order to make budget, when the power plants shutdown in the area they lost a HUGE part of their funding. Also not sure if you've ever been in that area but adding extra levies to a very low income area is tough to pass. Now do I think they'd drop "all" sports no, but I could see where football could be in trouble. They've built some new facilities down there over the last few years it would be a shame
I have a ton of relatives in Adams Country with most in the Manchester area. Most of my relatives don't work were they live. A few drive to the Cincinnati area. Between the lower area and upper area of Manchester is like night and day. When I was a kid and lived there and later visited a lot, they had some good work places. I'm sure some still drive to Maysville to work as in the 50s & 60s.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

Return to “Football”