Trimble 38 Fisher Catholic 0 2021 Playoffs

formerfcfan
SEOP

Re: Week 11: R27 #12 Fisher @ #5 Trimble

Post by formerfcfan »

SugarGroove wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:08 pm :lol: This jackhole ^^^^^^^
Right? The whole baseball team is playing football, and the rest of the kids were on the track-and-field team. :lol:

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

formerfcfan wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:46 am
Right? The whole baseball team is playing football, and the rest of the kids were on the track-and-field team. :lol:
Lol I'm sure they will show up and give Trimble a game

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Fisher Catholic is 5-5. Their 5 wins are against teams with a combined 12-31. Their 5 losses are against teams with a combined 32-15 record. They’re averaging 27.2 points per game while giving up an average of 22 points per game.

Trimble is 7-2. Their 7 wins are against teams with a combined 24-39 record. Their 2 losses are against teams with a combined 13-4 record. They’re averaging 35.67 points per game while giving up an average of 11.1 points per game. Trimble also has 4 shutouts this year.

Paladine
Waterboy

Post by Paladine »

Glousterite wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:59 pm
Roy Mcavoy wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:43 pm Wouldn't be a home Trimble playoff game without a lot of rain in the forecast. Calling for a bunch of rain at the end of the week. Gonna be a muddy one in Glouster
Hoping that plays in the Cats favor. FC a throwing team? If so, that’ll work out nice. Lol.
They won't throw a pass against you. But you will have no problem with them whether they do or not because you, being an apparent spokesperson for the community, believe you can beat them. The potential problems will arise the next week when your defeatist mindset has you too concerned with how "Waterford got lucky with their draw" and you were "unlucky." If you are fortunate enough to get through the game you are destined to failure the third week but it's okay because "NC gets to recruit an area the size of Newark" and you don't.

Paladine
Waterboy

Post by Paladine »

Glousterite wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:58 pm
Paladine wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:19 am
Superman wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:20 am

Just ignore the idiot troll. He's on about his fifth or sixth username because people learn to ignore him and he has to switch to try to get some sort of validation. He really is sad and pathetic. I kind of feel sorry for him.
Yes but most importantly, ignore the truth. That keeps you comfortable and happy in SEO and you don't have to worry about owning up to a loss, you always have the "they got lucky" or "they recruit" excuses.
:lol: this dude is a poor excuse for a username. Probably never played a down of football in his life. We’ve owned up to a couple losses this year, so you better do some homework before you try running your chops. You can line any team in the state up with the Cats and they will play them. I can assure you they ain’t scared of nobody. Being a fan, I know our limit and who we can play with. Obviously you haven’t been to our community to know our mindset, and with a mouth like yours, it’s probably a good thing you haven’t been to our community, because you wouldn’t make it very far. I assure you that.
You've already started the, we can't beat NC but "if we could recruit like they do we would never lose" excuse and the, "with Marion Local in D7 no one else has a chance," out. Your words, not mine.

GoldenEagles2015
Waterboy

Post by GoldenEagles2015 »

Paladine wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:43 am
Glousterite wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:12 am
Paladine wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:01 am

Once again an SEO team has already decided they can't win a title before the first round is has even been played. Yet another reason you'll probably never win one.
I’m a little old to be on the team, so as a fan, I can have an opinion. It don’t matter what I “decide” That’s up to the players to believe in themselves to win a title. Sorry I hurt your feelings. While we’re here, go ahead and tell me any D7 school that can compete with Maria Stein. Go ahead……I’ll wait.
That's a nice dodge, but it the mindset of your community. Just like you said "I'm a little old..." it's clear that your despondent attitude is affecting more than just your outlook on football. To answer your question, I will tell you who cannot compete with them, and that is any team/community that has your attitude of fear and doubt.
You raise an excellent point. This one fan saying that no one has a chance against Stein means that the whole community thinks the same way. And they speak for the football team too. The logic here is lacking. It is quite easy these days to bait someone into an argument. I think that anything can happen at any division in high school football. Does that mean that my hometown team should just get a pass to the state title game now? I am going to go with no. The mentality of one person on the internet says nothing about the mentality of a community and a team.

Paladine
Waterboy

Post by Paladine »

GoldenEagles2015 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:34 am
Paladine wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:43 am
Glousterite wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:12 am

I’m a little old to be on the team, so as a fan, I can have an opinion. It don’t matter what I “decide” That’s up to the players to believe in themselves to win a title. Sorry I hurt your feelings. While we’re here, go ahead and tell me any D7 school that can compete with Maria Stein. Go ahead……I’ll wait.
That's a nice dodge, but it the mindset of your community. Just like you said "I'm a little old..." it's clear that your despondent attitude is affecting more than just your outlook on football. To answer your question, I will tell you who cannot compete with them, and that is any team/community that has your attitude of fear and doubt.
You raise an excellent point. This one fan saying that no one has a chance against Stein means that the whole community thinks the same way. And they speak for the football team too. The logic here is lacking. It is quite easy these days to bait someone into an argument. I think that anything can happen at any division in high school football. Does that mean that my hometown team should just get a pass to the state title game now? I am going to go with no. The mentality of one person on the internet says nothing about the mentality of a community and a team.
Good points. However, in this case it's not just that "one fan" but, that one fan does claim to have insight into the team and the abilities of said team. We don't have the benefit of having everyone in that community on here giving their opinion, but there are several from that community on here, enough to get an idea of what the mindset is, and they all seem to have the same attitude: "NC recruits, Waterford got lucky, ML is unbeatable." Also it's not just that community. Get on any thread from any of the teams in SEO and you have a good chance of reading excuses for why their team can't beat Ironton, ML, NC, "Burg," Kirtland and any other team not in SEO.

GoldenEagles2015
Waterboy

Post by GoldenEagles2015 »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:46 pm Ah, yes, the semiannual discussion of recruiting that FC some how gets drug into. An SEOPS tradition as welcomed as the linemen percentages talk coming from Mercer-Vegas. :mrgreen: I suppose it's flattering to be thought of in that light, because it's never applied to programs/schools that have no reputation of having had some measurable (yet subjective) success. On the other hand, in the interest of not just separating 'fact from fiction' but also realizing the hearts of our families I do feel compelled to rebut the accusation -- not for my own reputation (don't care) but in the communal pride I have in our boys, coaches and teachers.

FC is one of the smallest football-playing schools in the state. Even in the 90's/early-mid 00's it was, but its a whole hell of a lot smaller today compared to then. Up until two years ago, it supported four fall sports programs across 75 boys in the entire school (grades 9-12.) Golf (2015 Division III team champions -- man that was a great team) has since been cut. XC is vibrant and generally one of the better D3 programs this side of I-70 and US-23; boys soccer is still alive yet struggling. Football -- we have who we have. Would it be nice to have more players? Of course. That said, I wouldn't trade a single one of our boys away if it meant a roster of 40+. Saturday will likely be rough for us (I've never been a homer) but the frankest evidence to determine whether or not "FC recruits" will be there for all to see.

We've had some major issues with enrollment and football program health after 2007. '08 recession and its after-shocks held true and through for a long time. FC is ~40% smaller today than it was in 2008. The state of the Catholic schools, let alone Catholic institutions (e.g. parishes that are about to be consolidated) has also been troubled both within the FC 'system' and the overarching dysfunction of the Diocese of Columbus in the meantime. The Catholic grade school in Lancaster (and its sponsoring parish) has been in the dumps administratively and in finances (directly stemmed to enrollment/activity) the entire past decade -- FC's second "feeder" just closed its doors permanently this summer (St. Rose of New Lexington.) FC used to have a steady flow of 10-12 families per class from Perry County, but that number is now down to 4-6 per class. Sheridan is more/less our biggest competition when it comes to the Catholic families in PC, and that's a pretty tough school to really 'compete' against. Anyone not convinced by the proceeding can ask the family of a Trimble player who moved to Glouster from Lancaster/the FC system of education about 7-10 years ago. Their son graduated in 2016. Surname begins with "R."

We have who we have. Their parents can tell you why they set their $$$ aside so their kids can go to the school "less-traveled." It's certainly not to play >95% of the snaps in a game, week-in and week-out. Our best player could easily be a star for the public school his folks are paying taxes to, except the coaches at that school don't know he even exists because he's been with us from the very beginning. Same can be said for his peers. Devotion to Catholicism, belief in the school and program to them trumps a more-glamorous Friday Night Lights career somewhere else.

We have a fine school that we love; Trimble folks have a fine school themselves chocked full of good people. I'm sure in any hypothetical where Trimble kids lived in Lancaster and had an interest in attending FC (Catholic or not), they'd enjoy FC; conversely any FC kid that lived in northern Athens County would enjoy Trimble if they weren't at FC.
I wonder if the FC kids know each others names yet. I know they come from all over the state so that would be tough. Hard not to root for the team that did it the right way in this case. Trimble is really good at developing players. FC has some success too with their recruiting.

MORBaseball
Waterboy

Post by MORBaseball »

You're doing a great job of proving Paladine's point.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

dilligaf wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:46 am
formerfcfan wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:46 am
Lol I'm sure they will show up and give Trimble a game
We’ll see. Phil notches win #2 against us, likely.

Good to see you enjoying another HSFB season, brother!

Personal Foul
Riding the Bench

Post by Personal Foul »

rumor is trimble is lokoing for a turf field to move the game to if the weather is bad. any truth to this?

Roy Mcavoy
Freshman Team

Post by Roy Mcavoy »

Haven't heard that rumor, only option would be Athens since Nelsonville plays Saturday as well. This morning the field looked mowed, why not just get tarps and cover it up, they've done it before a few years back

Greatest 12 in US Open History
Superman
JV Team

Post by Superman »

Roy Mcavoy wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:33 pm Haven't heard that rumor, only option would be Athens since Nelsonville plays Saturday as well. This morning the field looked mowed, why not just get tarps and cover it up, they've done it before a few years back
Get out the helicopter

ttomcat 80
JV Team

Post by ttomcat 80 »

Grass field and mud that’s football.No danger in flooding.

:roll: cats :roll:
Personal Foul
Riding the Bench

Post by Personal Foul »

Saw where kirtland moved theirs to a turf field for same reason. I understand wanting to keep at home though for seniors. Hopefully it ends up okay shouldn’t be enough of a game to matter I would think

Enforcer
Freshman Team

Post by Enforcer »

Personal Foul wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:08 pm rumor is trimble is lokoing for a turf field to move the game to if the weather is bad. any truth to this?
Im gona say thats a BIG rumor, Weve rented a helicopter in the past to dry the field out

Personal Foul
Riding the Bench

Post by Personal Foul »

Enforcer wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:09 am
Personal Foul wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:08 pm rumor is trimble is lokoing for a turf field to move the game to if the weather is bad. any truth to this?
Im gona say thats a BIG rumor, Weve rented a helicopter in the past to dry the field out
Helicopter? Ok I assume this was just a rumor then good luck to both teams hopefully a healthy game

coachK
JV Team

Post by coachK »

A few schools were in fact contacted about moving game to sat. Afternoon or Saturday night.
I know N. Y. Also has a hocking college game Saturday so wasn’t available

ttomcat 80
JV Team

Post by ttomcat 80 »

coachK wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:44 am A few schools were in fact contacted about moving game to sat. Afternoon or Saturday night.
Seriously?all D7 games are scheduled for Saturday night.

:roll: cats :roll:
Personal Foul
Riding the Bench

Post by Personal Foul »

coachK wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:44 am A few schools were in fact contacted about moving game to sat. Afternoon or Saturday night.
Darn that would be a fun Saturday Trimble in the afternoon nelsonville at night same field. Bummer

Return to “Football”