Waverly 28 Valley View 18 2021 Playoffs

smurray
SEOPS HO

Waverly 28 Valley View 18 2021 Playoffs

Post by smurray »

Waverly dropped from the 4 spot to the 5 and will host 5-5 Valleyview who has beaten the Tigers in the playoffs im 2017 and 2016 by scores of 42-0 and 34-0.
Don’t let the 5-5 and 12 seed fool you, Valleyview has lost to very good teams in close games.
There is no question they will be very familiar with what Waverly does.
The Tigers better be well prepared and may want to pull out some “new” wrinkles they haven’t used yet. It may take more than doing what they do.

MrFirstTake
SE

Re: Region 16 Round One Germantown Valleyview (5-5) at Waverly (8-1)

Post by MrFirstTake »

This is a tough first round match up for sure definitely deceiving 5-5 record

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Tough draw for Waverly

Burg grad 85
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Man oh man when you look at this region there's a few teams in that 9 and lower range that could be tough outs. To be a #5 seed and be told you get to play a #12 one should be really happy but dang Waverly possibly landed one of the toughest 12 seeds out there. Valley View is 5-5 with losses coming to 2-9 win teams, 2-8 win teams and a 7 win Ross team who finished #4 in their region and played them all close, this team is for sure battle tested. I don't know much about this years Valley View team, typically they are well coached, sound team, who doesn't make mistakes. This will more than likely be Waverly's toughest test of the season and it's in round 1. I'm going to stick with the local boys in this one but this will be a dog fight to pull it off. Good Luck

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

With this years playoff format, there will be a lot of 9-16 who get blown out. But there will also be some upsets due to varying factors on why a team got put in that 9-16 range. Valley View is an example of a team that is going to be a very tough opponent as a 12 seed. They have played a tough schedule and got beat by some very good teams, they are battle tested and have the Tigers number. The Tigers in the last two matchups in 2016 and 2017 did not score a point against VV. But none of these Tigers were on either of those teams so hopefully that does not effect their mindset. Waverly has to come into this one thinking they can handle business, which I believe that they can. But it will take 4 quarters of their best football to do it. VV does not seem to be as run heavy as when the Tigers saw them last, they are very much an air raid team now. Which will be a challenge. The Tigers D line will need to have a huge game, not allowing the QB to make comfortable throws and keep him in the pocket. If they aren’t able to get consistent pressure it could be a long night, just from watching the Tigers this season I would have to say their pass coverage can be vulnerable at times. The offense for Waverly will need to be clicking and cannot afford to turn the ball over. This will be one of the toughest 5/12 matchups in the playoffs. We will see what the Tigers are made of come Friday night.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

I see this matchup as one of the 5/12 matchups you see in March madness. Either the 5 comes out and proves their seed or the 12 keeps is close and makes it a great contest

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

The Tiger offense MUST be clicking and figure out a way to get the ball into the hands of #6 more than they have. Some direct snaps, wildcat, whatever. Mix it up with the way he gets the ball.
Toughest 5/12 matchup there is.
McClain drilled the #11 (Shroder) earlier this year.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Valley View’s schedule is pretty good, excluding Madison, who had a woeful 0-10 year.

Waverly has won two straight and VV has lost two straight to very good teams in Eaton (9-1) and Bellbrook (8-2). If Waverly plays their tempo on Offense and finds mismatches with their receiving core, it would not surprise me to see this game end in the 42-28 range in favor of Waverly.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Jason Vorhees wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:01 pm Valley View’s schedule is pretty good, excluding Madison, who had a woeful 0-10 year.

Waverly has won two straight and VV has lost two straight to very good teams in Eaton (9-1) and Bellbrook (8-2). If Waverly plays their tempo on Offense and finds mismatches with their receiving core, it would not surprise me to see this game end in the 42-28 range in favor of Waverly.
Wow you think it will be that big of a win? I was thinking vv would be the favorite

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Rolltanks wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:10 pm
Jason Vorhees wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:01 pm Valley View’s schedule is pretty good, excluding Madison, who had a woeful 0-10 year.

Wow you think it will be that big of a win? I was thinking vv would be the favorite
I’d say VV is favored until Waverly beats them. The 5-5 record means nothing.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

This contest is winnable for the Tigers, but so was the Wheelersburg game. Just a hunch, Waverly plays to win and pulls a 30-28 upset.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

I believe the reason Valley view has the 5 and 5 record is that they had a coaching change late in the summer. There were some kind of controversy Between the coach and the school board and he ended up resigning. Now hes running for school board. I think the current coach of Valley View came from Dayton Christian. I think Waverley will win but Valley View will be a tough out

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Tough round 1 draw for waverly but I feel they pull it out going away. Good luck tigers

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Waverly

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Waverlys game to lose. But so was Wheelersburg.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Good luck to our Pike county school Waverly!

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Will be curious to see how much it ends up raining Friday night and if it does significantly, how it will effect the game. VV is very pass heavy, even more so than the Tigers. But both offenses like to sling it. So both could be forced to run the ball more then they are planning to.

BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

MasterOfNone wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:02 am Will be curious to see how much it ends up raining Friday night and if it does significantly, how it will effect the game. VV is very pass heavy, even more so than the Tigers. But both offenses like to sling it. So both could be forced to run the ball more then they are planning to.
Waverly (as I'm sure some other schools as well), got to experience some heavy rain in the Minford game and came out of the gates guns blazing. So at least they know what it's like if we get heavy rain Friday. VV is a solid team and the 5-5 record doesn't matter at this point. Tigers need to jump on them quick and press on the gas. I'm going Waverly 35-21!

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

By seeding and record you think Waverly will walk all over but I don’t think it’s the case. Valley View has played good teams and played good football in all of them for 3 quarters just couldn’t finish it off. However I think Waverly has taken that loss to Burg personal and has learned from it.
Waverly 34 Valley View 20

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
DJT47
Riding the Bench

Post by DJT47 »

Write this down. Valley View in an upset

Return to “Football”